This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Prada

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, July 08, 2007

At Prada

There were only a few trends at the shows that I really loved.

I thought the idea of dark pattern mixing for summer at Prada was one of the best looks of the season.

I could see a lot of designers and companies interpreting this in their own way and next summer we will be dressed better because of it.

Comments on "At Prada"

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (12:01 PM) : 

and with a boy like that wearing it, it will never EVER go out of style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

taking after last cdg?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

I like that look. The mix of patterns an the slim silhuett makes it just great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

dear sart
i completely disagree with you. admittedly, i was not at the show, but based on this photo, the clothes look like mud. perhaps if you are extremely pale, and want to remain so during spring and summer, these clothes may look good on you; however, everyone else will look drab and depressing. who wants that look in the spring/summer?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

I agree I love the show and cloths, although I think it's for a very specific boy not man

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

I agree I love the show and cloths, although I think it's for a very specific boy not man

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:10 PM) : 

Great combination ... and the fall colours look just right for summer. Miuccia is always so inventive.

 

Blogger Brian said ... (4:03 PM) : 

I like the cardigan, but the pants are a little much for me.

 

Blogger Bobi Shumann said ... (5:29 PM) : 

the trousers are genial.

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (6:24 PM) : 

love this boy!
although most of the men i know would not be caught dead in this outfit.

 

Blogger lewehrman said ... (8:12 PM) : 

I usually agree with your fashion sense but I've got to say, here in NYC where it is so hot in the summer, dark colors are like a magnet for the heat. The pairing is very fresh, I agree, but not comfortable for Summer.

I also have to say that I support you and your choice to edit comments that cross lines. This blog is popular because of your eye and photo talent.I actually wish that the negative comments were not so rampant.

With success always comes jealousy and anger.

Remember that there are many of us who honor and respect the spirit of this blog AND you.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:30 PM) : 

The relatively muted palette is more than made up for by the complimentary floral patterning, the generously exposed skin--not to mention the light-hearted spirit of the thing.

A wonderful idea for summer, these.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 PM) : 

This outfit would look attractive if not for those rather hideous patterns.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 PM) : 

I like the colours of the Cardie. It would be interesting to see how it worked fit-wise on a guy who didnt have the body shape of a 9 year old girl

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 AM) : 

This particular iteration needs to stop. I look forward to actual street-level versions of this in the coming months, however.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:37 AM) : 

A autumn/winter palette in summer fabric is an intriguing idea. Why not pale skin, too?

-- desertwind

 

Blogger William said ... (5:28 AM) : 

Trousers are fine, but that surely is a girls cardigan!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 AM) : 

typically silly looking fashion show outfits, that would look horrible on any real man.

 

Blogger SartoriallyAddicted said ... (8:15 AM) : 

Isn't that called Fall cruisewear? Here in NYC, where we invented the all-black wardrobe for Spring and Summer, I can see it popping, except on me. But because I would not wear doesn't mean I'd bet against Muccia.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Great sweater! It is a bit dark for summer, but I love having clothing that can be worn all year long.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (9:23 AM) : 

I like that look for a man, but I'd also love to wear it (I'm a woman). I can't decide whether I'd do it with sockless cap-toes, or sling-back stilettoes. Hmmmmmm.

 

Blogger Al@n said ... (7:42 PM) : 

I must have those pants!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

I love dark colors for summer! I'm a redhead so browns and greens work better for me than the harsher "summer" colors. But it's more than that - I feel closer to nature in summer so these tones feel very right, like escaping the heat in a cool forest.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

why next summer? start now!

 

Blogger S said ... (9:49 AM) : 

What did you think about her low-cut shirts that resemble breastplates...?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting