This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Pitti Uomo......The Intellectual, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

At Pitti Uomo......The Intellectual, Florence

Comments on "At Pitti Uomo......The Intellectual, Florence"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

bring me the shoes of that intellectual

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (9:41 AM) : 

This is the ONLY man EVER to make white socks work with leather shoes!
(mmmmm, and how delicious he looks!)

As it is he is the EXCEPTION to the awful "white socks" curse on men with no style.

Please don't try this at home...please.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

no doubt, he has a unique way of wearing/presenting it.
however in my opinion he is over the edge of trying-to-hard..If he had Baudelaire tucked under his arm it would definitely too much, no?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

what a great pin! Reminds me of wearing your children's artwork when they bring something home from art class in second grade.


happy 4th everyone :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

i love the little pin he's wearing on his breast pocket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

I don't know but for me this outfit looks ab bit to brash. Some sort of wannabe syle.

 

Blogger Spiderman said ... (10:20 AM) : 

By the time my eyes had drifted down from the pipe and the Popeye the Sailer Man shirt, and from the little white cut-out man - capped with a pocket-kerchief - to the downy white socks, they were ready for anything. He could have wrapped blinking Christmas lights round his ankles ... would have worked for me.

Actually, I like it. It's as if the creator of Mr. Zippy had stepped out of one of his cartoon strips...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Lovely fantastic

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (10:30 AM) : 

...glad to see that pipes are making a comeback!

 

Blogger kit said ... (10:52 AM) : 

love the look, the burst of colour from the T and the prada(miu miu?) trick pin coupled with the pipe and plastic frames is a good mix of quirkiness and seriousness. just oozing attitude.

might have been better without the socks and a smaller cuff on the jeans.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Un intellectuel comme un fils de papa.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Send in the Clowns...!

 

Blogger kamutaxujovata said ... (11:24 AM) : 

so handsome:)i mean, so handsome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

No way. Even he cannot make those white socks work.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

he is just about getting away with the socks - but we need to see him standing up to see the length of the turn-up and how those possibly awful shoes look with the socks then.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

could have been better.... socks to match the red in the T and a smaller cuff in the jeans. viola!

 

Blogger amy darlene said ... (12:45 PM) : 

i think i am in love with this man

 

Blogger JO said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Johny Deppish Style...

 

Blogger stacy said ... (1:43 PM) : 

I'm a sucker for stripes...and socks. I'm dreaming those go up to his knees and have two stripes at the top!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Try hard! A bit too pretentious for my liking but then I don't know the fellow. You certainly need a sparkling wit and banter to complement the look.

 

Blogger Orchid & Wasp said ... (1:49 PM) : 

I am so in love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

The man in the left is very handsome. This is enough! I'm in love.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (2:08 PM) : 

Is that Johnny Depp's long lost brother??

I love the sartorialistic contrast between the two gentlemen.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

I broke out in a big smile when I saw this!

What a doll.

I love him.

-- desertwind

PS - Gant. I didn't know they were still around. My husband often mentions how he, as a 12 year-old (pre-Hendrix liberation) learning guitar, coveted the real Gant of his older brother, but had to settle for the knock-offs. That brand was a big deal back in the day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

absolutely great shot, just love the two of them captured in a similar posture but with opposing attitude.
Still to me the white socks are definetely questionable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

Please do not disappoint me...this man has white socks....unacceptable!

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (3:50 PM) : 

classic elements taken to jokey extremes.

 

Blogger MacGuffin said ... (4:01 PM) : 

I LOVE his shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

I like him... and his friend ;)

 

Blogger JustJenny said ... (4:31 PM) : 

So, who is the guy next to him?? Forget him! haha

:)

 

Blogger DK said ... (4:51 PM) : 

A bit too much.

I agree with maria 941am "Please don't try this at home...please."

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:08 PM) : 

White socks aren't working. Cuff on the jeans is way to big. Overall, not impressed.

 

Blogger Edd said ... (6:15 PM) : 

I love your blog, soo chic and pure inspirationxcx

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (6:37 PM) : 

it's rolf
or victor
either way he looks magnificent!
outstanding,,
unique.

he must feel really confident to wear this..
i like it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 PM) : 

Very cool.....very Midwestern/Indie Rock chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

I too noted the pin; it looks like "Flat Stanley" a paper cut out that my daughter's class mailed to friends/relatives to see how far "Stanley" could travel. Could he have gotten to Europe?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 PM) : 

to me he's kind of a modern day james dean. charming.

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (8:33 PM) : 

...i thought that looked like him! i saw stanley this summer in a children's knitting class.
he does get around!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:39 PM) : 

I really like the outfit(!!?)
I dont know how, but he makes the white socks works....maybe is because he's so cute, and love is blind...thats the only explanation ;P
Love the shot!:)
Gracias

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (8:40 PM) : 

Is that a copy of Sart[sic] in your pocket or is he just happy to see me? Oh I loves me a really deep jean cuff. On the fence about the socks; but what the heck - who would kick his hose outta bed? ; )

Weren't Prada doodads called "robots"? Extra points though it he made it himself - I Gant resist a creative type.

Happy Fourth! Regardless of how we think this "America" thing turned out, you gotta admit that Constitution was a great concept! Here's to the best parts of American style and designers over the decades.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (8:53 PM) : 

I'm all for this--even the pin--until we get to the whopping turn-ups and two-tone spatty shoes.

The deep cuff break the line of the pants in an uncomplimentary way....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

Sorry, too cartoonish.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 PM) : 

Awesome look. I like everything. but if I had to do it.. I'd keep the jeans rolled up a little lower.

It ain't floddin' in Italy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 PM) : 

Thanks for the little red-white-and-blue action on the Fourth of July! And so playfully done! It gladdens my heart (especially the possibly-"Flat Stanley"-pin).

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:10 PM) : 

How neat would that be if Flat Stanely made it all the way there, and ended up in his sweet shirt and jacket combo.

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (12:31 AM) : 

Is that a Trovata blazer?

I like it, but probably just because it looks like something I'd wear...

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (12:34 AM) : 

The look is already interesting, but what makes it even more interesting is that detail on the left breast of his jacket.. is that a paper doll or what?!? All of a sudden his look is playful..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 AM) : 

are we expected to know who this man is?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:30 AM) : 

I hope he has a sense of humour

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:52 AM) : 

Wow. He looks fabulous - who can make a pipe look good?! Love the two blues together with the red stripes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 AM) : 

i like the way he folded his jeans cuffs, the pipe and the glasses

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

How sweet!

 

Blogger Missy said ... (12:52 PM) : 

I love them both, and the pipe- so sexy.

 

Blogger Il Trifolau said ... (3:14 PM) : 

This is a great shot. I wonder if this would have looked differently in a more typcially urban setting. The white socks do not seem out of place with jeans and brown leather shoes because of the grass, the white wood wall, the white chairs, and of course the classically preppy connotation of the Gant sign in the background. A good look for the occassion, I'm not sure I would feel the same way if the photo was taken in a Milanese cafe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:30 PM) : 

Sartorially Sharp..........No!
Sartorially Splendid.......No!
Sartorially Put together...NOT!!!

A Hayseed..................YES!!!

This may be the WORST look I have ever seen on here. Sorry Just one Man's opinion

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

I think he totally rocks. Somehow he pulls the whole thing together. While it definitely feels premeditated, somehow it still feels casual. I love to see men pushing the boundaries.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 PM) : 

I don't know, this seems much too studied to be inellectual. It's more of a costume than an honest "what, this old thing?" outfit.

It's too self conscious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 AM) : 

i believe, this is the first time i like white socks (oh my!!!) with someone. a memorable moment indeed ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:32 AM) : 

Just awesome. Soooooo throwback. Sart, you should have posted this in black & white and perhaps juxtaposed it with some beatnik/hipster photos from the late 40s, early 50s. Love it!

- Eminence Grise

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

This outfit match works beautifully...Awesome!!!

 

Blogger Joe said ... (12:03 PM) : 

There's waldo!

 

Blogger londondog said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Great look! He looks very English-eccentric in this get up. Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 PM) : 

I love the red striped shirt and the nautical feel to his outfit, although I can't help but feel that he is trying too hard to look ironic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 AM) : 

i think he's hot
and his quirky sense of style only adds to it

he's definitely having fun with fashion which is the way to go about it in my life

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 AM) : 

Yikes, an escapee from the set of "PeeWee's Playhouse".........

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:59 AM) : 

this guy is cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 PM) : 

wow,I love his glasses and the whole sailor-geek look he's pulling off!but the white socks...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 AM) : 

When I went visiting the site and I saw my friend Massi..oh My God!
He's terribly stilish and funny; his look really shows the way he is.

Massi baby...you rule.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 AM) : 

looks like Johnny Depp meets Revenge of the Nerds to me.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting