This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street........How To Successfully Wear A Loooong Sleeve, Bryant Park

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, September 07, 2007

On The Street........How To Successfully Wear A Loooong Sleeve, Bryant Park


I think it is a law that every rule is made to be broken.

So, if you are going to wear your sleeves too long then do it with conviction like this gentleman.

I also love the vintage spectator shoes.

Comments on "On The Street........How To Successfully Wear A Loooong Sleeve, Bryant Park"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 AM) : 

just wanted to add that I am a mad longsleever..! I think it looks just gorgeos.. a longer sleeve under the shorter jacket. The best look simply!

TaTiana
Barcelona

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:10 AM) : 

Sorry, Scott, but my vote is nay: the long sleeves (which don't seem a conscious decision), short jacket, and long, somewhat floppy pants add up, in my opinion, to a fashion goof.

 

Blogger MrWong said ... (7:55 AM) : 

nice shoes - wonder if Sydney is ready for spectators this spring/summer? Heck, I'm gonna give it a GO!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Love it, love it! Love the longer-sleeved blue-striped shirt, shorter jacket, and especially the shoes! I love that it's a modern twist to that 1930's dandy/college boy look. (But then I've always found the slightly sloppy preppy look irresistible.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 AM) : 

He is good looking.I like the outfit.If there is anything to change,it would be the shirt under the jacket.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:05 AM) : 

I like it. He's clearly constructed every element of the whole carefully. It's rumpled vintage.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 AM) : 

'e is so cute I just want to lap 'im up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

This is a highly sophisticated look. I love the way the collarless shirt and cut of the coat stop it being too "costume"-y. Really suits his dark colouring. A very inviting photograph, makes me wish I was in Central Park right now (or maybe not given time difference from the UK!). By the way, these shoes are called co-respondent shoes in England, allegedly because of their slightly louche air. They were worn by gigolo types playing the role of co-respondent in divorce cases in the thirties.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Long sleeves, high pants AND "boom" shoes. No so sure 'bout the pants but the shoes are nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

A good look needn't be so self-concious of itself. Some of the best looks are made by those who just know what looks good.

I always see wonderfully dressed older men at my part time grocery store job. They just put on what looks good and matches in their eyes, andthey end up with the greatest outfits, and you can tell that they didn't deliberate on what they would wear that particular day.

 

Blogger Berkley Magazine said ... (12:12 PM) : 

I'm afraid that outfit is a bit disastrous. The long sleeves don't cut it, especially in combination with those trousers which are oversized but at the same time not.

I wish I had more hands........so that I could give this outfit four thumbs down.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (3:37 PM) : 

Butch
he is obviously having a bit of fun with proportion

this look would be so much more boring if it was perfectly tailored

 

Blogger Misterparticular said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Maybe not a fashion goof but a smile would have helped immeasurably! There's a lot going on here and it is all good and classic just messed up in a way....maybe he forgot to attach the collar to his shirt and maybe he took his little brothers jacket by mistake and maybe he actually likes spectators. Or maybe his mirror broke (does he even have one?). Aw hell, live and let live.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Although there are a lot of things about the individual pieces that I don't like, I have to admit, I love the overall look.

Like you, I love the shoes too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

The statement of the sleeves is lovely, and the length on the trouser balances it nicely.... But I don't like the way the trousers hang at the top. All baggy and floppy through the crotch; not attractive.

The photo is beautifully balanced.

Thanks Sart!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (6:10 PM) : 

I tought it was normal to wear long sleeves under the jacket.....?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

Nice quirky look. I really like it. He would look a lot better, though, if he stopped slouching. That slouch, paired with his dour expression, makes him look like he's having a bad day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 AM) : 

Those are very nifty shoes that I do adore. Though I'm not a man.

 

Blogger OTC said ... (8:48 PM) : 

I think it's a pretty good look - classic but not at all serious. Looks like he belongs in the Hamptons at some polo match. Interesting bag too, anyone recognize the brand?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 PM) : 

Like it. Slightly "off" which is really why it works.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 PM) : 

This works because everything is slightly out of skew. Too neat is never good (see earlier shot of the blue shoes). I love this.

 

Blogger marion said ... (5:32 AM) : 

I want spectator shoes in women's size! But I don't find anything at least just looking like them. :(

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting