This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Sartorialist for Lucky Magazine

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Sartorialist for Lucky Magazine




In addition to the announcements from the other day I also wanted to announce my first ad campaign that I shot recently for Lucky magazine.

The whole experience was really great and I was really happy that Lucky let me use "real" girls (some you will recognize from this blog) and their real clothes for the shoot. Because I wanted to shoot it my my usual way I made the hair and make-up people stand around the corner while I was shooting. I told them it was so the young lady would feel more comfortable but it was more for me.

The images will appear over the next few weeks in various magazines and newspapers and websites so keep your eyes open for them.

Anyway, enough announcements for a while - fashion week is really kicking off today and the dust is settling for the new changes here so lets get back to normal at The Sartorialist!

Comments on "The Sartorialist for Lucky Magazine"

 

Blogger lucia martinez said ... (9:56 AM) : 

those boots in the first outfit are perfect.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:00 AM) : 

Okay, now I'm remembering how fabulous Winter style is!! Love those grey booties.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

amazing! i knew a magazine was due at the works :D

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Great looks, all of them! My favourite is the first one!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

great shots SART !!!!

love how you use the NYC streets as a backdrop

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

These are some of my favorite ladies' portraits you've done in a while. Especially love the sitting girl (and all your sitting portraits recently) - so polished, but she looks so comfortable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

Would be great to have the Sartorialist Magazine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Kewl! A lot of doors are swinging for you and how equally kewl of you to elevate, potentially, these "real girls" modeling opportunity?

Agree with carolina lange the first picture is how my lady friends would look indeed. Great shots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

I just wanted to drop you a quick comment to say that, a) your recent news is fantastic, and b) (without too much fawning) your site and your photography style are a real inspiration to me. Your ability to capture people (not my strongest suit...but God, I wish it was) is utterly without compare. Please keep up the good work and all my best on future endeavors.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Three for three! Lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

does anyone know who makes the larger leather bag in the second shot? please do share! thanks in advance.

 

Blogger Berkley Magazine said ... (12:46 PM) : 

I'm happy to see that things are progressing for you. I hope that you will get to do more work for magazines in the future. Lovely shots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

oh scott, you are so talented! i love, love LOVE the girl in the second pic, the style of it all just gets me. i am so buying this edition of Lucky! Thank you, again; you know your women!

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (1:06 PM) : 

These are some wonderful photos, Sart. Very classy. The woman in the last (bottom) pic is stunning. Wow! What a beauty. Just amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

I don't understand why the second lady is carrying two huge bags. She looks so burdened. What all could she possibly be carrying?

Love the pop of yellow in the last photo.

 

Blogger iain russell said ... (1:27 PM) : 

way to keep street style what it is... real.

 

Blogger Marnee said ... (1:36 PM) : 

I saw similar sweater in Urban Outfitter's catalog. I am shocked to see that the Freddy Kruger look is in.

Hall pass, where's your hall pass?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:42 PM) : 

It's lovely that Lucky let you keep your signature style to capture the fashionable, fun sector of their target demographic so brilliantly.

The pics looks great and I'm sure they'll be a success.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 PM) : 

does anyone know where those boots are from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

they all look so hot! good work!
I love their shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Great to see for a long time some really ´fresh´looking girls on your site. Everyone of these three look charming in their own way.Effortless style may I say.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 PM) : 

Can't wait to get that copy of "Lucky" in the mail! How exciting for you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

love love love it! now I have inspiration for tomorrow. I love your work! / Nikolina SWEDEN, Gothenburg

 

Blogger perfect bound said ... (4:44 PM) : 

Lucky us! I can't wait to see the next issue.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Wow! Those are "real" girls in their own, real clothes? They still look like models to me, but that's not a bad thing. They all look beautiful and I love all of the outfits. Nice work, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

Hope to hear/see from you still, even though all these striking opportunities are moving up on you. Your blog has been a very special one, changing my view on fashion and the people living it, so personal and yet profound. Thanks for that and good luck for everything new!

 

Blogger WendyB said ... (5:32 PM) : 

Love #1. The stripes, the boots.

 

Blogger Pumpkin Man said ... (5:42 PM) : 

Congratulations once again!

The girl in the stripe sweater looks amazing!! Great shot!!

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Congratulations on the project.

The last photo is absolutely amazing. The first photo, although looks great but you can see her eyes were not focused on the camera.

 

Blogger Eli said ... (5:49 PM) : 

Great photo's! The red striped sweater is so great, the whole look reminds me of eight is enough for some odd reason.

 

Blogger Lindsay said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Wow, does anyone know where the suede boots in the first picture are from? I'm in love...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 PM) : 

Just saw the coverage of your website and NYFW blogging in yesterday's WWD- first listed congratulations! I hope the advertisements through Conde Nast allow for your best possible shots.
And am looking forward to seeing your thorough coverage of the week. Have fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

Wow, that first gal made my heart skip a beat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 PM) : 

The 2nd larger non-weft bag looks to be the city tote from Anna Corinna for the person who asked.

love the shots as always. and I love the leather hoodie on the one girl...looks just like someting hanging in my closet. Thanks for the inspiration!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 PM) : 

The second girl's large leather bag is an Anna Corinna convertible city tote, I believe. :]

 

Blogger gumersinda said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Hi, I actually bought those boots in the flea market that used to be on 24th street about two years ago. I love them, and the best part is I got them for $15!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 PM) : 

That first girl is amazing.

 

Blogger The Glossy Editor said ... (10:22 PM) : 

OMG Sart! LOVING your Lucky ladies!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 PM) : 

the lady in the first photo is absolutely stunning. i would be very, very surprised if she weren't a model. i look forward to seeing your ad photos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 AM) : 

Great shots, Sart!

Is that Our Kelly (that's how I think of her) in the third photo?

Funny. I remember how warm you said it was and how you had to avoid greenery because it was all for an Autumn issue...

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:44 AM) : 

the boots, they're amazing - this is why I love winter, there's so much to wear!!

congrats on all the good news sart!!

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (5:58 AM) : 

i love how you shoot the normal people
although...
the normalness of these people actually becomes something more than that because of you shooting them..
they become something bigger and therefore more themselves...
so you actually put them in a picture they wanna see themselves in.. and thats a really nice job..
am i making sense?

 

Blogger Siru said ... (6:10 AM) : 

congrats !

those pics look really amazing it must have been great to get the chance to do ad campaing

juliet xxx

 

Blogger >Jer said ... (6:13 AM) : 

Rad pictures

Third one is most definitely best

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

lol re. your "real" girls comment. i like that you used quotes - maybe you were aware that your "real" girls are still going to be model-beautiful (perhaps you were making the distinction that they wouldn't be model thin?), but hopefully you were also self-conscious that models are also real girls (except the 1 or 2 that are aliens... j/k).
congrats on the gig, either way.

 

Blogger Piggy Bank Think Tank said ... (1:18 PM) : 

love all thse new photos (especially the first one...there is just something about her casual and clean elegance. And I see I'm not the only one coveting those boots!)
CONGRATS on all your good news! Hopefully this means soon you will be doing some more reader events???

 

Blogger JO said ... (6:26 PM) : 

I want those first boots - Love them - the whole outfit rocks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:40 AM) : 

aww they all look so beautiful
I love these outfits

 

Blogger Le Raconteur said ... (8:08 PM) : 

I want to MARRY number two. I can only DREAM of wedding such a stylish and BEAUTIFUL woman. Thanks Scott.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting