This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Marni p.2

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, June 30, 2007

At Marni p.2

Comments on "At Marni p.2"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 AM) : 

Eeeehhhh??? Bag lady? (I hope...)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:23 AM) : 

perhaps without the pants...that glorious colour of the dress!...could stand alone..and along come CHECKS..somehow or other visually awkward...

Sart, I love the surprises you gift us

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 AM) : 

She looks a lot like the editor in chief of italian fashion magazine "velvet".....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:38 AM) : 

Michela Gattermayer!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

this lady looks marvelous. you capture the best eccentrically stylish pictures! (i'm remembering the seriously stylish milanese lady from last year who wore black socks & birkenstocks.) & the little bit of blue paper in the window! perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

she lost me from the ankles down.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Subversive!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 AM) : 

is she michela gattermayer, an Italian journalist? she should be the director of velvet. isn't it right?

 

Blogger Alex Tarling said ... (12:24 PM) : 

I love this look, the colours, the amazing shape of the dress/top being half tucked in. It's so personal and comfortable looking.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Wow! She's fearless. Love the shorts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

This registers as a "don't" to me -- the straggly hair, unflattering proportions of the top and loud plaid bermudas, fringe-laden designer bag, and Birkenstocks...no, no, no! The Marni look is not for everyone.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

This photo symbolizes the courage it takes to simply be yourself!
I am looking forward to reading the comments that will be posted about this one, but I for one love the top, the shorts, the bag and the shoes. It just would never have occurred to me to wear them all together!

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (1:50 PM) : 

I don't get it.

 

Blogger Miriam said ... (2:05 PM) : 

Those colors and proportions are perfect. And she's quirky cool rather than quirky weird.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:07 PM) : 

those sandals are a travesty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

Leaves me a little speachless. Daring combination. The colours are great, but I am not certain about the shoes. Still I am sure she draws attention.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

One vote to 'i don't get it'.
Is this look supposed to be praised (or not)??

I don't know how I feel about her outfit but her hair-style is definetely no.no.no..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:42 PM) : 

i dont like how she has combined the pieces together. i like the top, but with those pants and especially those shoes she looks like she was going to some hiking trip and than forgot to change. And I dont even mention the bag.

 

Blogger art kids said ... (8:29 PM) : 

i like everything except the sandals, which kill the look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 PM) : 

Dear Sart,

I am a regular visitor of sartorialist.com, but I have never seen something that tasteless on your website (just have a look at her "shoes"). How come?

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (10:37 PM) : 

I like that she tugged her dress in her capri pants (on purpose, I hope) to show it off. The colors are amazing.

I don't get the shoes though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 PM) : 

i think this might just be my favorite outfit on the site so far.

 

Blogger Carol Diehl said ... (11:19 PM) : 

Following your selections has definitely made me more observant of style, and the fact that I don't always understand what you're getting at just proves how hard it is, how much care it takes, to be really well-presented. They also demonstrate the importance of a well-proportioned body, good posture, and a great smile. After that, style is just the icing on the cake.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 PM) : 

I L-O-V-E HER!AMAZING!!!

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (11:25 PM) : 

Fun, eccentric, and I have to admire a woman who isn't afraid to wear comfortable shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 PM) : 

I believe she'd look a lot better with a proper bra.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 AM) : 

fearless and blind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 AM) : 

i feel like she woke up in the morning and said, i want to wear this dress AND these shorts -- how do i make that happen. i love it, because that's how i like to dress myself. personally, i would do the hair very short and where some thin brown flip flops,. but, she see seems to be doing her own thing and i appreciate that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 AM) : 

an eye for combining colour, texture and especially shape and form

 

Blogger PAULO said ... (3:05 AM) : 

If anything I am loving the eccentricity of her look. The style is very personal and she very wells "owns" it...a very simple concept but actually very difficult to achieve.

And I love the bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:37 AM) : 

i TOTALLY LOVE this look! so freakin' original, real, etc. except... and i usually don't have excepts... but i SO just wish the rest of the dress was tucked in at the waist. i know it would make her waistline lumpy but still... it's just bothering me, the way it is in the back. but i love everything else - the sandals, the bag, the stripey pants, the hair, everything!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 AM) : 

Love her. She looks like herself, which may not be fashionable in the conventional sense, but only because she's not trying to be conventional. She's outstanding. I get the sense that she's beautiful, smart, confident, eccentric... all at once. Notice the details of her amazing bag, red lipstick, and immaculately painted nails. How can anyone confuse her to be tasteless or a bag lady is beyond me. You know that she plans her appearance each day as if she's writing poetry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 AM) : 

please stalk her - i want to know what she wears tomorrow!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 AM) : 

How wonderfully sacrilegious she is!! Look at that face - she knows exactly what she's doing & she's enjoying it enormously. I'm sure she's imagining all those gasps of horror and outrage. Now there's the confidence of age.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 AM) : 

Dear Anon 10.08am
You are thinking of the photo of Sart's photo of Carla Sozzani at Miu Miu Friday July 14 2006? I wonder if this is a conspiracy between Ms Gattermayer and Ms Sozzani?!

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (10:04 AM) : 

i love it i love it i love it i love it.

no, i wouldn't wear those sandals, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't. i love that she did. i love that i see a person behind/inside/through this outfit.

i love it i love it i love it i love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 AM) : 

It's not fair...fashion journalists can get away with anything!The shoes are hideous!

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (2:28 AM) : 

I too think that a smile like this changes the outfit - the way an oven turns something inedible into something you want to have more of. My favorite post subjects are those who dress inventively to express mirth.

My first thought is that she was asked by Sart to tuck in the dress (kind of like Doc Severison showing the lining Pah-DUM!) Now I don't know. Well? Do tell!

Also thought think she is smuggling some rockin but not cobblestone-freindly shoes in that bag. I often carry a pair of Birks when I have to run tons of errands between work and dinner. If she has foot issues, that's smart - though, granted -there are cooler Birk styles.

 

Blogger londondog said ... (6:58 AM) : 

Too much Birkenstock for me in this look. I don't just mean the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:02 AM) : 

Isn´t this the odd Prada bag she is carrying. With her hair hanging the bag finally makes sense.

 

Blogger Nesle Baghdasarian said ... (1:56 PM) : 

WHO IS SHE? WHAT DOES SHE DO?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:51 PM) : 

i love that you took this picture sart!
while my first reaction was eww, the more i looked at it the more aspects of her outfit became apparent. such inspiration!

i feel like she is truely stylish with a strong sense of self, not like some of the anorexic, tanned, fashion victims that occasionally find their way onto this site.

 

Blogger Kristina said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Individually, I like all these pieces. But admit it, if y'all saw this woman in a Wal-mart, you'd think she looked like a hobo. Still, I do admire her ability to be enthusiastic about herself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 AM) : 

I've been wearing shorts under slightly longer dresses all summer, with sometimes just a peek of contrasting shorts showing below the hemline. So comfortable and easy plus you don't have to worry about those odd gusts of wind. I think her's is a very spirited, self-confident look.

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (1:06 AM) : 

I understand that she's subversive and all and I get the purple dress 'slightly' tucked into the pants, I actually like the contrast they make, but please do something about the hair..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Lovely! Perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

Oh, how I love that she doesn't care what you or I think, yet, I get it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 AM) : 

it's a test,right,sart?!you almost had me for a moment there.phew!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 AM) : 

gosh, those shoes are ghastly

 

Anonymous raina said ... (11:21 AM) : 

i loooove this one i love how her hair is done, how she smiles, how the pants and the dress matches and how the top is tucked in. I also love how the background matches i wonder how the outfit would look when its windy
-the same person who says when igrow up

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting