This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

I Didn't Mention This But....

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, June 08, 2007

I Didn't Mention This But....


..when the German Tour photos were published in the German Vanity Fair they included a lot of your comments from my blog.

I didn't want to sway opinion or have more or less comments than usual so I didn't mention it but I do think it is really cool.

The story is four pages and so wonderfully done (as you can see)

Comments on "I Didn't Mention This But...."

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (10:33 AM) : 

OMG, I'm in German Vanity Fair. What the heck did I say? *dies from joy*

 

Blogger Opulent CerriLynn said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Nice! So, can you link us to those four pages? Dedicated viewers want to know! Don't be shy.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (10:59 AM) : 

I can scan in them in this weekend

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (12:30 PM) : 

I still love that ensemble! I stand by my opinion translated into German!

 

Blogger benson said ... (12:52 PM) : 

who knew I spoke german so well??! Congrats on your success!

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (1:23 PM) : 

How fabulous!!! I like the presentation.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (1:38 PM) : 

That is fantastic!

 

Blogger N said ... (1:44 PM) : 

nicely done!

@carlene:
'once I wore such trousers to the office. my husband asked if I had to go to a wedding'

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

Dear sartorialist, I learned about your blog from this very issue of vanity fair. In yesterday's issue there was another excerpt from your blog.
I just love the fashion spirit that young people in Berlin display.
Do you think there is any Germany town which can be compared to NYC as regards fashion?

Saying hi from Northern Germany!
VH

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

Great to see you getting such attention Sart !!!

keep up the great work

 

Blogger Sara said ... (3:46 PM) : 

WOW, I'm in German Vanity Fair too! How crazy and fun! Now I need to go back and see what I said...hmmm...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

I love the VF story. Don't forget to mention that they will continously publish some of your pics with selected comments... something to be proud of for sure!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

cool sart ;) i bought that vanity fair just because you were in :) it's a very cool magazine anyways :)

 

Blogger Cristina said ... (4:35 PM) : 

Please look here!
:-)
http://www.vanityfair.de/articles/stil/scott-schumann/2007/05/07/00791/

 

Blogger lewehrman said ... (5:02 PM) : 

I still have to say that the Katherine Hepburn lady is one of my all time favorites.

God she's good!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 PM) : 

hey i'm from germany and i love our vanity fair. every week i get a new one. and last week your photos were in. oh i love these 4 pages with those cool photos!!

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (10:46 PM) : 

faultier! I said my *boss* asked me if I was going to a wedding! Does husband translate to boss in German!? That is just so many ways wrong.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 AM) : 

Wow Sart that is wonderful. And also wonderful for those that got their comments published :-) I'm still too shy to post my comments under anything but anon :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 AM) : 

Can some one please please translate the article posted by cristina, or maybe give the gist of it - it is rather long

 

Blogger Bel said ... (9:09 AM) : 

How cool is that! The lady in the red cardigan was one of my faves from your Berlin tour, so I'm glad she was published ;o)

 

Blogger N said ... (10:13 AM) : 

translation of the article:

Fashion-Blogger 'The Sartorialist' was on his way to find and photograph the best looks for Vanity Fair.

He's constantly hunting. His prey: stylish dressed people. His stomping ground: the street. Fashion-Blogger Scott Schumann usually takes pictures in citys like New York, Milan or Paris, in the vincinity of fashion shows, in the streets of couturiers and in their studios - wherever well-dressed people are roaming. The pictures, always shot in natural poses, then are published on his website www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com.

It took 'The Sartorialist' only 18 months to obtain a huge fanbase - consisting of not only fellow bloggers but people in the fashion industry too. His blog is now a fixed institution on the fashtion-site 'Style.com' and serves as a source of inspiration for designers as well as trend scouts or fashion enthusiasts. Nearly one million users visit his site monthly. Even Carine Roitfeld, editor-in-chief of the french Vogue, is a professed "Sartorialist"-fan. No wonder that Schumann recently has been named one of the 100 top design influencers by Time Magazine.

Now, following an invitation by Vanity Fair, 'The Sartorialist' made his way to Germany to have a look around for the best styles in Cologne, Hamburg, Munich and Berlin. The pictures taken will be available on his website and Vanity Fair will publish them, together with some of the comments, in it's May issue (Nr.23). So if your keen on blogging, feel free to express your thoughts on the outfits!


(please excuse any mistakes ;D )

 

Blogger Colin Flora said ... (11:03 AM) : 

I'm glad that story turned out so nicely for you. Also, everything about the gentleman's photo inthe upper right is just great: color, composition and lots of atmosphere, if you know what I mean. Nicely done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 AM) : 

hm John Lobb monkstraps for only EUR 240??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Dear Mr. Sartoralist,
I must say... I have grown to be a huge fan of your blog. At first I was a little skepitical of your blog (of course, becuase I did not think of it first) and then I realize that your witty comments and acceptance of fashion taste that are not of your own makes me follow you even more. Plus, they are parallel with my own thoughts on fashion. So you are ok with me.
On to more important things (enough compliments for the day)... A question for you. I noticed a little plug on Monk Strap shoes in the German Vanity Fair article. I am curious as to what you are seeing out there in terms of monk straps? I love them, but the looks I get here in NY is not what I expect. Am I ahead of the curve?

 

Blogger Dagmar said ... (7:50 AM) : 

I really love those Katharine-Hepburn-style trousers. Does anybode know where I can get them?

 

Blogger N said ... (2:19 PM) : 

carlene: oops, my bad. I misread the word 'Boss' (which is the same in English and German) as 'Mann' ('man'/'husband').

I blame it on the quality of the scanned image *cough* ;D

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting