This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street........Jane St., New York City

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, September 14, 2007

On The Street........Jane St., New York City

Comments on "On The Street........Jane St., New York City"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Very impressive for her to have navigated those cobblestones in heels. Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

Deconstructed dress and cobblestones - again: perfect background scene for the modell in front :-D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 PM) : 

I live in a cobblestone city and have abandoned my Sigerson Morrisons in favour of flats. The cobbler was having a fun time trying to repair the heels. The outfit is inspiring. I love the lines and folds, and the hint of beige on the shoes (a bold reinterpretation of the classic Chanel shoe).

One thing has me flummoxed - all the big bags I'm seeing. How much does a woman need to carry around? Remember DV, who wanted to do away with bags altogether? She was on a pocket bender there for a while.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

I don't know. Does anyone else feel this makes her look fat by drawing undue emphasis to her midsection? And she's clearly not fat at all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 PM) : 

The picture is nice.This dress would be a terrific maternity party dress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 PM) : 

I actually like this. I'm really tiny with tiny shoulders and so all of the loose and flowy, "maternity wear" styles of this year just make me look like a little kid in a nightgown. I can't wait until they are all gone and a waist is again appreciated. But there's something about this dress that makes it super-cool, and I agree with person who said that the wild hair offers the correct counterpoint to the loose, architectural style of the clothing. Bravo! (And thank goodness she's not wearing flip-flops.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 PM) : 

I don't know what she's wearing, who it's by, or where she got it, but I do know that I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 AM) : 

Stylistically: I'm not sure the white shirt under the black dress really work a smooth line; the hair and the dress are big and a bit too much together.

Artistically: Sublime mix of light and textures.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 AM) : 

Well, well--facebook has led me to your blog. I must say, I am impressed!

First ebay, now blogs. For all my interest in blogging, my blog would be considered an ugly duckling in your "fashion" lingo!

It's great to see that everything is working out for ya, Emily. Drop me an IM or something, and lemme know if you see Beth in some sort of sketchy situation. Ah, jk.

Congrats!

 

Blogger penelope said ... (7:33 AM) : 

I really like that dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 AM) : 

The shoes would be worth falling down for--they are gorgeous. But it's just another bag dress. They seem to be the "thing" this fall in NY, and I really don't like them swallowing up all these otherwise lovely women.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 PM) : 

The layers of her dress remind me of a rose. I disagree about the white shirt not being "stylistically correct." The white shirt peeking out is a fantastic juxtaposition to the black of the dress and seems to indicate that she's not trying TOO hard. The best style is effortless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 PM) : 

fabulous silhouette and texture detail on top half, contrasting nicely with her skin and fair, fine hair. but the bag and shoes ? oh lady....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 AM) : 

I love that dress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 PM) : 

More than anything, I like the fact that she must feel the breeze through the sails of silk; it probably felt like a dream every time it waved.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting