This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Guess Who I Ran Into Today...

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Guess Who I Ran Into Today...

Her name is Albertina Marzotto, a journalist, and as you can see she is a woman for all seasons

Comments on "Guess Who I Ran Into Today..."

 

Blogger lucia martinez said ... (2:41 PM) : 

I love that she manages to balance consistency in her hair and silhouette with tonal and textural variety...she's figured out a way to make what works for her not look the same every time. brava!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (2:41 PM) : 

That dress is beautiful - I love the detailing (Is it lemon too?) I really like the simple femininity of this look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Must say,she really dresses elegantly-has her very own style.She is so slim and chic and her hair looks fine.The tan is the only thing that´s worrying me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

WOW.
About how tall would you say she is, Sart?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

Damn, mama! Now that's too hot!

I gushed over that first picture when you posted it way back when but this one is equally as stunning.

Ridiculous.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:14 PM) : 

she wins on the how to be sexy front.

 

Blogger Mysterious Creature said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Beautiful lady! I fell in love with the second look. I suspect this trench coat is by Lanvin? Love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 PM) : 

What a chic, beautiful woman. Love, love, love her style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:29 PM) : 

She is incredibly stylish ... the epitome of style and class. Her figure helps a lot, her handsome face is a huge plus but it is her amazing sense of style that is unique.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:34 PM) : 

She has a beautiful face and great taste, but she is frighteningly thin. I'm sorry, but I find this a little disturbing.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (4:38 PM) : 

She such feminine style. Both looks are beautiful!

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (4:39 PM) : 

wow, precisely the same hem length. it's such an achievement to know what works on you. she's great. nice lindy bag too - did she have a purse today?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:58 PM) : 

Possibly one of the best dressed journalists on the planet? I love the classier version of fishnet hose in the fall shot. Gorgeous legs--wish I had legs like that.

 

Blogger K said ... (5:04 PM) : 

her shoes are GORGEOUS...i must have it!

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (5:04 PM) : 

I never get comments that a subject should stop eating a sandwich

but people seem to feel comfortable telling someone to start eating a sandwich

comments regarding a subjects weight will not be posted on this blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 PM) : 

Sart,

Is she related to Matteo Marzotto,
the CEO of Valentino and a Sart
favorite?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Sart,
I'm so glad you found this woman again. She is a classic and my favorite person you've photographed for the blog. Hope you see her again sometime.

 

Blogger MacGuffin said ... (6:12 PM) : 

What timeless elegance and tall, wow.

 

Blogger TLC said ... (6:22 PM) : 

Stunning! She could quit her job as a journalist as she has a full time job making the rest of us feel inadequate. :) Absolutely lovely, Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 PM) : 

I'd say she is such a handsome woman. looks so strong for 'beautiful'.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:42 PM) : 

I too noticed the hemline. Spot on! The tonality also flatters her. Also, I love the detail in the bust as an alternstive to today's tent dresses. Such confidence is wonderful to see.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 PM) : 

I like that she looks both strong—long arms and large hands—and feminine. I like the way the ridges make the fitted dress more forgiving & the short boxy top is just right: I have seen this shape used to good effect on petite women too.

 

Blogger Jen P. said ... (8:13 PM) : 

It is nice to see a lady professional with a mane of beautiful hair...short hair is always chic but theres no 'rule' you have to go short...brava

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 PM) : 

Simply elegant x 2.

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (9:05 PM) : 

My goodness, her muscles are well-toned.. I couldn't help but that's what struck me first.. By the way, I love her summery dress.. particularly the cut and the details..

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (9:09 PM) : 

love picture #2...those fishnets! and the trench...

 

Blogger FeiraChic said ... (9:11 PM) : 

It looks beautiful the way she matches all the colors: hair, skin, dress, and the yellow-lime jacket!

 

Blogger matt williams said ... (9:27 PM) : 

This woman is probaly chic every day and how lucky is she to be so tall and have such small feet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 PM) : 

Wow--what a knockout.

 

Blogger Tereneh Idia said ... (9:50 PM) : 

Fantastic, I love how each outfit in the two images invoke the seasons they were taken. The lushness to come from winter to spring and then the vibrant burst from spring to summer. Lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:04 PM) : 

I believe it was Coco Chanel who said that a hemline just above the kneecap is the most flattering length. Am I right to cite this, fashion scholars?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 PM) : 

she have a nice body, and so the both clothes dressed her well, as you said "a woman for all seasons"

loved it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM) : 

Dearest Sart,I love your comments re: sandwich eating, etc. Thank you for voicing this social inequity so elegantly, leaving everyone's sensibilities intact. A true diplomat, sir.

As for this lady, she is just that--a lady. I have great admiration for her style and her immense individuality. As always, xoxoxo

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (11:46 PM) : 

I love the dress and the little sweater, especially the color and the length of it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:06 AM) : 

those legs ... mama mia!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:37 AM) : 

She looks very ladylike (getting to be a rarity these days) AND stylish AND age appropriate AND chic. Both outfits are very flattering to her proportions (fashionably slender but still healthy looking in my opinion) Most of all she looks confident and comfortable. Gold star!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:06 AM) : 

Stunning. Captivating. Where can I find a woman like her at my age?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 AM) : 

Seems to perfect in her choice of colours-brigther matching her tanned skin in summer, darker for fall/winter. leaves a great impression.

 

Blogger Philippine said ... (3:55 AM) : 

She is exactly the type of elegant woman I'd like to be when I am a woman! thank you for showing us all these looks really inspiring, your blog is really cool.

 

Blogger Diana said ... (4:30 AM) : 

beyond the fact she looks great in both outfits, I am rather curious how old she can be. I guess around (perhaps over) 40.
She looks great!!! It seems that she takes care of her body. Looking at the pics, I honestly say If now i would have got overweight, I would stop eat my sandwich! Respect on such ladies!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 AM) : 

I appreciate that you would rather comments about weight not be posted. That is a sensible idea on many a level. (Even if I didn't approve, it would be your perogative regardless!) But perhaps you could please show some photos of larger men and women from time to time (would be truly revolutionary to treat them as any other photo and not mention that loaded phrase "plus-size" or even "real women"!). I would like to see if stylish outfits are possible for all different body shapes.

I don't mind if you don't want this comment posted, but please could you consider the suggestion? You seem a very thoughtful person so I am hoping you will carefully consider the matter.

Many thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

I really love her "winter oufit".
And the hair is very cool, so fluffy :)

 

Blogger glamour girly said ... (9:18 AM) : 

She's beautiful, and I especially love the yellow cardigan and pointy-toed shoes. Fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

Those legs! She must have been a dancer at some point. Such a beautiful figure. Absolutely stunning woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

Dear god, when I grow up, I want to be like Albertina...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

She looks stunning but is this the same photo that was posted before?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 AM) : 

Other posters have got it right --elegant, feminine, and yet also strong. The shoes are also beautiful! I love metallic shoes-- I hope they stay in style for a long while still. and I like how these match her bracelets.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Great style. For the question on the relation to Matteo Marzotto, I think she's the wife of Gaetano, one of Matteo's cousins.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Great style and great pictures. For the comment about the relation to Matteo Marzotto, I think she's the wife of gaetano, one of his cousins.

 

Blogger G said ... (11:15 AM) : 

This lady kills, really. I fell in love with her look when you posted the first photo, and I've fallen in love again. She is my inspiration to get my sartorial act together!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

For someone who looks approximately my mother's age, she dress exceptionally well.

 

Blogger lewehrman said ... (1:29 PM) : 

Bravo for the editing unnecessary and downright rude comments! This blog, as I understand it, is about a celebration of individual style as you see it and then in turn sharing it with us.

It just so happens that you have an amazing eye that so many of us enjoy seeing and discussing in a respectful manner.

This woman was fantastic the first time we saw her and seeing her now shows that we didn't just see her on her one good day.

Every day is good for her.

Very Charlotte Rampling!

 

Blogger blushing apples said ... (2:05 PM) : 

she is so beautiful

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 PM) : 

Opinions please...

As a twenty-two year old I am wondering if this kind of styling can work for someone my age, or am I going to have to wait a few more years to be able to pull off such a look?

I am so captivated by this lady...now and when you posted the first photo of her. It can't be rude to stare in this case!

 

Blogger Sile Convery said ... (1:36 AM) : 

I am sorry but I think this lovely woman looks frightful in the yellow bolero and that beige dress. Neither the color(s) nor the styles suit her. She looks great in the second pic however.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 AM) : 

Albertina Marzotto is the wife of Gaetano Marzotto, has three children and had worked with his husband for a while in the past. Last year she gave lectures on design and fashion at the University of Venice. The organizators of the event presented her as "a goddess of style".
This says a lot, I think.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 AM) : 

As a woman in this age range, I find her clothes inspiring and beautiful. I love that she has her style down pat--and knows how to translate that from season to season. Beautiful!
Marline

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 PM) : 

....shes just perfect.

 

Blogger Sara said ... (6:54 AM) : 

she's really smart. I really like her elegant style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 PM) : 

I admire this woman's style, but I do not like the latest outfit as well as the first. It is the color and somehow the cleavage/neckline is not so flattering. Maybe too round or something. She's still fabulous nontheless.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (7:49 AM) : 

She's great! Do I remember correctly that you had shot her last season too?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:25 PM) : 

she got style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 AM) : 

such a beautiful personalized combination of elements. very sexy. she is just great.

 

Blogger aeon? said ... (3:00 PM) : 

SHARP.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

I wanna be as chic as she is when I'm her age! Which I'd assume she's over 45.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Thank you Scott for editing comments on people's weight. As a small French girl living in the States, I am exposed to those all the time. They can be very offensive and hurtful.

 

Blogger I'm Crackerjack said ... (3:05 AM) : 

wow. speechless. amazing.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting