This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Salone del Mobile, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, April 27, 2007

On the Street.....Salone del Mobile, Milano

Comments on "On the Street.....Salone del Mobile, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

I wonder how many of the people you photograph know of your blog? They almost all look very comfortable in front of the camera. Do you take a lot of photos of a person, I wonder, and choose the most flattering?

 

Blogger Dave said ... (6:29 PM) : 

God?

 

Blogger Bobby Breidholt said ... (6:29 PM) : 

LOVE the glasses!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:20 PM) : 

heeeeeee!!! he makes me happy. It should be stupid but I think he's fun!

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (8:23 PM) : 

This is the perfect example of why I hate linen suits. Regardless of how careful you are, they always look like you slept in them.

Love the glasses though. Totally eclectic. Is he an architect?

 

Blogger Carissa Duhamel said ... (8:47 PM) : 

I'm in love with this man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 PM) : 

Divinely dapper! Love the sunglasses.

 

Blogger me said ... (9:55 PM) : 

oh snap!

i love this.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (10:36 PM) : 

Here we get into the issue of dressing one's age--or not.

I have no problem with all-white, nor with the individual pieces--except the glasses, which are, let's say, ill-considered--but all of them on this gent equal to much trying, and too young.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 PM) : 

The glasses, of course, make this man looked tripped out and bizarre.

Otherwise, ultimately I'm a traditionalist when it comes to the all white outfit: it's still too early in the season.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 PM) : 

gerri: is he a magician?

 

Blogger Miss Shades said ... (11:59 PM) : 

WOW! love. those. shades!
8-D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 AM) : 

A constant inspiration - thankyou

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 AM) : 

love the irreverence :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 AM) : 

Heehee, those glasses. He must have a wonderful sense of humor.

 

Blogger ojhofer said ... (1:00 AM) : 

White on white on white on white, plus yolk ocular accent equals peak of summer chic. I particularly enjoy the texture of his crumpled linen jacket and pants. Stylish man, he is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 AM) : 

My god, for a moment I thought that was Alessandro Mendini, unshaven.

After the title but before the page had loaded past his nose I could hear the Salone. In my experience, there is always such a marked difference between the clothing paradigms of product or interior designers and the fashionista, garmento or simply clothing oriented crowd. Generally, only product and interior designers are seen wearing colors, materials or fabrics you may have only associated with window coverings or the latest whimsical kitchen appliances. Look around at the next gift show or industrial design event, I very nearly guarantee you'll see someone wearing a garment made from fabric possibly intended for an armchair.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (1:37 AM) : 

to Anon 6:17
i think people look comfortable because i work quickly before they have a chance to tense up.
before i stop them i pretty much have the shot laid out in mind head and the dials set on the camera so i take three or four shots and done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 AM) : 

Trying too hard.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:08 AM) : 

I like his style, which makes me think that in his previous life he has been living in India. His glasses are fun and so much more valuable than any fashionable latest this season frames. Perhaps he bought them from a skiing resort 10 years ago. See you again in India, next time!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:46 AM) : 

Gees some of these comments are soooo judgemental re: trying to hard and not dressing one's age. Do you know these things a) without knowing this person and b) whose social norms are they?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:22 AM) : 

I think this might be a western interpretation of the Gandhi look - round glasses, shaven head, lots of white linen. Except he's probably an architect or something rather than an inspirational political figure....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:38 AM) : 

somehow, he reminds me of jean reno (as he was in his movie le grand bleue), only 20 years older ;) must be the glasses

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

nyc modelista

This is the perfect example of why I love linen suits. Linen is meant to look this way. It has its own look which speaks to itself in a flaunting way. It says I'm linen, I know I look like this, this is the way linen is meant to look. You shouldn't ask linen to look like polyesther and never show a wrinkle. That's not linen's personality. Let the cloth speak for itself. I think it's great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 PM) : 

This shot really does prove that if you believe in it you can carry it off. These shades are fabulous but once again you have to have the inate confidence to wear them.

 

Blogger jess said ... (8:05 PM) : 

I am awestruck...I haven't been on your blog in a week or two and I am amazed at all your new pictures. This man is stunning, I love the yellow glasses and when men wear all white and look good!

 

Blogger Kits said ... (2:08 AM) : 

I totally love the glasses

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 AM) : 

I can't stand linen. I've never seen it look good on anybody.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting