This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street........41st St., Manhattan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, September 16, 2007

On The Street........41st St., Manhattan

Comments on "On The Street........41st St., Manhattan"

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (11:10 AM) : 

She's cool

 

Blogger Rice and Beans Vintage said ... (11:21 AM) : 

Wow, I really don't care for this at all. The woman is beautiful, and the shot gorgeous, but the proportions and the booties..I don't know. It's not for me.

 

Blogger From Gullah to Ghetto and now Ivory Tower said ... (11:39 AM) : 

Great effect of using gray in an eye-catching way. I even enjoy the shorter dress w/the gray ankle boots, which I typically don't like. Good look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

i´m shure your are tyred of reading this, and your ego will grow more and more, for each time someone writes you complements for your work, but your snaps are just joy for my eyes.

 

Blogger B said ... (12:17 PM) : 

I can't decide if I like this dress or not.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (1:03 PM) : 

Boy, did she ever get that look RIGHT.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 PM) : 

Slouchy boots are soooooo cool - and she looks amazing with that dress, boots and bag!

 

Blogger blurredspot said ... (1:13 PM) : 

perfected!..the gathered high neckline just flatters the ensemble completely..except for the bag maybe that leaves room for improvement..but overall, the monochrome thing going on absolutely complements her dark skin..superb!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 PM) : 

minimalist or uninspired? either way it makes looks her look like a liinebacker...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 PM) : 

The way the collar of her dress mimics the neck of her shoes is fantastic.

 

Blogger materfamilias said ... (1:53 PM) : 

I could never wear this, but I love it -- so clean -- 3 simple elements (boot, dress, bag) that make such a strong statement.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 PM) : 

I don't think the gray flatters her skin color. And here's another bag dress. When I see these dresses I have a feeling that the women will look back in 10 years and say, "What were we thinking?" Such a beautiful young woman who could probably wear anything.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 PM) : 

Hmm. This is a touch dress to pull of if you're busty. For that, this doesn't work for me. Nice legs though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM) : 

Let me preface this remark by saying that I'm not one of the commenters who leaps out to say "IT SHOULD BE TIGHTER!" every time a female appears wearing anything that isn't spandex... I love flowy things that float away from the body. However, I've grown weary of sack dresses with sweater hems. I've been feeling it's goofier than it is edgy lately. I love the details around the neck, the pockets, and the boots, and I could definitely do without those sleeves, but what it really comes down to is the sack-looking midsection and that hem which, combined without pants, skirt, belt, or jacket to pull the outfit together and add more structure, are unattractive features.

 

Blogger Jak said ... (3:43 PM) : 

I detset ankle boots of that sort, but she looks wonderful in them i guess it is all to do with her lovely long legs,she looks lovely

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 PM) : 

Ok I love this dress. you've got to start asking people what they are wearing, because this is driving me crazy!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 PM) : 

i love this dress, but i feel like she's a bit too busty to be wearing it. shapeless dresses like that look better on smaller chested women in my opinion. and i think that if maybe the booties were wedges and suede, the whole outfit would look better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 PM) : 

Re: bootie comments,

I have to agree that boots of ankle height can look very bad very easily. But, throwing out a guess based on what I've observed via Sart, I suspect the key is a very emphasized ankle taper, achieved by wearing tights, socks, or leggings (or nothing in the calf area at all) instead of, e.g., jeans, because even skinny denim has a bit of bulk. It's not a look I'd personally aspire to so I skip the booties entirely but I think it's adorable on others!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:50 PM) : 

This woman is beautiful, and her warmth and attitude shine through -- but she does more for the dress than the dress does for her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

It is a very dramatic look, but I find it a bit top heavy. She looks very tall, and amazonian. Beautiful face.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Hmmm not sure about this one. The proportions seem all wrong. The dress is wearing her rather than the other way around.

 

Blogger WendyB said ... (7:42 PM) : 

Striking! I could never carry it off but she's working it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 PM) : 

The dress reminds me of what Tina Turner wore in Mad Max, Beyond Thunderdome.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:37 PM) : 

I really think she has the perfect body and proportions. I wish more designers would design for this body type.

 

Blogger Landis said ... (8:59 PM) : 

shapeless? yes.
gorgeous? definitely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 PM) : 

Anonymous at 1:15, I had the same observation about the linebacker thing- just not a flattering cut across the shoulders; also- boots! people are out officially wearing boots in NYC today! I saw them myself- does this mean summer's really over? Booo... Time really does go faster the older you get. Bruno's said they're going to stop serving iced cappucinos any day now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 AM) : 

I absolutely hate the grey on grey.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 AM) : 

just to let you know, this dress is from ZARA and they have it in a few colors right now...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 AM) : 

i agree, this dress works best for flatter chested people.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 AM) : 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost sure that it is a Zara dress

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (4:37 AM) : 

I'd file this under "wrong bra kills hot dress". When I put my finger over across the chest/underarm area and imagine it being smoother, with a bra that takes that shelf in and down a couple inches, her whole body looks much better.

But that's if she wants to optimize the line of the dress. If she stays with this bra which keeps her so ... uh - perky - there are undoubtedly plenty of men who could find it in their hearts to forgive the lapse in fashion perfection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:17 AM) : 

You've got to have great legs for a dress like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 AM) : 

The girl is pretty.She has nice legs and the shoes fit well.What I don´t like is the dress-horrible.

 

Blogger Cook said ... (10:17 AM) : 

eh. i think i agree with whoever said it makes her look like a linebacker - i think this look would be complete with a nice thick belt to add some shape to the dress. otherwise her head looks too small for her body. i like the booties though! and she does have GREAT legs!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 AM) : 

I personally wouldn't go for this look, but her confidence totally pulls this off.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (3:14 PM) : 

Hot, hot, hot! Great shot, Sart. This is a beautiful young lady who would probably look great in anything, but I'm not sure about this dress (or shirt). It looks like gift-wrapping. And I'm not sure about the little boots either. This woman has a pair of amazing legs that would look wonderful encased in some knee-high leather boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 PM) : 

It's like a Reuben sandwich for me. I don't like any of the ingredients, but when you put them together like this, it's delicious.

 

Blogger pig_93 said ... (3:53 AM) : 

I like the shoes but I think the dress is a little too generic for me. Also, the colour is just too boring. Bring some colour back!!

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (3:13 PM) : 

I think she's gorgeouos but that is NOT a flattering dress on her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 PM) : 

I'm sorry, but I wore something like this in 1983, and it didn't look good then either.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 PM) : 

My mother always said "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" so....
I'm not saying a word.

 

Blogger Chloe said ... (8:47 AM) : 

that dress is from Zara sure, I tried it on, but I did not like it on me, she looks great

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

it looks like a bag.. a very unattractive bag

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting