This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....57th & 5th, Midtown

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

On the Street.....57th & 5th, Midtown

Comments on "On the Street.....57th & 5th, Midtown"

 

Blogger Aya Amurjuev said ... (7:54 AM) : 

Just WOW! Sart, you are awesome for finding these beautiful people of all ages, shapes, and sizes!

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (7:58 AM) : 

such a chic and confident-looking "old gal"...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 AM) : 

wow!! she's stunning!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 AM) : 

sexy is, as sexy does!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

thank you for NOT choosing one of those over-dressed, over-thought, over-plasticized, over-styled and over-the-top upper east side ladies who generally get chosen to symbolize style at a certain age. this lady looks fabulous, happy and healthy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

Smashing! This made me smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 AM) : 

stunning. and the best accesorie is her smile.

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (9:00 AM) : 

Gorgeous! I don't even know what to say....
Aren't those shoes Nine West? She really rocks them!


Much Love!

 

Blogger Bel said ... (9:18 AM) : 

It's a glam Mrs Brady!!! Beautiful ;o)

 

Blogger abril said ... (9:28 AM) : 

I don't think is the clothes, that dress can fit on any age. I think is her face.

She looks so self-confident!!! I love her smile!!

Besitoss

 

Blogger a.v. said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Her dress looks like Marc Jacobs. Even its faux, the look is associated so much with young girls like selma blair et al, so seeing it on an older woman is tres cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 AM) : 

Work it, Mme.!

Now, this is the kind of lady I expect to see waiting for her driver outside of the Ritz or the W here in Montreal.

Unfortunately, walking past these places yesterday, it seems that only (middle-aged) ruffians go to these hotels now.

Forget bringing sexy back. Bring classy back like this Mme.

mltt

 

Blogger Ellen said ... (9:43 AM) : 

I am soooo glad you posted that photo. Yes, she is stunning. It just goes to show that wearing clothes with confidence is the secret to beauty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

your best shot ever.
this is nyc.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Quite possibly my favorite post EVER.

I want to look like her when I'm that age!

I love the fact that the older you are, the more you can get away with wearing large pieces of jewelery.

They don't call them the Golden Years for nothin', right?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Fantastic!!! she's inspirational and aspirational too!!!!

 

Blogger Jane Flanagan said ... (9:50 AM) : 

She makes me look forward to getting older. Why on earth would you be scared of aging when you can look this fabulous and full of joie de vivre?!

 

Blogger LE BLOG said ... (9:54 AM) : 

I LIIIIIIIKE HER!!!!!

 

Blogger Cut of cloth said ... (9:59 AM) : 

My God
She looks Fantastic!
Great to see a grown up woman with such a young style it really works..
Makes one wonder
what she was like in her youth...
How fabulous it would be to take a peep in her wardrobe.
I would love to draw her
in different guises
at different times
of life, light, and mood
she would be a perfect Muse...
In fact
I would love to design a range
just for this
Woman!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

I am 28 and I would kill to look this good. Can I adopt this woman as my new grandmother?

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (10:03 AM) : 

I love her confidence and how she's able to wear trends (the skirt, the shoes) without looking "trendy."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

And here I thought you had to be British to age well!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Wow! What a breath of fresh air. I adore her spirit. That necklace looks, like someone already said, smashing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

wow, she's just way to fabulous!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:29 AM) : 

She looks fantastic, so chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

I wish my grandmother had this sense of style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Totally inspired and inspirational!!! I'm a 45 yo with a new baby and it is a great feeling to look forward to the vision of, say, meeting my 25 year old son for lunch in midtown when I am 65 and looking as smashing as this woman!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Stunning! And I love the way her hair matches the sparkly rhinestones she's wearing.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:35 AM) : 

They are Nine West shoes, half off as of last week. I couldnt decide if i liked them, but now I do!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM) : 

As a 30 year old that just stumbled upon this site, I must make two comments.

1. I love it.

2. This picture is simply brilliant. As is the woman captured in it. I would hope my wife will capture this essence of "feminine" when she is this womans age.

Cheers!

 

Blogger lucia martinez said ... (11:38 AM) : 

she looks fabulous. (I hate the shoes, but they're very stylish.) I can only hope that works when I'm her age...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

She is truly fabulous and I don't use that word too often. I hope I have enough style and energy to look that good when I become a "woman of a certain age".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 AM) : 

This lady is exceptional! Let her lead the way to rid style-challenged older women out of their sea of elastic waist polyester pants, St. John suits and "suntan" hose. She looks absolutely great and happy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

I wish she was my grandmother!!

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (12:03 PM) : 

I love everything about her outfit. She looks so chic and stylish.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

i want to age that way! she's beautiful, with such fresh elegance!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

A world of YES! I would love to see her the rest of her wardrobe!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Now that is style. Took my breath away. I'm 26, a mother of two... I feel "old" for my age. I LOVE stylish, sexy older women like this, for making me feel like the "cool" part of my life doesn't have to be over already.
I adore your blog. I never thought I'd be interested in fashion, but since teaching myself to knit a few years ago I have come to see fashion as a craft, a kind of soul-filling thing, not just magazine fluff. Um, not that there's anything wrong with magazines.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

simply...chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

Fantastic! I should be so lucky to be as chic now and when I'm her age

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

My favorite post -- love her confidence and style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

I can't think about anything more inspiring than an elegant grown-up woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

Her white jacket is so cute and cunning...I can barely handle it! I love the fact that this outfit would look ridiculous on me and many other younger women, even though it is totally youthful. Her chic, and hers alone, is making it work!

 

Blogger glaceyeux said ... (2:33 PM) : 

FABULOUSNESS PERSONIFIED!!!

I love her! I bet she throws perfect martini parties.

 

Blogger CurlyHairDay said ... (2:34 PM) : 

My first comment ever -- I just can't resist. She is wonderful! What style, what swing-in-the-step, what a smile! Thanks for all of your photographs and for sharing your eye with us.

 

Blogger Isis said ... (2:39 PM) : 

Fly ass grandma!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:16 PM) : 

She's absolutely lovely! A true inspiration, and proof that you don't have to look dowdy or stuffy once you reach a certain age.

And, she's got a great smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

i wish i was related to her

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

she's really rockin' that outfit. great sense of style, mixing different elements to make an elegant and unique statement. she's really nailed an edgy look that doesn't look inappropriate for her age. just awesome!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Oh, man. Awesome look on such a lovely lady. We can only wish to look this good at her age.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM) : 

I want that necklace!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 PM) : 

Lovely! For those of us who ARE of "a certain age" it's so nice to see such terrific examples of style.

And thanks, Sart, for picking her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:51 PM) : 

Atitude is everything!!!She looks confident and veeeeery sexy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

Wow wow wow. I got goosebumps looking at the picture. Ladies, look and learn. Age is just an illusion. Older means more graceful and very refined. Made my day, that photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

she's gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Now this old lady would be quite ready to go to a teaparty with girlfriends her age to some fancy tearoom.

 

Blogger Bexia said ... (4:16 PM) : 

Run free Wolf!

Just fantastic. This lady does what so many women younger than herself can't manage: individually stylish, classy yet relevant and she doesn't in any way look as if she's trying to skew young.

So many ladies of a certain age can't reconcile their style with their ages or the age they live in. They either dress like their 28, like they're 88, or like a grotesque caricature of Coco Chanel.

Not this lady, what a gem.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Yes! This woman puts the pastel-track-suit-and white sneaker-wearing hoards of older ladies at the mall to shame!
And she looks chic and age-appropriate without being frumpy. Fantastic.

 

Blogger aj said ... (4:31 PM) : 

um wow. what a hot fox. can you like take a picture of her everyday? I want to see her in all different ensembles.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:39 PM) : 

Yes, she looks great.
Her age is not important.
One seldom sees a woman of any age looking this lovely and put together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Just started reading your blog and I love it...I just have to say this woman looks fantastic and I love her necklace.

 

Blogger FeiraChic said ... (4:50 PM) : 

I just hope I look this good and so self confident at her age.
Beautiful!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:59 PM) : 

REFRESHING! This lady has got it going on! and with heels on! i would like to meet her now...and twenty years ago!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

My new favorite Sart girl. She's total inspiration for the me of the future. Thanks, Sart. I heart u!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:23 PM) : 

Oh wow! I can only describe this woman in one word; Fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

She looks just like my own grandma! Same confident style and fantastic hair.

 

Blogger M About Town said ... (6:13 PM) : 

great! perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 PM) : 

As a gal on the cusp of being an "older gal", I am thrilled to see this woman. Confident, happy, and gorgeous. A great reminder that if you believe in it you can sell it!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 PM) : 

what a stylish lady! i just wish a little bit that she were wearing an elegant pair of black pumps instead

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:44 PM) : 

love love love this! It makes me so happy to think about looking that great when I'm her age :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 PM) : 

perfect. i love her jacket. just goes to show that style is attitude!!

 

Blogger Ms. Champagne said ... (8:59 PM) : 

wow this is inspirational.

We are not going to refer to her as 'a woman of a certain age' are we?

Thats only for women who are not proud of their age - and this lady does not fit that category.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

I love seeing women of a certain age looking this good. Just yesterday I was reading the most recent Australian Vogue when I came across a lovely article about a spectacularly stilish 98 YEAR OLD woman. Just goes to show style is ageless, you don't have to be 25, slim and pretty to look chic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 PM) : 

oh my god, she is incredible!

 

Blogger Scott W said ... (11:06 PM) : 

H. O. T.

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (11:50 PM) : 

My goodness, don't you just love her?? I love glamorous women, especially those who have already reached a certain age and they look FANTABULOUS without trying hard to look young..

 

Blogger benson said ... (12:17 AM) : 

I LOVE the comments about this picture...fabulous! Now, if the magazines, the television, the advertisements would listen...the women of America could breathe.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (2:12 AM) : 

And I want to add...

She's a quintessential New York lady. Now, that is class.

 

Blogger Kits said ... (2:21 AM) : 

Faabbbbullosu..she looks abs stunnin

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 AM) : 

a million dollar girl!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 AM) : 

Quintessential New York.

Lovely.

-- desertwind

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (6:22 AM) : 

Amazing lady! Chic and stylish in her own personal way, not a fashionista! More please!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 AM) : 

such a refined and beautiful figure

 

Blogger thesil said ... (7:27 AM) : 

I wish I was this body, this style and this happiness when I am older.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:57 AM) : 

Eine wunderbare, fröhliche und fabelhaft gekleidete Lady, eine Altersangabe ist da obsolet. Vielen Dank Thank you

 

Blogger Bambi said ... (7:59 AM) : 

I wish I could be like her when I am at her age :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 AM) : 

if i look and dress like her when i reach her age i will die happy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Wow....I want to be like her when I am her age :-)

So cool lady!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Goodness, what an amazing looking woman with such fashion sense!

Excellent photo...as always...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Wow! Totally fabulous. Sart, please photograph her again.

 

Blogger A said ... (10:44 AM) : 

I want to look that happy and beautiful and cheerful and stylish when I'm older.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 PM) : 

I have been waiting for you to post a pic like this! Great choice, love her attitude.

 

Blogger Sam said ... (1:26 PM) : 

Betty White is HOT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Those are Nine West shoes. I almost bought them a few weeks ago

 

Blogger Cristina Redondo said ... (3:12 PM) : 

wow! Awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

She looks like the old lady in studio 54!

 

Blogger bonny with a Y said ... (4:50 PM) : 

WOW!!

I want to be like her when I grow up.


P.S. - fabulous blog!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 PM) : 

I would imagine this lady still turns heads. WOW if only my mother were so stylish, let alone my grandmother.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:44 PM) : 

i just love her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:08 PM) : 

this is why i love this website- someone i can look up to rather than the kids in fancy dress that masquerades as style on other street style blogs!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 PM) : 

How cool is she?! I hope I'm like that when I get older...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:31 PM) : 

now that's one classy broad.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 PM) : 

Can she come up to my city and give us all a lesson on class and style?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:20 AM) : 

Her style and joie de vivre may be inspiring but what's most impressive is that this lady is able to coordinate an ensemble with a very modern approach... the designer duds mixed with mall shoes. Who else can achieve that think- outside- the- box approach in their 60's?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 AM) : 

Any idea why so many girls become become monotonously dressed women...mothers, grandmothers?

This classic photo defies all above mentioned concepts.

Thanks Sart for introducing us to this classic beauty... ageless and stylish forever.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 AM) : 

HATE the belt, but She is LOVE.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:36 AM) : 

Perfect in every way. Wat it means to have style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 AM) : 

Sophistication par excellence!

This Lady has a natural grace which she enhances with her outfit.

She reminds me of the Italian ladies, - so great at dressing their age. Great hair, big chunky necklaces and earrings, bright red lipstick, heels and a splash of some silver/gold/rhinestone.

Her smile is wonderful too.
I would love to make friends with her.

I wish to be this cool and chic, when I get older. Fabulous picture!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

"vivacious" comes to mind -- and that's no faint praise

 

Blogger MacGuffin said ... (6:07 AM) : 

She's just DRIPPING with panache.

 

Blogger Rachella said ... (7:18 AM) : 

I've noticed that most of the posts focus on this woman's age, as in "she looks great for her age." She looks great. period. I wish I looked this good now, and I'm several generations below her. (Well, at least one and a half)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 AM) : 

I love her, she is an ispiration. Give us more of her please!

 

Blogger OSN said ... (9:07 AM) : 

shes wearing a shoe from nine west called tobago.a best seller here in singapore.

 

Blogger aify said ... (1:07 PM) : 

wow if I can be half as cool as her at any age, that would be a blessing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:08 PM) : 

I want to go shopping with her! She's so adorable!

I hope to be rockin' it when I'm that age!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 AM) : 

perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Fantasic - She is super chic, with a great air of personality. She knows clothing well, and can walk into any upscale shop, trendy or classic and knows just what to pull to mix a fresh style like this - :)

 

Blogger positively the same dame said ... (2:36 PM) : 

this blog is always fun, but once it a while you really come up with something truly great and you've certainly done it here. i can't get enough of this picture, this woman -- surely this is what it -- this style, this fashion thing -- is all about? is there anyone alive who would not want to know her? or you, for that matter? how fortunate for us that the gods conspired to have all of the necessary elements converge on the corner of 57th and 5th.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 AM) : 

this is what i called by aging gracefully.....^_^ salute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 AM) : 

superb, just lovely

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

this is the epitome of how senior citizens can still look young, fresh, confident & sexy.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:31 PM) : 

perfectly park avenue! are those nine west lucite shoes she's wearing? those were the ones featured in vogue!

 

Blogger [a} said ... (9:06 PM) : 

THAT is style.

As Diana Vreeland said, " You're born with it....you don't acquire it."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

GORGEOUS!!! She IS "l'allure".
And I want also her smile and to look like her when I'm that age !
She is the best!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 PM) : 

I swear I saw her in central park, it might have been someone else though with a similar style :]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

STUNNING.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting