This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Sartorialist covers WWD

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Sartorialist covers WWD

When I was growing up I always wanted to be a designer.

Of course, every designer's dream is to one day have the cover of WWD after their runway show.

Well, as it turns out, I was a photographer not a designer but today the ad campaign that I shot for Lucky magazine wraps the cover of WWD!

You know what? That works for me just as well.

please don't feel you have to leave a comment, I just wanted to share that funny little thing.

Comments on "The Sartorialist covers WWD"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

You deserve it !
Really happy for you, enjoy it !

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (10:06 AM) : 

this is a big deal! congratulations. beautiful picture too - i can see why they would use it!

 

Blogger SartoriallyAddicted said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Sart,

As Henny Youngman liked to joke, "...it only takes 20 years to become an overnight success!" Mazel tov!

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (11:13 AM) : 

Congratulations. I'm glad you got the cover (or a reasonable facsimile thereof)!

 

Blogger BOOM 456 said ... (11:29 AM) : 

I've been reading the blog ever since you were doing the window shopping shots, but I usually don't post comments due to my RSS browser; however, this is just too exciting so I felt a need to go on Safari and say congrats!!!

 

Blogger Firenze said ... (11:54 AM) : 

But you deserve a comment anyway!!!

Congratulations, I love your blog, it's such a great inspiration and a pleasure to see

 

Blogger Sonia Levesque said ... (12:33 PM) : 

I SO get you on this one! The WWD cover? Yé!!!

So happy for you, you completely deserve the accolades. Bravo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I wish I could get this magazine but I can only get the American women's magazines here in Singapore. But great job! I wish I could have seen your ad for Lucky.

 

Blogger Resplendato said ... (12:49 PM) : 

You are a fine photographer and you deserve your success!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Congrats, Sart! It's quite an accomplishment/milestone, and well-deserved at that. What a beautiful cover!!!

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Congratulations!!!

We all here are SO PROUD of you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

I am a recent obsessive viewer of your blog, and this is my first comment. I just wanted to say how wonderful your photographs are, and refreshingly positive and inclusive your approach. It is a little sad, however, to see the first ad on your blog today, and a flashing one, no less. I guess things have to change and 'progress', but a little something is lost with the advertisement.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 PM) : 

Woot! Woot!

mltt

 

Blogger A knowledge seeker living in said ... (4:15 PM) : 

Kudos to you Sartorialist! You do deserve it. And it's only going to get better for you.

 

Blogger Gretta said ... (4:27 PM) : 

I never feel like I *have* to comment. I am the boss of me! And congratulations to you! That is really fantastic, and I love when people achieve their dreams. Or change their dreams, and then achieve those...or something a little less confusing.
Bottom line - congratulations.

 

Blogger hc said ... (6:22 PM) : 

Big thing for you and your fans too! CONGRATULATIONS!!
cordelia

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 PM) : 

Who is this amazingly beautiful woman?

 

Blogger Alan Nei said ... (6:51 PM) : 

congratulations man!!!beautiful cover!!i loved the photo,the look,textiles,everything...WWD?!Big thing!!Enjoy it!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 PM) : 

Aww Sart, how can we fans not comment on something that is a personal milestone for you? And once again thank you for sharing something that is so meaningful to you. Its what sets you apart from the rest. Congratulations!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 PM) : 

FABULOUS!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 AM) : 

Congratulations! I'm really happy that your dream came true :) Hope you make many more covers.. Wish you all the best!

 

Blogger MacGuffin said ... (12:39 AM) : 

Congrats and cheers! Your photos and subject choices are always FAR more interesting than most magazine covers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 AM) : 

Bravo! Gorgeous cover!

 

Blogger polina said ... (3:33 AM) : 

I really like the manner you communicate with your readers! And all the pics are brilliant as always!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 AM) : 

Nice one Sart, makes me want to go out and buy the mag!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (7:01 AM) : 

Congratulations. And what a beautiful smile she has!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

no comment, are you kidding, that is exciting!
Congrats!
you deserve it.
you are an inspiration- to be who you want to be no matter where you live or how much $$ you make (or don't make).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Great picture!
gorgeous girl!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

fantastic! and a beautiful shot! well-deserved!
becky

 

Blogger Disneyrollergirl.net said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Yay, go Sart! Hey, will you be in town for LFW (London Fashion Week)?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Bravo Scott,

Dreams do come true !!!
Keep on dreaming ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 PM) : 

wait, i thought it was an editorial for lucky? it's just an ad? will we be able to see all of the images in lucky? or can we go somewhere else to see then all?

in case you haven't noticed, im kind of obsessed with these photos. love em!

 

Blogger T38 said ... (4:18 PM) : 

oh that´s your dream: being a designer!! Why don´t try it???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 PM) : 

WWD arrived on my desk yesterday morning....
what a surprise to find it wrapped in your work.
nicely done!

...my designs are on the cover of time out kids!
New york city....where dreams come can happen to you.....ZT

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 AM) : 

Sart,

Next stop? Cover of Vogue France?

They need you!

Fashion mag covers are often so boring. You're gonna shake 'em right up.

-- desertwind

 

Blogger AL said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Happy Day happy news, glad to share it! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 AM) : 

I have just recently found this site, by chance really, and now I check it just about every day. You have such an eye! I am really impressed and you deserve your succes - congratulations.

 

Blogger Paige said ... (12:37 AM) : 

Ohhh I know you must feel so excited! I'm probably late on this comment seeing as you have already posted other blogs, but nevertheless, keep up the shooting. I love it. It's been a great inspiration. Ahh cliché I know, but I think some of us just have a nack for design and what not. Lately I've been realizing I should pursue a career in design too! I know it's probably many other girls dreams to become great designers, but I just want to create. I love it and no matter how my odds may seem futile, design is what I love.

Anyway, thanks again for the inspiration. Keep shooting those wonderful photos.

 

Blogger deryik said ... (4:17 AM) : 

well who said photographers dont design? for me its the same eye at the end of the day, and you really have it!!

good job sart! picking up a good combo among all those "designed& walking" clothes could be even harder than designing from scratch ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 AM) : 

I am a sucker for stories of a dream realized.... thanks for telling it.
and congratulations on getting it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

dorothy you came to the other side of the rainbow, congratulations

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting