This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Steps.......About A Print, Manhattan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, September 17, 2007

On The Steps.......About A Print, Manhattan

Comments on "On The Steps.......About A Print, Manhattan"

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (5:49 PM) : 

love the dress
love the haircut
but i think,
there is one hair that is pointing out.
who is calling 911?!

 

Blogger jamesylala said ... (5:50 PM) : 

The dress is amazing...her hair is just dreadful. Such a lovely face HIDDEN, Anna what is the point??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 PM) : 

I don't care what anyone says about her. She ALWAYS looks fabulous. I LOVE that dress.

 

Blogger Rudy Katoch said ... (5:53 PM) : 

FIERCE ! ! !

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (5:59 PM) : 

Lose that coat!

I like her hair and her dress.

What a find, Scott!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

Love the hair and the dress, shes cut it that way for years. But then again maybe it time for a change.

 

Blogger Eddy_半瓶水響叮噹 said ... (6:36 PM) : 

I love your blog
so cool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

Great shot. She looks wonderful, as usual, and has quite a presence. This is really what it is all about.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM) : 

Wow. Totally chick. I'm afraid.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (7:13 PM) : 

Oscar?
Chic as usual!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

i think her hair is a bit dated, no matter how iconic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:37 PM) : 

I think Anna Wintour knows the business of fashion better than anyone else, but I have never seen her as a particularly fashionable woman.

-W

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 PM) : 

Congrats! You've found the rarest Pokemon card of them all!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 PM) : 

Her dress is Oscar de la Renta Resort 2008. She probably got the dress straight from the runway.

 

Blogger Susan said ... (7:52 PM) : 

i get that it's her signature hairstyle, but i'm sure there are more flattering cuts for her out there. otherwise she is always looking so well put together. great pictures sartorialist!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 PM) : 

Dare I say you even got a hint of [gasp]...
A SMILE!

Well done!

 

Blogger Paulo A. Pereira said ... (8:00 PM) : 

Anna beautiful as always. I wish I could see her shoes-that would be the cherry on the top. Great shot as always Scott.

-Paulo

 

Blogger Landis said ... (8:11 PM) : 

ok, even with all anyone will ever say about her. . .the girl knows her way around a print.

 

Blogger JO said ... (8:14 PM) : 

BEAUTIFUL DRESS... I love it! It would look fabulous with my new red shoes.

 

Blogger mwade said ... (8:16 PM) : 

for those of you calling anna "outdated"- she is fashion, if she's outdated everyone is outdated. there is a huge difference between outdated and iconic and timeless. anna fits the description of iconic and timeless to a tee...

 

Blogger marie said ... (8:34 PM) : 

Anna Wintour actually looks happy in this photo! :)

I love her style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

Dress is beautiful but something is missing.... perhaps Carine Roitfeld?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 PM) : 

I like the print but the overall look is too severe for my taste. And the beetle-ish print matched with the glasses just conjures up "bug" for me. Severe is her thing though so who am I to judge. I do have to say in earnest, however, that I concur with those who think she might consider updating the hair. I could take the cut if she let it go natural in colour--then it would be interesting. As it is it just looks like a big, bleached tent and it does nothing to flatter her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 PM) : 

Nice print.

I think she hides her face with her hair so as to insulate herself from the masses of people staring/taking her photo/plotting to rip off/besmirch her fur coat at the next opportunity. Poor woman, she's a walking symbol of the fashion industry. It can't be easy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 PM) : 

I am so jealous of the way that dress really accentuates her figure. Perfect! Such a gorgeous look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

she's so slim, and looks so chic!!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (9:25 PM) : 

If only she'd update that tired hair.

There, I said it.

I'm catty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 PM) : 

Anna WINTOUR!!! Say no more. What can I say. I have a thing for smart, fashionable and powerful women.

I'd love to melt her icy cap... see what I mean?

Great shot Scott...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 PM) : 

she is always so beautifully dressed. and i love her signature hair :)

 

Blogger The Nerdy Fashionista said ... (10:02 PM) : 

Anonymous said...
I think Anna Wintour knows the business of fashion better than anyone else, but I have never seen her as a particularly fashionable woman.

I agree completely!

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (10:04 PM) : 

I can't believe Anna Wintour have had that hairstyle since she was 14.. I like the dress though, both the prints and the fit..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 PM) : 

HAhaha....pokemon... :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

You're a sly devil, Mr. Sart.

-- desertwind

 

Blogger Cook said ... (10:54 PM) : 

F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!

 

Blogger Françoise said ... (11:45 PM) : 

Anna Wintour. I love her and hate her. She does not leave anyone indifferent, does she. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 AM) : 

A.Wintour´s hair style is personal.Why change it? But why is she always wearing sunglasses-inside and out? Is it a `modern´fan?

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (12:37 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (12:40 AM) : 

I find her boring. The dress is okay. I mean, it's beautiful but *yawn* tasteful as usual zzzzzzzz.

I agree with Susan. I can't believe there is not another haircut that would flatter her. Trademark, schmademark - I would go CRAZY if I didn't try a new cut every few years, especially working in an industry whose middle name is novelty. [I don't know what it's last name is. Visabill?]

 

Blogger Wally said ... (1:22 AM) : 

wow. You must weave some kind of magic with that camera. I can't imagine her majesty posing for anyone on the steps of Bryant Park. You're a god for getting her to pause. Is this a guerilla ambush shot or is she a friend?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 AM) : 

All that's missing is a pair of horns on her head.

 

Blogger pig_93 said ... (3:49 AM) : 

She knows how to carry a print.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 AM) : 

Wow, her royal highness Anna!
What a fabulous find!!

 

Blogger MrWong said ... (4:15 AM) : 

I would kill for a bad photo of her! Or have the photographers been already killed?

 

Blogger Cut of cloth said ... (5:01 AM) : 

Iconic as usual
And what a
Fabulously Tiny
Waist
Rock on ANNA

 

Blogger Ellen said ... (5:37 AM) : 

Wow, what a dress and figure. Love the dark print dress and the light coloured mack over her shoulders. Very cool and breezy. The colouring of her clothes matches her hair and glasses perfectly. Both of which allow me to recognize instantly the lovely lady in your shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:58 AM) : 

She is simply the best!!!

 

Blogger angvou said ... (6:21 AM) : 

The print on the dress looked like bats to me. I saw this and thought "Halloween." Not necessarily a bad thing, I'm just sayin'

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 AM) : 

always perfect

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (8:51 AM) : 

can someone please update her hair!?
it's a bit much for her fine features--it's as if she's hiding behind it.

otherwise, her dress works...

 

Blogger Othalia said ... (9:26 AM) : 

anna scares me

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

I agree with Jamesy. Isn't it time for a new do, Anna?

Dress is fab. The shows were all about Native prints - ikat etc. Anna, of course, is already there.

 

Blogger Style Noir said ... (9:32 AM) : 

My grandmother and mother would have worn variations of this outfit-- sans trench-- to grocery shop in 1960s Cebu City. (See profile photo.)

Love that print.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Perfect Wintour as usual! Your photo rocks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

I agree with several others here: the problem with the hair is that it overwhelms her. she looks like the stereotype of someone who's gone into hiding, wearing a big wig. The glasses of course add to that effect.

However, I like the dress on her: a small woman pulling off a rather large print.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 PM) : 

Fabulous dress; great figure; love the glasses, but, but I thinks it is time to do something different with the hair. It is starting to look a bit dowdy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

i've never seen the devil wears prada, but my momma always told me not to judge people before you've met them. Love Anna and love the dress. She always looks lovely. And i obviously love vogue!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

yeah buddy, that's what i'm talking about, mature hotness.

 

Blogger The American in Paris said ... (2:01 PM) : 

She is absolutely gorgeous. What a knockout, wow, I just love her look, her hair, that dress, everything. She is divine.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (3:11 PM) : 

The priced catch! She looks fabulous. I don't know how she does it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:19 PM) : 

Pistachio of Liberty: "working in an industry whose middle name is novelty. [I don't know what it's last name is. Visabill?]" ROTFL!

I second all those who call for new Anna hair. This do is tired, signature or no.

 

Blogger chalkboards said ... (3:24 PM) : 

I'm surprised she's not sporting a Federer.

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (4:33 PM) : 

That's the thing - generic soccermom hair and dark glasses say, "No, please, don't recognize me!" - while at the same time making dang sure she is instantly recognizable.

And Pokemon, heh.

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (7:30 PM) : 

nycinside...

you made me laugh!

 

Blogger riz said ... (8:19 PM) : 

the dress solo would have made a more powerful statement - or replace the coate with an amazing cardigan??

 

Blogger h said ... (9:59 PM) : 

Anna looks fabulous here. She does prints very well.
And the cut of her hair is always impeccable

Loving it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 PM) : 

Anna Wintour, we love you!
(We as Me, myself and i.)

 

Blogger Kimleestar said ... (3:00 AM) : 

drops dead!!! WHEW!!! amazing!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 AM) : 

I think to say she looks boring is very short-sighted. Anyone can wear over the top fashion clothes from Gareth Pugh. Anyone can wear Balenciaga straight off the runway even if it does not suit them. The trick is that Anna dresses for herself, for her style and never changes her look regardless of the fashions around her. She appropriates key pieces and makes them her own which makes her a truly stylish person. Also it must be noted that she is a 50 something year old woman who literally wears clothes straight off the catwalk (i.e. she fits a dress that was last worn by a 17 year old). She is everything you need in a fashion icon. True style is not about being dictated to it’s about listening and then doing what is right for you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

She's looking so much better since she's gained a little weight--she looks healthy now, more relaxed, and less like a scary fashion robot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

anna who?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:10 PM) : 

That is a great pic. How did you get her standing so still and so willing? I am impressed. I love the lighting on her coat. Beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 PM) : 

i dont care what people say about her. She always looks amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 PM) : 

I LOVE Anna Wintour!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM) : 

Is she HER?? really Her??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 AM) : 

And at this very moment, I realize: I WORSHIP THAT WOMAN.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting