This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street..... The Park Avenuer, Uptown

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, June 09, 2007

On the Street..... The Park Avenuer, Uptown


I love that big full shirt back to the skinny jeans

Comments on "On the Street..... The Park Avenuer, Uptown"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:10 AM) : 

you are the best! i love your blog!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

hmm i don't know. it's a little bit off. but props for dearing to be different

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

I cannot process this photo. It is very feminine from the scarf all the way down. I had to zoom in to convince myself it wasn't capris and ballet flats. And with the polka-dotted bag, no less!

Sorry - this absolutely does not work for me on a man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Funny. If you cover the upper part of the body, it's an old lady going shopping.
In Miami, of course.
First comment??
Love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 AM) : 

great except for the shoes - this look seems to need a big ole chunky shoe or boot to balance it out. love the polkadot bag.

 

Blogger repeatclicks said ... (1:31 AM) : 

Absolutely not. I have a classmate that can pull of slightly too short tight jeans, but not that tight, and never with white loafers, a polka dot bag, and a scarf.

Seeing guys in low cut girls jeans is getting really old. Mens genitals aren't made to be stuffed into only 3 inches of rise (believe me, I wore them long enough).

 

Blogger Thysz said ... (1:49 AM) : 

I love it. Love it. Love it. He clearly is comfortable with his outfit and rocks it! Looks feminine? So what? It's fabulous for strutting down the street anyway! As they say, people may stare so make it worth their while!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 AM) : 

I think that Scott is a genius of precision, but I can't help wonder what this is all about. Scott, can you share some commentary about what you like about this, as a complete look? Is it safe to say that it is an observational commentary about a new men's sillouette?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:39 AM) : 

Sorry, i think this should be in the feminine section of your blog

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 AM) : 

i somehow cant figure out if i hate or love this outfit. on a man this absolutely does not work for me. yet i cant stop looking at it.

 

Blogger discotheque confusion said ... (6:53 AM) : 

Hmm, I hate to say it, but I'm not sure about this one.

The proportions just seem to be a little off.

I need to stare at it, ha.

S xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:52 PM) : 

the jeans wreak havoc on the natural proportions of his body. This outfit is designed to make one inhabit the posture of a sexual target;on a woman it would be slutty and somewhat pathetic;on a man......
shirts ok

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 PM) : 

I think the "off-ness" may come as a result of the visible ankle?
I think the outfit may look a bit more "on" did the jeans not have a folded cuff.
It would be a bit more complete, more contrasting with a full-on skinny jean and loose-fitting shirt; perhaps a different shoe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:08 PM) : 

can't say I dig the bag, but props to him for being refreshingly different

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:20 PM) : 

It is undeniably interesting to look at. The ac/dc juxtaposition is interesting but not pleasing to the eye.
It's a car crash.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 PM) : 

This is your worst post ever...not even close.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:06 PM) : 

This definitely caught my attention but something about the combined length and skinnyness of the jeans is
uncomfortable. It makes me feel squeamish. Weird huh?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 AM) : 

hard to tell, but does he have a ponytail, too?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 AM) : 

The thing is, he looks like he has extremely short legs. Not flattering.

 

Blogger Kits said ... (2:19 AM) : 

He is too hip!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 AM) : 

I don't think men look good in skinny pants. Men look particularly goofy in low-wasted and short skinny pants. The problem isn't gender ambiguity (which I dig); the problem is poor proportions. Most men have shorter-than-ideal legs. If you further shorten them with a low rise and then seal the deal by rolling up the hems, you end up looking like a gorilla with giant torso and tiny limbs. Even longer-legged women rarely get away with this look. Bulky and stocky -- instead of long and lean. Not what this guy was going for, I am sure.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:07 AM) : 

I think that this look is very confronting because it is actually bordering on drag. But full power to anyone who expresses themselves with originality I say.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 AM) : 

I hate it when men are able to wear women clothes yet look 10 times better in them then we do. I love this look. I think I'll be wearing something like this to work on Friday. This gentlemen seem "free". I think that caption under the photo should read: To heck with what other's might think or say. This is me world!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:49 AM) : 

I love how feminine it is! Why can't a guy look feminine? that is too narrow minded, women CAN look masculine you know?

this makes my day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 AM) : 

It's nice to see everyone debating fashion ! It seems as though people have strong opinions about this photograph, leaning a bit more towards the negative.
While his style may not be your taste, remember that fashion is about having fun & allowing the world into your inner workings by visually expressing your thoughts and emotions on the outside. This is how he wants us to see him & he obviously put some thought and effort (but not too much, which is great)into this outfit- can you really imagine this guy in a chambray Tommy Hilfiger shirt & pair of khaki's ??? Now, that wouldn't look right, would it ??
side note to Sart- love what you've capturted here on your blog and in all of your amasing photographs... please do keep up the great work.
best regards!

 

Blogger G said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Oh Sartorialist, you have always been on the mark with me, but we disagree on this one all the way.

I think this man looks ridiculous; in fact, he looks hilarious, and I'm not sure that was his intention.

He looks like a lady-man; like he couldn't make up his mind. I have seen that on the street and it be fascinating and stunning, but not with this dude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Well...I think he looks great because he is confident in what he is wearing. Besides, you can always count on the sartorialist to highlight new york's unique looks, and this look is no different. I respect this guy for breaking with the gender norms of fashion.

 

Blogger brooke said ... (12:36 PM) : 

yeah, way too feminine...augh

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 PM) : 

This look is absolutely jarring. Individually the top and bottom seem to work, but my neurons begin to misfire when I try to look at the entire ensemble. This man has made himself into a fashion centaur.

As a piece of post-modern art, it is brilliant. As a fashion style, it makes me shudder a little. Kudos??

 

Blogger LE BLOG said ... (6:38 AM) : 

I've got that bag too! They gave it to me last year at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair, in NYC, and it is a "Design from Spain" bag, not a Polka-dotted one! It is reversible, by the way...

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (9:03 AM) : 

oh my gosh - the jeans look like they are stopping his breathing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 PM) : 

i cant take it! I love him and I am a little scared. I can almost hear him sneering just a bit or maybe groaning from his pants being a little to tight? His look reminds me of a fashion plate game and the funny pairings of the different tops and bottoms or of an exquisite corpse drawing exercise where you connect the lines not knowing what the other person has drawn. WOW!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

love this look!!!! great guy, you can feel his personality, i love him!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting