This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.......Mr. Vacca in Linen, Central Park

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, June 03, 2007

On the Street.......Mr. Vacca in Linen, Central Park

I love the crinkly summer elegance of a linen suit.

Comments on "On the Street.......Mr. Vacca in Linen, Central Park"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

That's downtown? Where? It looks
like Central Park East...
Great look on Domenico, by the way.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 AM) : 

In Holland we would say this guy looks very 'gelikt' (smooth).

He needs a little twist, I think.

Great over all look though

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

amazing! i love linen and this season is so "hot". He looks very elegant without trying. Beatiful suit, beatiful material, beatiful cut beatiful color and beautiful smile. love the patched pocket on a linen suit. great picture. bravo Sartorialist, right on!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Casual perfection.

 

Blogger lucia martinez said ... (11:56 AM) : 

now this is lovely: the length of the cuff, the tonal shoe/suit combination--and the smile. makes me want to take a walk in central park.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

I'm somewhat disturbed by the shoes. Very sleek, but they don't seem to work. Spectators would've been better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

that doesn't look like downtown...that looks like it's right next to central park?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:03 PM) : 

I would have liked a contrast between the suit color and shoes, perhaps a navy blue pair?

but I think I like it otherwise.
Although, I have a hard time with that color. It works; I know. Nonetheless, I'm hesistant to say it's ever quite right.

 

Blogger Ellen said ... (2:17 PM) : 

I think the buttons are a little strained on the jacket. But his shoes are a good match with his suit. He is lucky that tan is 'in'

 

Blogger Cristina Redondo said ... (3:11 PM) : 

this style it's remember to the sytle of my parent to go to work ath the 70's , when i was a baby...the brown colour and the slimmer of the size...don't you think about the seventies when you look at it???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

This man's store down here in Bal Harbour is perfect. Everything looks flawless.

If I was a millionaire, I'd get all my clothes made there. Custom. It's breathtaking.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (4:18 PM) : 

Like this a lot--particularly the color. To be picky, the jacket, and particularly the sleeves seem a mite too slim; I keep going back and forth on the shirt sleeves which seem not be buttoned.

On the one hand, they provide a casual follow-through to the open-necked shirt; on the other...well, they seem a bit floppy.

(Also would do a different shoe color--though I have no idea at the moment what that might be.)

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (5:18 PM) : 

oooooooh, i LOVE that look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

The caramel cowboy. Vacca's masterful sense of color shown in full effect here, with a degree of coordination between suit and shoes that is sublime yet vaguely unsettling. Beautiful, contemporary menswear that strikes a fine balance between classical and avant-garde.

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (8:37 PM) : 

I just love the color, especially on the shoes..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 PM) : 

great suit & smile~~!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 AM) : 

ok i know that right now you're in ny but yesterday i was shopping in a hat shop on melrose blvd in los angeles and there was a man there that looked just like you. I had to do a double take but i realized it wasn't you because he was holding no camera. plus im on your site religiously and i know where you are. by the way, I was just recently introduced your site a couple weeks ago and I love it. Its so full of inspiration for me because currently im a fashion student at otis college of art and design. Thank you for the wonderful work you do =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 AM) : 

the shoes fit just perfectly with the suit and I´m sure he is very aware of it.The color is quite unusual but it fits him.I personally find it too unusual but then again-I´m not the one to wear it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 AM) : 

classicly handsome pose - he's a natural!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 AM) : 

this looks fab. difficult colour to wear, really works with a crisp white shirt. love it

 

Blogger Eva said ... (6:46 AM) : 

A while ago I was standing at a shop window looking at some linen clothes. A woman walked by with her friends and said: "Linen is really terrible, it's always wrinkly!" I just had a big ? in my head, just stopping myself from asking her: "So what, isn't that what linen is supposed to do?! Isn't that the beauty of it?!" Well, I just wanted to say, that while I can see that it can be difficult for some people to carry it off with elegance, I also really love the texture of linen and it is a pleasure to see it work so well on this gentleman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 AM) : 

What a gorgeous brown!
Som sirap på glassen...

 

Blogger Robert said ... (8:19 AM) : 

Those shoes are working in his favour. Perfect size and cut, almost doesn´t look like linen.

 

Blogger will anderson said ... (8:35 AM) : 

a bit of contrast with the shoes might have made this a bit stronger. matching the shoes so perfectly just doesn't work for me.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:41 AM) : 

I love this photo - the colours (his and nature's!) go beautifully together. I like the suit but what draws me most is his air of easy self-confidence. I like!

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Ilove the color- caramel! But it does look a tiny bit tight for his body. Unless it is the pose that makes it look this way.

 

Blogger Bel said ... (9:46 AM) : 

NOTHING beats a man in a linen suit. Very classy. Very sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

so do i.
even though this one's jacket is a tiny little blink too tight :o)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

he is the master "the maestro"of Italian sartorial clothing. Love the cut and the fabric. I met Mr. Vacca and his dedication to top quality in everything he does blew my mind. If you can guys check his stores. Also i was very impressed by his woman collection. Nobody does an hand made woman collection in the market today like DV. Great shot Sartorialist.

 

Blogger Mutterlein said ... (11:47 AM) : 

That suit is perfect! My favorite part of the look are the shoes, the color is great for the suit. Rather good.

 

Blogger mmkn said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Are those cuffs on his trousers?

 

Blogger Just an Observation said ... (4:32 PM) : 

CRINKLE IZZZ COOOL!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Thank you for showing a linen suit. I just had one made-to-measure in a dark brown the salesman was second guessing my choice in linen but I siad I would take the blame if it was to 'wrinkley'. I'm glad I stuck to my guns. Now I need to get shoes and your picture again helped me feel better about my choice.

 

Blogger matt williams said ... (5:46 PM) : 

He looks very spiffy and I like that he used linen for a serious look.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (1:35 AM) : 

The color looks great on him. I rarely see men wearing pastel but this is totally wearable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 AM) : 

i'm probably half this man's age but if i saw him walking down the street i would stop everything i was doing and STARE.
lol.
smoooooth.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

I could see spectators with this, but I also like how these shoes blend in. I'm having a hard time picturing any other shade of brown that wouldn't stick out.

How about an ascot? For the day in a light shade and with spectators it would make it look quite jaunty, and if in the evening in a darker shade with shoes to complement (not spectators) it would dress it up a bit. Just a thought.

rdhd

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting