This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.........Knee socks, Manhattan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, September 24, 2007

On The Street.........Knee socks, Manhattan

Comments on "On The Street.........Knee socks, Manhattan"

 

Blogger mowrer said ... (5:00 AM) : 

belle le macchie di turchese sul bianco, stile e classe, ma le gambe meritano un trattamento migliore; i piedi fuori dalle scarpe mi fanno morire....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:06 AM) : 

ohmy.. vlada r? it is!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (7:59 AM) : 

Love her look! Love her socks!

 

Blogger UESman said ... (8:22 AM) : 

Wait, let me guess: Another Bryant Park photo? I guess you said Manhattan so you could take a break from typing Bryant Park so many times.

 

Blogger will anderson said ... (9:15 AM) : 

my god, she nailed that look. nice shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Sloppy chic is there is such a thing - she's sweet!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

great look, but only for long, slim legs... not my case...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 AM) : 

I love the socks and shoes; I love the jacket and dress(?). But I don't love them together. One of these things is not like the others.

I would prefer to see the hosiery and shoes with a different outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

gorgeous legs, gorgeous face....i like the soft blue mixed with the off-white/saggy socks, it give the outfit a very innocent feel

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

LOV IT LOVE IT ABSOLUTELY LOVE KNEE SOCKS.....but why with this shoesS??????

 

Blogger jamesylala said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I love and adoore knee socks. I wish we boys could pull a look like this off with out the leiderhausen!!!! She is charming. Such a sweet look about her, you just want to introduce her to the queen of hearts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

is that Vlada?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

she pulls off this look very well.

 

Blogger minutoyoga said ... (11:26 AM) : 

I love!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (11:33 AM) : 

I love to see what models wear off-duty. She's got a great mix of pattern and colors that looks thrown together (in a good way!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

sexy run-away look.
"Hemp" leaves on the jacket?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 AM) : 

sweet as a blueberry. i love the slate shoes eyes, she's a composition in aqueous solutions.

 

Blogger Landis said ... (11:55 AM) : 

ok, i know she's a model (vlada?)
but this is one of the hands-down-no-comparison-hail-mary-pass -the-collection prettiest shots you've ever posted.

good on you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

YES! When you've legs like a baby giraffe, absolutely play them up with knee socks! Brilliant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

she was beautiful

 

Blogger Valentina said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Vlada, like it's no big deal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Very cute! Great legs!!

If only all the rest of us had legs like this.... knee-high socks need legs that are essentially cylindrical, and not the slightest bit conical. How much I would love to wear the Prada knee-high socks of this season, it would not be right to do so.

 

Blogger Andy said ... (1:39 PM) : 

i've been following your blog for a year now (i live in seoul, korea) and i have to mention this even though we are strangers to each other. my husband was accepted to columbia b-school... so we will be in the fashion capital of the US starting next fall! your pictures make me thrilled to be starting my career in fashion in NYC and living on the streets you photograph so well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Knee socks are always great. I love these. And look at her beautiful hands and nails. I feel bad about what is going on under her eyes. Like she hasn't slept in 3 weeks. Doesn't matter though, pretty girl.

 

Blogger rebeccacalvetti said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Adorable.

But I wonder how they stay up at all. After all, a big part of this aesthetic is the slouchiness.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

She is the top model Vlada. She is beautiful with everything!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

Is that Caroline Trentini?

As in Brazilian Supermodel Caroline Trentini ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

I love seeing socks in these pictures. They're a great and underappreciated accessory in my area and I've gotten so much inspiration from the occasional sock shot on this blog that I'm just dying for the temperatures to drop so I can start working them into my outfits more often (though here in Florida, we'll be lucky if autumn weather is here before Christmas songs start playing, blaaah).

The slouchiness of the socks, elf shoes, and mismatched jacket add just enough scruff to this outfit to make it cute and casual, but I'd love to see her dress this up on a different day, if just because the socks and bag are the same shade of grey beige and it intrigues me so I wanna see her work that angle! I do like this as it stands, though. I'm a fan of deliberate scruff.

We can't see much of it because of the jacket and bag, but is it just me or is that shirt/dress/thing an awesome piece?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

She is a model for sure and a pretty one too.I don´t find her outfit interesting with the socks and the slippers.The only good thing is that she uses blue,which suits her well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

Would need to see this while she's standing.

Doubtful as to whether it would change my personal opinion, however, as there's a disturbing connotation to the acceptance of the sexualization of girls whenever I see a woman in knee socks and short bottoms.

Fashion as politics and gender issues?

Who knew?
mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

love knee socks!! Bought a pair of prada ones.. best buy this fall :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 PM) : 

Vlada. Wow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Does she model in Teen Vogue? She looks familiar. What's wrong with her eyes? Looks like she needs more sleep or more nutrition.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

Tall glass of water , great shot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 PM) : 

Hey, that's Pippi Longstocking!!
What a fabulous picture. I really like her relaxed look and the mix of green in the background and the asphalt in front.

 

Blogger christinaooi said ... (5:05 PM) : 

ooh! what a find!

I love Vlada, and I'm loving the socks. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 PM) : 

vlada!

hopefully she got some sleep after this picture was taken!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:43 PM) : 

I love the look, it is really cool, but I don't know if in the small villages people would dare to wear it, is so... nun college uniform, at least here, in Spain, but I really love love the look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 PM) : 

I thought you didn't like photographing models...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:03 PM) : 

there's just something about this girl. try comparing this photo to the shot of lisa airan a few pictures above (black, white, magenta rodarte suit a few pictures above). this girl has paired together all the "wrong" elements and it looks quirky and fantastic. whereas airan is wearing beautiful pieces, all perfectly matched, and she looks atrocious.

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (9:48 PM) : 

agreed. great look for long, slim legs. I could never pull this off. Great makeup!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 PM) : 

Re: 6:18 PM, he's already said a ton of times that he isn't shooting them BECAUSE they're models. Come on, now.

 

Blogger Megan Whittaker said ... (12:01 AM) : 

how charming...

 

Blogger suzee said ... (12:20 AM) : 

She makes me think of modern day Alice In Wonderland :)

 

Blogger Particulars said ... (12:24 AM) : 

Pretty girl, mismatched clothes. I really don't see how this outfit is stylish. And I don't "get" the knee socks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 AM) : 

Makes me think of Lolita.

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (3:47 AM) : 

yes! finally!
here i am walking around in my knee socks and people are looking at me like... what are you wearing?
thank you very much :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 AM) : 

she is beautiful and looks fantastic. I wish I had her face, body and outfit.

 

Blogger Ryfka said ... (1:00 PM) : 

I love this outfit. Nicely put together.
From what I gather from the previous comments, she is a model. Maybe that's why the poor girl looks so tired.

 

Blogger Susanna said ... (1:46 PM) : 

I'm just wondering where she managed to find socks that tall.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 AM) : 

This one makes me think of the movie Sue. Beautifull picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

OMG it`s Vlada Roslyakova. She is the best model ever. And her look is just fab!!!!!! Love to vlada<3<3<3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 AM) : 

its def. vlada. i saw her on the subway during the shoes. she was perfectly dressed down to her chloe heels that day as well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 AM) : 

Hey! It's Vlada Roslyakova! She'd look good in a sack...

 

Blogger Romeika said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Oh, how i wish i looked good with knee-high socks. Vlada is extremely thin and tall, of course it suits her. Great shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:36 PM) : 

Biting my lip, biting my lip. Very nice look.

 

Blogger la femme said ... (11:49 AM) : 

Vlada... love the stockings. You have to be very slim to pull those off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 PM) : 

i LOVE this look! little sister of cameron diaz?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 PM) : 

Vlada Vlada!Her outfit is from japanese brand.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting