This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street......Tied Tee, Sodermalm, Stockholm

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, August 20, 2007

On The Street......Tied Tee, Sodermalm, Stockholm

Comments on "On The Street......Tied Tee, Sodermalm, Stockholm"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 PM) : 

i love you simon <3 /isak

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:18 PM) : 

He's dressed like 95% of Americans...what's notable here?

 

Blogger Pumpkin Man said ... (5:36 PM) : 

Gee, my sister did that to her tee shirts in the late 70's. On him everything looks good!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

This is very androgynous. I love it! I couldn't figure out if it was a guy or girl at first, but I think the hands give it away. I'm not in love with the outfit, but i think this is a very interesting capture. Great find!

 

Blogger Particulars said ... (6:32 PM) : 

Is that person a man or a woman?

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (6:38 PM) : 

Garth
95% of Americans?
Are you sure?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM) : 

Yikes, I'm getting bad 80s flashbacks here. Not feeling this one at all. Cute guy, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 PM) : 

jesus christ, his face is beautiful. talk about androgynous!

however, my eyes are unwittingly drawn to the boy behind him in the stripes, who looks fantastic even from behind.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 PM) : 

He's a cuty pie, all right. I love that he's smoking.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:10 PM) : 

MmmmmBop. Just saying.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (8:22 PM) : 

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 PM) : 

ok sart,
help me out here.
the inspiration is...
here again, it SEEMS that the focus is on his natural physical looks...but you corrected me the last time i observed that; therefore, i am trying to keep an open mind.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:32 PM) : 

i see a lot more kids like this in the US wearing tiny shrunken tees so his big oversized tee looked fresh to me

 

Blogger Haircuts... said ... (10:41 PM) : 

His (oversize) long straight hair with a low placed parting is asymmetric because of the fringe is behind the ear. It suits this tall and slim guy great. Not least because of the oversize teeshirt with a knot on one side even that gives him a asymmetric touch. A complete unit, simple and androgyne.

 

Blogger E. Frank said ... (10:57 PM) : 

I really like this look. So casual yet entirely calculated, even down to the knot on his shirt. The hair is only a plus. Well done. It takes a sharp eye to recognize the merit of this outfit, I think. I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't taken this picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 PM) : 

I used to wear my shirts like that in 6th grade... Maybe Garth means 95% of midwestern tweens in the early 90s

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 AM) : 

Interesting mix of pretty-boy and bad ass boy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 AM) : 

I was rockin the side tie in the first grade. Will you post my picture??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 AM) : 

I like the man in the background with the white and blue shirt. he seems to look really great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:39 AM) : 

Well, I'm American and I've never been in any place in recent memory where 10% of the people dressed like this...let alone 95%.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 AM) : 

Wow, the androgyny - that makes the image.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

First time I've ever been attracted to a guy. Am I gay?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

my boyfriend! love him and his clothes, but this is actully his working outfit at american apperal

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 PM) : 

About the shirt: I don't know...maybe it's just because I live in Los Angeles, but the big baggy tee is huge among kids and teenagers here. It seems so ubiquitous that it's becoming trite.

 

Blogger nolifebeforecoffee said ... (8:38 AM) : 

...hopefully you (all) guy's in America are not looking like he - why should worth to visit you then? ;-)

so. let's keep him as an stylish-everyday-people-exeption or something like that... [...]

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (9:04 AM) : 

is this a boy or a girl? I cant tell!
reminds me of the Hansons
young euro pop style...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Yes, the hands are masculine. But the face is strong due to an intense sweet look. Very beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

You know, I was just about to do this with an oversized tee today. Unfortunately I live in Texas and it seemed too gay.

What a coincidence. Maybe a few more months and I'll do it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 AM) : 

wow! i too at first wondered if this was a girl, but look at his shoulders they look fairly broad, at least in that t-shirt anyway...mmm nice long hair AND manly braod shoulder....mmmmmmmm

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 PM) : 

i really dont think he looks that amazing!!! anyone can tie up a funky t-shirt...
he has a grate face...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:44 PM) : 

Gee, my clean-the-house-and-the-garden-too-outfit..

 

Blogger fredrikskogkvist said ... (2:07 PM) : 

it's always easier to complain and tell bad things than gather up good words that actually meansomething...

"i took the picture!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

garth- but americans are so purrdy.. .p I mean that, and i´m a sweeed.

i love garth in waynes world.

ohh, i long for boysfashion like the ones NKOTB had in the video when they are jumping around in a backyard i nyc or something...so innocent and pure.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

but the nineties are so in, don´t you know. unfortunately because I don´t like to ´in´whole decades, I want to keep them real.. .c

 

Blogger boho*céline said ... (9:50 AM) : 

AH!! this is the street i go shopping when i'm in the city... it's he northern end of götgatan in södermalm... best place for fashion in the whole world

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 AM) : 

regardless of whether it's already been said 10 times or not -- this boy is gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 PM) : 

I think the commenting on this is interesting.. for me as a Swede this is somewhat exciting fashion. american apparell came here only a few years ago and the americans are of course more exotic here than for you americans that have "complained" that this is too much highschool of the 90s. here in sweden nineties are in and americans are exotic, especially 90s americans, grungey stuff i guess. because here all men have skinny jeans and are more into mod and rudeboy-looks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

I don't think he's androgynous at all. Those who think that are simply not from Scandinavia.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting