This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street........Jane St. , West Village

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, September 08, 2007

On The Street........Jane St. , West Village

Comments on "On The Street........Jane St. , West Village"

 

Blogger anyimage said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Nice! Great color and love the hair. I could do without the sandals and the un-PC disposable water bottle. Everyone should be using a Nalgene bottle filled with filtered tap water.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 AM) : 

Fantastic -- this shot reminds me of the Gwendolyn Stewart photo of Anne Sexton.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 AM) : 

The shoes could only be lovlier if the heels were covered.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

*LOVE* the dress & everything else...except the shoes! They ruin it, kind of.

 

Blogger Landis said ... (12:27 PM) : 

she's so well dressed it makes you want to see the inside of her home. . . it's bound to be the chicest place in the city. . .

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Love the mix of colors in the outfit. She looks absolutely beautiful, until you get to the shoes, which just don't go. Also, a less severe hairstyle would be nice.

 

Blogger Deirdre said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Hair, face, bangles, dress, pose, shoes: fabulous.

 

Blogger hc said ... (1:56 PM) : 

something of a peasant in town; mix of primitive and sophisticated elegance
cordelia

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 PM) : 

She looks very pretty, very European, but she also looks hot!

 

Blogger Tereneh Idia said ... (2:22 PM) : 

Love the mix of prints. Very urbane and chic. Nice. A great example of using globally inspired prints and not make it look like a costume, something for everyday.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

I don't like the earrings (too much with the prints of the scarf and the dress) or the shoes, but otherwise "in praise of older women" was my primary thought in looking at this! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

Ack..In looking more closely I think I falsely accused her of wearing earrings. Still don't like the shoes though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 PM) : 

great look...it's evident that style comes very natural to her

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

I love the mix of patterns that make her salt and pepper hair look awesome.

Plus, doesn't she look like Nia Vardalos from My Big Fat Greek Wedding?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

I really love her look. I love looking through your photos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 PM) : 

I like her style, but not the shoes.
Can't help it...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 PM) : 

oh heavens. i think the bracelet thing is splendid. and then of course the colour of the dress and the mix of patterns. it's a cool look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 PM) : 

I love her style with her age, it's fresh and vibrant. I like the mix of colors and prints. I might personally wear a dark brown shoe to blend it in more with the bangles and scarf, but overall she looks great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 PM) : 

I typically abhor white shoes, but these manage to look a little tough and perfectly cool.

I like that they're a bit different than the typical (safe) shoe many of us would've chosen.

 

Blogger Keiler said ... (9:30 PM) : 

I love the shoes and everything else she wears. She looks like someone I would want to know.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 PM) : 

I must defend the shoes -- they're excellent! They were the first thing I noticed, and I approve of the whole outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 AM) : 

A mature woman again.Good. The shoes are the only problematic part in this pic. Well,summer is soon gone and maybe she thinks it is the final time to wear white shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 AM) : 

i love it all, esp the shoes. anyone know where she got them?
she looks gorgeous.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (1:09 AM) : 

The green really compliments her well.

Love the white shoes.

 

Blogger C Dougherty said ... (5:35 AM) : 

it's encouraging to see an older woman, i.e. not a teener or tweener or twenty year old (all lovely in their own right) who has worked out how to look great and sexy and serious and smart and fun (i.e. grown-up). designs on the high street are mostly for kids.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:21 AM) : 

I love this - it looks like she went to her wardrobe and threw together this outfit with what she found. I love that the shoes are a bit "off"

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (9:38 AM) : 

perfection - it isn't about cool clothes or spending a lot of money but rather 100% about her style.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Love the colors she mix! Great way to wear a scarve!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

This woman looks great. Many have commented on the white sandals. I might have chosen a darker color, but the crossed straps do echo the pattern in the scarf. I like that kind of detail. Overall, I love the earthy/urban mix.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

She looks very cool, very sophisticated and daring- like someone who has done something with her life. Anyimage, how do you know she isn't refilling one bottle with tap water? Even if she didn't, a fashion blog isn't the place for your righteousness.

 

Blogger lala said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Inspirational (if thats how its spelled)
i loved the whole outfit even the shoes ..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

Not many can carry this type of look. Print on print coupled with adventurous accessories (the shoes everyone is commenting on!) I love this combi. I won't take away anything honestly. I think she got it right. Reminds me of Tokyo, where fashionable Japanese play on texture, prints, colours & interesting mix of accessories. Be adventurous, I say!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 PM) : 

I adore the smart and sensible sandles (I have a pair very similar myself) and I simply love the mixing of patterns and colours ..but what I like most about this outfit are the very cool bracelets this lady is wearing up her arm.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 AM) : 

Nothing to little, nothing to much, pure class!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

I love the mad mix, very Prada w/o the mad price tag!

 

Blogger rebeccacalvetti said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Gorgeous interplay between the various prints and patterns. I'm not usually terribly impressed by modern women's fashion choices, but how can I have any issues with this?

Oh, and the colors are excellent also.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 PM) : 

Wow, she looks perfect. Very individual, still referencing trends, looking smoking hot. And I adore the shoes. They really make the outfit for me -- taking it just over the edge from "ethnic sympathizer" to "bohemian punk."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 PM) : 

she seems to like the idea of being wrapped.

 

Blogger BeautyinBaltimore said ... (11:20 PM) : 

Love the heal height.

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (1:17 AM) : 

super chic!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 AM) : 

I LOVE this look; so chic - the shoes - the whole thing! She looks French.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHE looks great!!!!!!!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting