This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.......Grey Dress, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, July 20, 2007

On the Street.......Grey Dress, Paris

Comments on "On the Street.......Grey Dress, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Tarty but fun

 

Blogger MayKay said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Great shoes, great legs, pretty face too - but where's the skirt?The look would benefit from a longer hem.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Whoa! This looks way too much like a nightshirt that needs to be laundered. But because she's awfully cute and has a beautiful body, she's forgiven. The shoes and bag are awesome.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 AM) : 

I love the entire photo, the woman, her smile, her outfit (especially the shoes) and the background. It's fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

va va voooooooooooooooooooom!

 

Blogger winst said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I can't quite figure out if the belt is of her own doing or if that's the design, but either way I enjoy its désordre and a-symmetry.

Also, the tiny hint of reddish color on her wrist goes so well with the shoes... a well thought out outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Grey dress? What grey dress?

 

Blogger stacy said ... (11:15 AM) : 

There is something very natural and sexy about this girl, I just find all the elements a little unpolished. I love the 'beach type' hair, but perhaps having her hair and makeup 'done' would provide the contradiction I'm looking for.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

What painfully beautiful shoes...

And that smile, those legs... this photo is all about a beauty that is effortless. Nobody could fake perfection such as this one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 AM) : 

cute girl, but.... hope the wind doesn't pick up! But, Parisian girls are probably classy enough to wear underwear. Ha.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:46 AM) : 

An eclectic look.

Question:

Belt or no belt?

What is appropriate for this shirtdress look?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

Other than the cigarette, she's perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 PM) : 

My goodness, you've caught a hotty here. Perfect in every way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

"grey dress" looks more like "belted shirt" to me, but she pulls it off excellently. love the color of the bag, but unfortunately, not with this outfit.

keep up the good work sart! i so look forward to my daily visit to your site.

 

Blogger elliottbovary said ... (12:28 PM) : 

I love the colorful bag with this dress. I would kinda like to see it worn with flats though.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:33 PM) : 

I have her shoes, they're Chloe! She looks so happy and fresh, the color of the dress is very flattering.

 

Blogger Whitney said ... (12:49 PM) : 

Cute shoes!!

Did anyone notice the cigarette next to her right foot? It had not yet hit the ground. Pretty cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Nice shoes! Her cute cherub face needs a more flattering bang arrangement.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

I love her shoes, her legs look so long and it dresses up her casual dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Ouch! I feel a sudden urge to visit Paris.

 

Blogger Holly said ... (1:35 PM) : 

when i was young, blue + grey + brown = uniform colours...... and people would laugh at others if they were wearing grey colour thingy.
but i do think grey is a colour for all seasons~

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (2:35 PM) : 

the secret is that is is Giovanna's sister

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:43 PM) : 

Overall I think she looks nice. However, I am still somewhat ambivalent about these types of shirt dresses. I always feel like something is missing when I see ones like this. I think it's because the softness and lack of structure makes the length seem a lot shorter than it probably is and because it's essentially a shirt, I just feel like they forgot their pants. I love the idea in theory, but I haven't really seen anyone wear one in a way that I think truly works. I do like her energy though! The way she's wearing everything makes her look fun and spunky. And her expression says she's up for a day of laughter and good times. Hope she enjoyed whatever she did! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

The bag and the shoes are great - such a relief to get rid of the matchy-matchy bag/shoe thing. But the dress (shirt?) could be paired with leggings for a more polished look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

i wish her shoes were 1/2 size larger....her heels and toes are almost off the edges - a pet peeve of mine

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 PM) : 

I like how the people in the backround are blurred.

They represent the mass populous of averagely dressed people. Backround fodder.

While you, my friend, find the gems.

 

Blogger Sam said ... (5:39 PM) : 

Those are some seriously hot legs!

 

Blogger JO said ... (6:17 PM) : 

LOVE Those Shoes! Where can I get them?

 

Blogger JO said ... (6:19 PM) : 

oh and how nice she ditched the grit! :)

 

Blogger momo said ... (7:23 PM) : 

The last time I was in the Paris metro, a woman walked by who had on just the most perfect shoes. The man standing next to me said "Ca, c'est des chaussures!" which I understood as "Now them there's some SHOES!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:19 PM) : 

Olivia, thanks for the ID on the Chloe shoes. They're spectacular.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 PM) : 

I think she nailed it. Made just the right choices to avoid the contrived 'eclectic' statement. Very nice.

Oh, and her waist!

 

Blogger La Purpura said ... (2:45 AM) : 

Really, she looks lovely.BUT whyat if she has to sit or to pick up something from the floor?

What do you do then?

Some nice underwear maybe?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 AM) : 

At last-grey has always been my favorite color.I somehow always end up buying grey clothes, accessories.I even like the color in interior decorating.This dress is nice-even nicer would it be if the hemline were just a bit longer.The blue bag suits amazingly well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 AM) : 

i like this 'boyfriend shirt' look

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

She's adorable but her walking up stairs and bending over will remind you of Britney.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Ever since wearing a shirt dress in high school in 1980s and having one of the "cool" girls ask me where I'd left my pants...I just haven't been able to bring myself to do this look. She's adorable though, and the shoes are fabulous!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (11:45 AM) : 

Is she Giovanna Battaglia's sister?
If so, what a stylish pair!
Great shot.

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (4:16 PM) : 

hmm the dress is a little short but she accessorized very nice!
good bag/belt/shoes
lovelove the blue bag

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 PM) : 

i do think that the whole shirtdress trend is designed for longlegged and really skinny girls. the whole ensemble is perfectly put together, and the items are to die for, but it really doesnt flatter her. and this is a beautiful girl

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 PM) : 

I love the colour of that bag! anyone find/have a similar color bag? I want that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 PM) : 

yvcI'm a shirt dress fan, but somehow this looks a little unfinished. Something's missing.....and if I ever wore something as short as this in HK, I'd mistaken for a working girl. A definitive minus. I'm curious: can you really get away with a dress that short in other cities?

 

Blogger Marissa said ... (12:02 AM) : 

Flawless. I love this look, and the way this woman wears it. She radiates the most perfect blend of sexy confidence...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 AM) : 

Balenciaga shoes and turnlock bag?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 AM) : 

I think this is what the person who coined the phrase "legs up to HERE" had in mind! Stunning, but I have to say, the skirt may be pushing it a little.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:07 AM) : 

Great shoes! Althoug the dress could have a mote refined look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

She is HOTT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

you need the phisique du role to go for the shirt trick and the colors just don't work...but I love the shoes and the bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 AM) : 

Great legs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 PM) : 

legs!

and also,

legs!

she is so cute! ouch.

 

Blogger Ola said ... (8:01 AM) : 

Love the look (and the girl is cute as well! Can't help the thought she would look great in loads of different types of outfits). The shoes she's wearing are lovely and the colour of her bag really gives this look a big kick.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting