This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

In Italy.....Striped Sportscoats

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

In Italy.....Striped Sportscoats


Comments on "In Italy.....Striped Sportscoats"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

I like these sportsjackets mostly because they remind me of the seersucker sportsjackets that my grandfather wore in the 1940s-1950 (and they make you look thinner!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

This guy is Michele Lupi, editor in chief of GQ Italia. Very spruce!

 

Blogger londondog said ... (10:49 AM) : 

The chalk stripes, cut and colour of his jacket make me think of a traditional English boating blazer.

I like this look - very summery and relaxed but still smart at the same time.

If I were to change anything it would be to substitute the polo shirt with a a shirt or t-shirt - it'd show off the jacket better.

His pocket square seems to wonder in and out of his pocket - very mysterious ;-)

 

Blogger chalkboards said ... (12:02 PM) : 

I think only that guy could pull that off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 PM) : 

Brooks Brothers has a couple of jackets similar to these on clearance right now. They call them "Regatta Stripe" sports coats.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (1:20 PM) : 

So very cool, so well-balanced, so properly-put-together. The glasses rock.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (1:23 PM) : 

This is great; stripes look, or make their wearer look, double-crisp in summer, somehow; they're a "safe" kind of patterning that's also quite special...

 

Blogger Angel said ... (1:25 PM) : 

Oh i like a lot..

 

Blogger pippicalzalargas said ... (2:16 PM) : 

What I most like about this picture is the nose!

And I think it combines very well with the outfit.

I vote for the nose and for the stripes as well.

( Sorry, noses are my weakness)

:)

 

Blogger pippicalzalargas said ... (2:17 PM) : 

What I most like about this picture is the nose!

And I think it combines very well with the outfit.

I vote the nose and the stripes as well.

( Sorry, noses are my weakness)

:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 PM) : 

The first guy: a perfect example of awkward chic (I just made up that term but... it seems to describe this look pretty well)

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (3:14 PM) : 

i like the second one especially... sort of butcher's apron stripe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 PM) : 

Same guy, different shirts?

Like the one with the pocket square. It looks luxurious and sturdy.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

londondog- it's two different jackets, perhaps two different people.

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (4:46 PM) : 

Is it in to wear one size too small sport jackets nowadays? That's my problem with this otherwise stylish look. The jacket of the dove grey suit shone on Sunday looked a tad small to me and the same for the gentleman in a green (velvet?) jacket with white pants shown last Thursday or Friday.

 

Blogger londondog said ... (5:28 PM) : 

To anonymous 4:14:

My hubby pointed it out to me too although I first thought he was pulling my leg ;-)

Two jackets two guys - nothing mysterious happening with the pocket square - leaves me kind of disappointed ;-)

 

Blogger Missy said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Hot jacket. Love the color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 PM) : 

I love the jacket, but my only complaint here (in the first pic) is the shoulders are too narrow, and thus exaggerate his less-than-ideal shoulder to waist ratio. I feel one should work with one's body/build, not against it. Clothing can be flattering or not, and I feel the breadth of the shoulders here is not.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 AM) : 

The first jacket is way too short. It's proportions are all off. I like the fabric, I like the color. It just doesn't fit this guy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 AM) : 

Classe et élegant...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 AM) : 

cool and smartand so preppy

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:23 AM) : 

So smart. Love it.

 

Blogger hannah said ... (4:39 PM) : 

oh sart! i love this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:13 AM) : 

Too thight. What is it, S or XS ? I don't know. But he's nice anyway. Auguri Michele.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (8:29 AM) : 

He looks like Karim Rashid sans neon colors! Excellent jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 PM) : 

i am in love with this guy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 PM) : 

I love his look. He is a very handsome man. The dark blue, the white and his skin are super combination. I love his suit. It is a short, but I love it beacause it is a short. I have a white pants and I am thinking to buy navy (the dark blue) suit, but I do not know - with stripes or not. I will make combination with navy boat shoes.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting