This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At DKNY

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

At DKNY

Comments on "At DKNY"

 

Blogger Deirdre said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Beautiful face, I love the hair. She's rocking the garbage collector uniform. So simple and graceful. Goes to show you that people at any job can look fantastic while they are at work.

Unless she's part of the DKNY show. In that case, ?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:22 AM) : 

I'm not sure about this. Do you find the appeal in the zen-like simplicity? It does look like this would be an easy outfit to pull together if you were having a hectic morning.

 

Blogger Landis said ... (10:23 AM) : 

um.

anyone?

i feel like handing her my tray.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

cool! perefect shoes to round off the one piece outfit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Wow. Comfy, roomy, lots of pockets. What a great outfit, and she looks so good in it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Not many have the attitude to pull this off. She looks great, and I envy her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

She looks familiar and is she wearing vintage Commes or Yohji? It's so refreshing to see a completely different silhouette after the the baby dolls and tailored ensembles. I love that you focus on originality and not on what's currently deemed "fashionable" or "on trend".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

How hilarious. This is the most personally inspiring picture I've seen in months, and no one else has anything to say. So I'll say it --- this is a great example of a simple garment designed to feature the entire human being. It's not about her figure, her weight, her hair, her makeup, the colors, the flash. It's simply about the human being that she is- she looks strong and courageous simply for her ability to go without all the bells and whistles. THIS is what I aspire to. She'd fit in everywhere, and never fade into the background. Very Zen.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

The woman looks ok and black suits her,but WHAT IS SHE WEARING? And the shoes too. It is a long time I have seen something as odd as this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

it's driving me crazy. That's.... - so annoying I can't remember her name. she's a designer!!! Please someone help me out here...
~

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

How exactly sure are you that this person is a "she"?

I realy can't tell... and somehow, I like that !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 PM) : 

She is so Hot. I saw her that day at the new Urban Zen store. I think she may work there. Love the look. So Donna, jumpsuits forever is her iconic motto.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

THIS overall looks like something that even I could and should be wearing to hide my lumps and bumps, only it wouldn't look so elegant on me, it would look stuffed, like a sofa..lol.

The only thing missing is a pair of flat mary janes.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (4:26 PM) : 

It's simple, beautiful and serene. I don't think 'shapeless' is an approach any old person can do well, but she is perfect.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (5:37 PM) : 

She reminds me of a 20-year old art students in college who is trying to break the mold of what society is expecting of women.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 PM) : 

Some of you would evidently rhapsodize over a shapeless, burlap sack.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 PM) : 

she's got guts!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 PM) : 

the sleek hair pulls it together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 PM) : 

OH MY GOODNESS. I'm shocked that so many people like this! (This is too dangerous to be a garbage collector's uniform. It's too loose-- it would get caught on something and drag her into the compactor.) I really, really don't like this...any of it. Well, she has nice hair. But any outfit that deletes the bust entirely and involves massive, sagging pockets is not a good thing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 AM) : 

Where is the canvas??? actually I love her look, she looks like an artist that is ready to paint...but I love it! her outfit is I think a piece of art.

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (12:43 AM) : 

She looks cool, and I'm not even talking about her outfit.. ;)

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (12:54 AM) : 

I was going to say the usual thing about needing a good bra - but since one side's flat I think that a banana in her pocket.

I find the blouse section unflattering and total overkill with the volume of the pants, and would take some scissors to the sleeves. Maybe make a halter-jumpsuit -or like... aproned pants? Overalls I guess but not. And loosen the ankle-pucker. Heh - I better stop before it turns into a bikini!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:44 AM) : 

It looks very practical, with all the pockets and stuff, but apart from that it's not doing her any justice. Not the most feminine outfit I've seen.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 AM) : 

Aha! New silhouette.
Interesting and refreshing.
Wonder what it will look like when it reaches mainstream ?
Because it will.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:02 AM) : 

Amnesia: It's the designer Sonja Nuttall. She's a buddhist too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 AM) : 

I don't find this the least bit fashionable, stylish, chic, etc. Its ill-fitting, drab, and just way too WPA worker. I thought the Sartorialist had better judgement than this.

 

Blogger jamesylala said ... (8:29 AM) : 

I love reverance for the post-apocolyptic views of the early 80's and the minimalism of the early 90's. She holds her own in this outfit. I love anyone who takes risks or follows thier fashion vision. THat is why Banana Republic is SO good for everyone else!!!
Jamesy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

I can think of only one thing - the movie 1984.

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Sonja Nuttall, huh? Now I'm curious and I would like to see her designs but it ain't easy. Well it's too bad her website is not up to take advantage of this lil' bit of free publicity. I see she has been around for a while though.

 

Blogger DJ FunkyGrrL said ... (2:00 PM) : 

Reminds me of a Ninjutsu outfit, but with excess baggage.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:22 AM) : 

Kinda cute actually.
A bit androgynous, a bit careless - I really like this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 AM) : 

I haven't been to the city for a while, didn't know the Bag Lady look was in.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

I know who she is: she works for Donna Karan.
She has a very distinct and strong style.
And she is a really beautiful woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 AM) : 

I've figured it out. On most people this outfit wouldn't work but She makes the outfit.

 

Anonymous Kris said ... (3:45 PM) : 

Her name is Sonja Nuttall and she's a very inspirational designer. I'm very drawn to her perspective on life and her minimalist designs. She is currently the Creative Director at Urban Zen and designs these really cool watches made of upcycled materials for 12 3 6 9.

Check her out, she's really awesome: www.sonjanuttall.com

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting