This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Bottega Veneta, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, June 25, 2007

At Bottega Veneta, Milano

Comments on "At Bottega Veneta, Milano"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:54 AM) : 

I've never seen shorts pulled off with such panache. And by the way, as you're in Italy, what do you think of Lapo Elkann? He's been called the best-dressed man in the world; I can't remember if you've ever done a bit about him or not. It seems like you'd have an opinion.

 

Blogger PAULO said ... (3:55 AM) : 

I love the look. The fabric looks very exquisite even just by looking at the photo.

 

Blogger MacGuffin said ... (6:35 AM) : 

I bow to your superior fashion knowledge but short dress pants or dress shorts just look wrong to me. Maybe if the shorts and jacket weren't matching fabric?

 

Blogger Cheryl said ... (6:37 AM) : 

Nice find.

 

Blogger Sentir said ... (6:59 AM) : 

It seems (since he is wearing shorts and from what others are wearing) that it was a warm day. While the outfit seems well-put together, I am guessing (from the way it looks) that it's not natural fiber.

That kind of defeats the purpose of wearing the shorts to cool down! Unless of course that it was for show, then the outfit gets an 8.5.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:12 AM) : 

Hey, Mr. Sartorialist!

Let me tell you that I've always liked this looks. My father has very old snapshot dressed like this man. IN Brazil this look was originally used by young boy, when adults they started using slacks!
Cool post!
Congrats!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 AM) : 

A great example of American style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 AM) : 

BEYOND COOL! But it is his nonchalance that made it work

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 AM) : 

Angus Young from AC/DC wants his clothes back.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:36 AM) : 

Fantastic! Sharp and simple - always best!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:10 AM) : 

and i love the moleskine accessory

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 AM) : 

great look for summer

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 AM) : 

This is the second time I've seen a photograph of a shorted suit! The ex-journo in me is now unconsciously looking for a third so that I can mentally declare it a trend. Although I think the wearer might find it difficult to overcome the Angus Young factor, I can't help but like this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

How do you say: Dee-lovely?! I am really into the suit right now and the way this one is worn so casually, really does it for me!

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (10:21 AM) : 

i can't wait for the women's RTW shows to begin...all these men in suits is quite boring!

(photos from RTW are always more fun to look at...don't get me wrong...i love a man in an impecable suit...)

 

Blogger OTC said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Great outfit; very creative. It's hard for men to pull off that sort of shorts/suit look, but this is an excellent example of how it can work.

He does not look like a school boy or someone wearing business casual from Bermuda. The outfit is casually sophisticated and comfortable at the same time. What make it well-balanced are the shoes. I can't tell from this pic exactly what kind they are, but I recently bought a pair of Tsubos, the Rhod model. They are similar to the ones pictured in that they’re neither too causal nor too dressy.

All in all, another great find.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (10:57 AM) : 

I love the jacket & shorts combo. Totally summer and cool.

 

Blogger Jingoist said ... (10:59 AM) : 

I really like the contrast of the tailored suit and shorts versus the vans sneakers.

I'm not sold on the ill-fitting shirt though; Could be the belt causing the bunching.

I do think it's smart he went sans pocket square though- save that for suit/semi-formal look while the lack of it here helps brings symmetry to the sneakers/informal look.

 

Blogger Jingoist said ... (11:04 AM) : 

P.S. The guy on the left has the perfect fitting polo... at the waist in the front, slightly longer tails in the back to go with jeans that have just enough break in them. That guy is taller, so it is tough to pull that off just right without the polo looking dorky for looking like it shrank at the cleaners or the pants have too much material.

 

Blogger benson said ... (11:33 AM) : 

I've said it before...love legs in summertime and mens are no exception! I like this...not a lot of men in my area could pull this off but this man looks polished, cool, and put together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

when did they change the rule that men above 25 are not supposed to wear shorts apart from the beach? the loss of dignity and attractiveness is immense.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

I would never imagine cropped pants to look that stylish. He carries it so well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 PM) : 

The tennis shoes blow. Other than that, I'm all for it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

MY HERO! I have yet to see the short and jacket combo at work in LA. I guess I will just live vicariously through you, Sart. As usual, the italians always come through. Baby, they're the best!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:38 PM) : 

I think a hurrah is in order for a short suit done right!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

I adore this look! I just wish I had the guts to pull this off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:19 PM) : 

i love the combination of the lace ups and shorts. a really fresh look.

x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

Um... not my favorite look. It's too Ellen, or something.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 PM) : 

Like Elvis' Graceland - formal above, party down below.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:29 PM) : 

It helps to have nice legs too and he does . . .

 

Blogger Berkelycole said ... (6:35 PM) : 

its almost there for me...trous and coat work cut wise really nicely...but something about the shoes bug me...certainly not that they are tennis shoes - but the laces look long and seeing the sock top bites...as cliched (yet classic) as they have become I would rather see Chuck Taylor's or Jack Purcell's...or even better cap or wing shoes NO SOCKS for real!!!

 

Blogger anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

Wow. Really beautiful style. It's about casual strength - and he pulls it off quite well.

 

Blogger The Vintagent said ... (7:42 PM) : 

I'm not a big fan of shorts suits, but this one works for me. Perhaps the muted color helps, as with pastels or whites this look tends towards boyish. I think he could have worn nice slip-ons instead of sneakers (btw he IS wearing socks), but his shoes work fine. The rumpled shirt and open collar help keep the look casual - he would look ridiculous with a pocket square and/or tie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 PM) : 

Not really my cup of tea. I think it looks too forced and precious for its own good. The quality of the clothes is nice, but, I don't find it flattering.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:18 PM) : 

While I like the look overall (reminds me a bit of DSquared), I ain't down with the whole floppy shoelaces.

 

Blogger Three Repute said ... (11:29 PM) : 

now that is how it's done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 PM) : 

on the whole, this is carried off well --- perhaps a better fitting shirt? or a different color AND better fitting?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 AM) : 

Were you on a set of stairs when you took this picture, Sart?

If not, then this gentleman is of a shorter stature and, IMO, doesn't suit this suit.

If so, then great playing up of the angles.

mltt

 

Blogger Philippine said ... (10:34 AM) : 

THIS is really cool!

 

Blogger José said ... (2:16 PM) : 

Awesome. If only I could get my Boyfriend to try those shorts on for size!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 PM) : 

GREAT SHOES!!!!
got these for about 8$ here in vienna---and you can combine them with everything

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:53 PM) : 

well played Bruce, chic and comfortable as always.
looks great!

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (9:26 PM) : 

Love the look, with the short pantsuit(??) matched a pair of sneakers.. but I had to say he has great legs for a guy too.. ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

I always thought somebody could pull off a blazer with shorts--great choice!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:41 PM) : 

This length is so good; on girls, too. I think people don't realize how much this length, many times, seriously flatters the calfs

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Does anyone know who makes a suit like that? It's the perfect length (jacket and shorts)!

 

Anonymous James said ... (5:01 AM) : 

Wow! that look really COOL... That blazer with that shorts look a great combination. Lets try that look this time. Thanks guys, i like your post and this is really helpful for me. You have solved my problem on what (clothes) to be worn this time at my cousins party. I am gonna make them so jealous.. Great! it makes me feel so happy. I am gonna enjoy this alot

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting