This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Ralph Lauren

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, September 09, 2007

At Ralph Lauren

Comments on "At Ralph Lauren"

 

Blogger SophieA said ... (9:19 AM) : 

I'm terribly jealous that you were invited to his 40th anniversary bash. He's my favorite designer. Did you see that article in the times yesterday about Thom Browne being the anti-ralph lauren? To put those two in context together is blasphemy. I did take a few photos of some male models in their underwear on 5th avenue in front of armani exchange yesterday. Only during fashion week! http://flickr.com/photos/7246618@N02/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

Is that a robe or a kimono?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

Truman? Truman? That you?

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (1:49 PM) : 

He's awesome! I always thought Quentin Crisp would be reincarnated as a woman, but no.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (5:00 PM) : 

This is such a great outfit. Truly original. In the west anyway.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 PM) : 

what is this!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:09 PM) : 

ooh. nice mix of modern western and old eastern.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:38 AM) : 

Nah.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 AM) : 

What a choice!

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:41 AM) : 

Well, can't say there's no precedent for it....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

I love the interpretation - the print is beautiful and coupled with the hat, it is something straight from the runways of Marni or Prada. The straw hat is the pinache for me - it adds a certain impressionist levity to it, as if she were working in the famous paintings of hay stacks. Her shoes are a bit too literal, however.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (11:02 AM) : 

Definitely a 21st century Capote!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 PM) : 

I don't think it's a kimono; I believe it's a yukata.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 PM) : 

it's the look on his face - almost disdainful! that look could carry off anything.

 

Blogger Deirdre said ... (12:02 PM) : 

I keep coming back to this photo because there's something about it I can't quite put my finger on.

It's like he's from 1945 but with an anacronism so my mind is getting confused. I think it might be the wristwatch.

Anyone else feeling this way?

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (1:39 PM) : 

I would sit very politely and cross my legs if I wore something like that. :-)

I bet RL isn't the only word on everyone's mind that day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

It is a yukata. Traditional Japanese summer wear.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:34 PM) : 

It's definitely a LOOK...one I shall pleasantly pass on...Next!

 

Blogger jmdaggett said ... (7:00 PM) : 

Not only has he nailed the disheviled yukata or summer kimono look, I love the offhanded "who gives a damn" mae-musubi or front tie. Better quick than dead.

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (5:45 AM) : 

I am all for the more anatomically appropriate unbifurcated garment on men. Good for him.

In fact pleeeease manage to catch some hot Manhattanite [or Swede!] wearing a Utilikilt! Okay maybe you will have to come to Seattle for that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 AM) : 

Great way to wear an obi !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 AM) : 

I was just about to ask: WHAT IS THIS? when I noticed that someone else has asked already. Some people take this 'Asian' style to the edge of ridiculousness. NO ONE in Asia walks the street like that, unless of course they are coming from a bath-house.

 

Blogger Q:_pete!_where_are_you?! said ... (2:08 PM) : 

i know this guy, takai!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting