This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.......Hi-Waisted Skirt, 14th St.

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

On the Street.......Hi-Waisted Skirt, 14th St.

Comments on "On the Street.......Hi-Waisted Skirt, 14th St."

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (6:26 PM) : 

I LOVE a high-waisted skirt, and she's pretty, but would love to see her a little less matching, with the red shoes, red stripes, red bag...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

she reminds me of a modern day rosie the riveter.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (7:31 PM) : 

I would like to give compliments about the photo. I really like the blurry background and the clear foreground.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 PM) : 

You have no idea how much good it has done me to discover this site...she does pretty much everything "wrong", and yet, she has mastered the art of personal style, which speaks volumes, and she is !gorgeous.
Not skinny, not perfectly proportioned; zoftig, leggy, busty, and absolutely iconic. Thank you, thank you so much for putting the "whoa" back in "women", and the life back in style.
You alone have validated me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 PM) : 

Sexy sailor girl! she's fab. I wish I could wear high waisted skirts (not good if you're short waisted).

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:30 PM) : 

This reminds me of a picture of Marilyn Monroe in blue jeans and a gingham shirt (I think).

The red against dark denim is striking and unexpectedly retro- I'm going to try it. Thanks for the inspiration!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 PM) : 

OK. A little less matching perhaps, but it's kind of playful also. I love her attitude. She's a veritable quellebelle.

 

Blogger Misterparticular said ... (9:35 PM) : 

Softy is so right! But I'll give her a point for trying something new.

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (9:38 PM) : 

This for me is an All-American-girl fashion.. Sweet..

 

Blogger FeiraChic said ... (10:14 PM) : 

I immediately thought of Marilyn Monroe ! Agree with Michelle.
And I actually like the whole red matching thing.
Great picture.

 

Blogger RoLuc said ... (10:14 PM) : 

Va Va Voom!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 PM) : 

busty, leggy and iconic IS perfectly proportioned. she's gorgeous, the all-american chic i could do without in more ways than one.

sartorialist, you're the best. i visit your site every day and i'm learning a lot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 PM) : 

What a playful summer look.

Very cinema.

Is the sun over the yard-arm?

-- desertwind

 

Blogger amy darlene said ... (10:59 PM) : 

i love everything about this picture.

 

Blogger iwannaeatporkchoptonight said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Not many people can pull off a high-waisted anything unless you're tall and slim. But she did it very well. Either that or you took the shot in a very good angle :P I love her shoes. I think it's a really cute look without being too cutesy. Gosh, I wish I could pull off the high-waist thingie!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 AM) : 

it's so interesting how i immediately looked at her and thought "american"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 AM) : 

Sartorialist i really apreciate your job, i'm form brasil, and i want to know, you are only a photografy or you have anotehr job?
sorry about it. = D
i love what you do..
i'm trying to do this with my pictures to, this is so funny you know.!
(i have a blog too, with u want to go to see it will be a pleasue, but is only pictures of friends and things that we do.. = p)
thxs
xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 AM) : 

I like her stance.. as my mum would say - "best points forward"! I looove the stripey top; not mad about the buttons at the top of the skirt, but I like the overall effect - v stylish.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:35 AM) : 

What a spunk, I like this shot heaps! This girl is a friend, she's a graphic designer hailing from beautiful Melbourne.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:38 AM) : 

I THINK SHE IS STUNNING.


http://www.nyfashionhats.com

 

Blogger Sara said ... (2:04 AM) : 

OK, this trend REALLY needs to die.

Zaftig really is the word for the model.

Still, the trend needs to die...

 

Blogger Emma said ... (3:07 AM) : 

Love those legs! Perfect outfit.

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (3:31 AM) : 

very marilyn monroe/scarlett johansson!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 AM) : 

She is simply the perfect definition of the word "gorgeous"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 AM) : 

very cute, very sexy. Her smile is so enticing..

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:14 AM) : 

she looks like a fab rockabilly queen...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 AM) : 

I'm not sure that I would call her
"zaftig".... rather normal?

Beautiful photo, but I hate that skirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 AM) : 

women with curves :)

 

Blogger escritora said ... (8:42 AM) : 

she looks awesome

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 AM) : 

She is daylight! Great short Sart!

 

Blogger THICK AS THIEVES said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Great shot! I like her homage to vintage 50s style without being retro. My fiancee has a similar look to her and also wears high waisted vintage 50s sidezip jeans which really are flattering if you have some height. I think you'd really see some great looks if you came out to a big rockabilly weekender

 

Blogger Alyssa Coberly said ... (11:30 AM) : 

I love this outfit ... and I always say "anything works if you love it!" just look at that confidence she just looks like a woman who knows what she wants!

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (12:21 PM) : 

homage to vintage 50s style without being retro

Ah thank you. I was searching for how to describe what I like about this and you've done it for me! It's become so de rigeur to mis-match accessories that this jumps out, but it works due to the homage factor.

 

Blogger Topham Beauclerk said ... (1:21 PM) : 

She really is darling (although I had to view the large photo to see it). But its not her clothes -- especially not the high-waisted skirt -- that does it for her. Nonetheless, she'd be darling no matter what she wore.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

It's a high-waisted skirt, but it's got stitching that follows a low-waisted profile, almost giving her a low-waisted skirt with a little bustier above it. To me, that's what makes it almost work.
The flaw in this outfit for me is that I like a long torso and I find that this woman doesn't have much torso to begin with and she can't afford to wear a skirt like this that steals from it.

 

Blogger JO said ... (3:18 PM) : 

Love it! But it really makes me miss Anna Nicole - makes me sad we will never see new stunning shots of her. R.I.P. Anna!

I can't wait to see what a beauty her daughter grows up to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

I live in a town where indulging in fashion is comletey dead, so it makes me happy to see a woman dressed very well and confident. She looks great and i hope to see more photos of woman wearing all american style(We need more of it!).

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:58 PM) : 

Oh my! She is absolutely gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:10 PM) : 

her outfit is simply way too matchy-matchy. all accessories in red? looks like a mall outfit. sorry!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

I think it's her attitude that helps carry this off; Mom was right about good posture. She's iconic, almost a hood ornament even but it really works!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 PM) : 

she personifies 'all-american' to me :)
this is a portrait as well as a fashion photo

 

Blogger Nora said ... (11:12 AM) : 

The light in this photo is fantastic! With her shining hair and red accents all lit up in front of that gray, gritty urban background...I can almost hear "Tonight" from West Side Story playing.

And I love that everyone thinks she's so American and it turns out she's Australian. They seem to grow them tall there - do they have universal health care or something?

 

Blogger thatgirl said ... (1:10 PM) : 

Love it! I have a very similar figure and I'm usually very scared of high waisted skirts, but she looks gorgeous!

 

Blogger mfm said ... (5:06 PM) : 

I agree with Jim-- she is beautiful, but I don't like the outfit especially. And I would also chime in to agree that she is not "zaftig". As usual, I love the photo. Her expression is great, as well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 PM) : 

Beautiful! And good posture, to boot!

 

Blogger Tiffany said ... (3:58 AM) : 

I saw that skirt a while back at Urban Outfitters (I'm pretty sure) and she pulls it off great.9

 

Blogger Genuine Lustre said ... (9:48 AM) : 

I'm happy to see a girl who doesn't affect a slouch and tiresome pigeon toes.

 

Blogger thelittlestbird said ... (1:38 AM) : 

i think that more than she looks great...that your photography skills have risen...the lighting is rockin and...your fashion interests have become more personal...dot dot dot

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 PM) : 

I'm happy to see you post a person that is a little more in line with the average American build. She is a great example of someone that does not have the typical build of most of your postings. Style does not always require 3% body fat. A healthy build is just as sexy as all of the waifs that are usually posted on your blog...with the exception your occasional posting of the portly, elderly man. Style is about how one carries ones self. Would like to see more postings like this one. She looks great!

 

Blogger el guapachoso said ... (4:45 PM) : 

Que belleza!
My goodness, what a beauty she is, and her outfit perfectly suits her classic american bombshell figure. wish i'd seen her in real life.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

Nice curvy body.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting