This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.......Morning on 14th St, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, August 10, 2007

On The Street.......Morning on 14th St, New York

Comments on "On The Street.......Morning on 14th St, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 AM) : 

a strong look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Love the pants, but she's got hem/length issues. Imagine what those pants legs will have been dragged through by the end of the day.

 

Blogger Victor Castro said ... (8:48 AM) : 

Great great look!! It simply works. The pants are stylish and more than anything she has a particular sense of style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

But why? Way too suggestive.

mltt

 

Blogger donut said ... (10:28 AM) : 

....what would Lil' Kim wear to a Tibetan monastery?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

I don't get it. She looks like a pile of goth laundry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

I know this sounds immature, but my eye keeps returning to that peekaboo boob!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

i'm just not getting this nyc style...like i said about the guy with dreads and the vest, it's looking like sf style, which is not a compliment.

i see nothing sartorial about this woman.

 

Blogger Delfi. said ... (1:32 PM) : 

looove your blogg..

I added u into my favourites..

byee..

 

Blogger Kid said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Love the pants, dragged or not. Still, the best part, somehow, is the nail polish.

 

Blogger sophistagoth said ... (2:26 PM) : 

I have to disagree with the positive response to this lazy attempt at style has garnered. It looks rather illconceived. Perhaps a excercise in comfort over style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

I am in love with this outfit, as with all the other more off-kilter, dark-colored, oddly-shaped stuff you've been posting lately. (Or maybe it just seems off-kilter to someone from the provinces). I love how she's got the cardigan-thing wrapped, I love the loose pants with their interesting detail, I love the faint hard-to-name color of the tee/tank, I love her hair. I never actually print out pictures for inspiration, since all my clothes are "skirt thing" and "dress thing" and "shirt thing" like that girl in Pattern Recognition, but I'm going to print this one out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

I like her look very much and think it works just the way it is. What it is.

Maybe a more crisp hem at the bottom of the trousers would define the top better. But, that may be just nit-picky and would make the pants too serious.

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

This does nothing for me.

 

Blogger christinaooi said ... (6:10 PM) : 

the pants + the shoes = Irina Lazareanu inspired?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 PM) : 

vivienne westwood pants?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 PM) : 

she is sweet. so natural, honest but sharp and direct. and I love her boob being bold!

 

Blogger sofie king said ... (7:30 PM) : 

This is the first shot in a long time that really takes my breath away -- what a beautiful look! She is ethereal and so sexy in all that perfectly twisted volume.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 PM) : 

Yes!
Those pants are super. I love sculptural clothing, and love it when women dress outside the norm.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 PM) : 

Too suggestive? Of what? She's all covered up.

 

Blogger Stern said ... (9:48 PM) : 

how is she wearing her sweater?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 PM) : 

Is that a regular cardy she's got wrapped all skewiff? I like it.

There is something so appealing about those trousers, I would totally slouch down to my fav cafe in them too, or to early morning class. Hell yes. Love the colour of the tee too, the whole palate in fact. Reminds me of my early university days when my hair has exactly like that for a couple of years. She looks lovely but I on the other hand was skewing for Maria de Medeiros as Anais Nin in Henry & June but looked more like a plumpish alter boy.

I like billowy, craziness contrasted with the dainty red nails. So cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 AM) : 

A pretty girl.Whatever she has wrapped around her shoulders looks nice with her hair.But the pants are really too long and I agree with suz´s last sentence about them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 PM) : 

Wow, one cold day (which probably caused the nip-show-through) and that's a cause to get unglued. Her outfit suggests she's female and apparently that's uncomfortable. However, if she had a deep V-neck, it might be considered sophisticated. Interesting.

I love how the outfit is totally covered and slouchy yet sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Conceptually, this is good. The pants continue the skewed linearity of the cardigan. But they would look so much better if the crotch were where it is supposed to be! Still baggy, just a fitted baggy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 AM) : 

Love this look, even though the pants are too long. Wish that second drink was for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Sorry. No comprendo! Too much fabric all over the place, and that one boob hanging out looks very odd.

 

Blogger Greentea said ... (2:56 PM) : 

i think its the picture taken that makes her look good, the angles and lighting make it look like a very casual cool look
if i saw the outfit in person i probably would've had a negative reaction

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (10:49 PM) : 

"Okay, who has the single latte?".

She does! And a fabulous one at that, so I wouldn't blame her for trying to highlight it. But - not sure it's meant to be so obvious. To me it seems like one of those surplice-neckline accidents, when it comes dislodged every 400 steps. Not like she has a hand free to fix it.

I mean, I believe it's an asymetrical design [or she's wearing it that way] but not necessarily meant to be worn at that exact provocative angle. JMHO.

Is that not a skirt? I can't actually see the bottom. To me it looks like a hobble skirt falling into a funny dent. Cute though!

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (11:19 PM) : 

Yohji OR yoga? Regardless, it's so contemporary and urban.

 

Blogger Meeting Trader said ... (10:05 AM) : 

I think she looks terrific - it is a great contrast to the sundresses and grecian sandals that everyone seems to be wearing this season, which frankly, leave a lot to be desired. Again this proves that style comes in all shapes and sizes, and not everyone agrees! Wish I had that top.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 AM) : 

Could have done it for me if she would have worn something tight with the outfit, but entirely slouchy is almost never a good look. I really dislike how the pants look like they're mopping the floor, and honestly, you have to be an Olsen twin to pull an outfit like this.

 

Blogger fikira said ... (2:42 AM) : 

Eyecatcher

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:08 PM) : 

love it! sometimes I think of go to NY and live there, but gets afraid that I will lose myself if I do. but she has that expression that you don´t have to lose yourself if you live in NY. I love that even though she stands in the middle of a NY city street in a gothish kaftan and 2 take away-coffees, she has that sincere and still very practical look. a sense of " now" and a sense of truthness.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting