This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....New Trad, Chelsea

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, April 05, 2007

On the Street.....New Trad, Chelsea

Comments on "On the Street.....New Trad, Chelsea"

 

Blogger Alessandra said ... (10:21 AM) : 

I can't even tell why, but I loved, loved, loved this look. It's just... playfull, but without being sarcastic. I've never seen this mix so nicely done.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:42 AM) : 

He's adorable! Love the way all those fabrics, textures and colours look together - he looks great! And the shoes, the shoes!!

 

Blogger imightbechad said ... (10:46 AM) : 

Excellent. The only thing that's not working for me is the "yellowish" (?) color of the shirt. But the saddle shoes and the large break are fantastic!

I've been looking for a hat like that for years...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

This guy pulls off a look that's totally his own.
Saddle shoes, plaid vest, gold buttoned gray blazer, maroon color tie and the tie clip...
And the confidence gaze completes the look.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (10:55 AM) : 

This is great, especially the saddle shoes with red contrast.

Would only, maybe, ditch the hat, which--though it looks more "authentic" than most--is still too cliched.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (11:21 AM) : 

Amusing combination on the guy.

BTW, if you are wearing a suit and a baseball cap, it just means you are bald and you're trying to cover it up.

 

Blogger Ben B said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Sorry but I'm just not buying this one. He doesn't seem to be "wearing" the outfit. He has some clothes on but the outfit isn't coming together for me.

 

Blogger thwany said ... (12:40 PM) : 

wow, this guy is awesome

 

Blogger Allison said ... (2:07 PM) : 

flawless!

 

Blogger Decorno said ... (2:21 PM) : 

Yummy. What a strange mix of geek & hotness. I can see by the way he's looking at me that he wants me.

 

Blogger hannah said ... (2:27 PM) : 

love the whole outfit, but the shoes are fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:39 PM) : 

oh my gosh! first off, he's wearing buster browns ( i didn't even know they had those for adults!), in red nonetheless. his jeans look like the most perfect vintage levis...love his hat and the vest with the blazer. he looks great...like a real life Norman Rockwell character.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:49 PM) : 

Reminds me of the band, Cheap Trick.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

Gotta love the shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

I can't get "Justin Timberlake" out of my mind.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:18 PM) : 

Wow, he represents NY so well. From the facial expression all the way down to the shoes. Nice shot.

 

Blogger Jessorz said ... (4:39 PM) : 

Those shoes really set the outfit off, I think.

 

Blogger Jessorz said ... (4:40 PM) : 

I think those shoes really set the outfit off. Great photo.

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (4:50 PM) : 

This reminds me of Ducky from Pretty in Pink

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

love the shoes! anyone know who makes them?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 PM) : 

It's tough for a guy to wear saddle shoes...red ones, mind you. Someone is always going to ask you why you have your golf shoes on. When I wore them (black/whites) back in small town Iowa I got nothing but compliments on them, but now out east I get laughed at.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 PM) : 

More like arrested development to me ;-)

haapi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 PM) : 

i <3 his shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 PM) : 

I love how the reds (Shoes, Fire Hydrant and Tie) make your eyes dance around the photo. Wonderful shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

This kind of matchings does not bring to any place; a pot-pourri that is not inspired by an unifying idea capable of giving a pleasant result. Such suggestions in my opinion should be carefully avoided.

Angelo

 

Blogger Charlé said ... (6:03 PM) : 

love it! love the shoes. love the hat. love the short pants. altogether this look is so young.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (6:52 PM) : 

hm....there's something about that cap...he should lose it, because the outfit is awsome...except for that NY cap.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 PM) : 

He's a genius, NY cap included. I agree with Alessandra: playful w/o being sarcastic. Love it. If I met him, I'd be isntantly smitten. I'd buy him a drink in a heart beat.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (8:32 PM) : 

Above all else, this is a wonderful photo. It makes me want to know who this person is; how is it he looks like he could beat me up and/or quote Shakespeare and/or be a rap star.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:02 PM) : 

i love this guy. the shoes, especially, but also that he's sort of a compact little guy carrying off such a smart look.

 

Blogger Joel said ... (12:58 AM) : 

I'm tired of jeans. They're an aberration and not particularly handsome. Everybody is wearing jeans with tailored things above the waist. Time to move on (or back whence we came)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 AM) : 

haha, perfect!

 

Blogger Arsheen said ... (6:49 AM) : 

love the photos, the blank whiteness behind brings the outfit and the person (wearing it) out more

 

Blogger Bel said ... (7:02 AM) : 

Whether it's work or play, he's ready! I especially love the shoes. But tell us Sart, was he peeved at you taking the photo? He just doesn't look that into it...and doesn't appear to have stopped walking. What's the story?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

It is interesting to confirm that people will always have different points of view. I mean, the "love it" or "hate it" kind of thing...
And it is even more interesting that probably some poeple like the way he looks just because you posted the picture Sart...Maybe they wouldn't notice a person like that guy walking down the street, but because the pic is here, they think he looks perfect!!! Sart, with great power comes great responsibility...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Interesting mix: the torso is all grown up and even a little stuffy, and the rest of the outfit has a juvie retro flavor. Like he saw a snapshot of his Dad and granddad in the 50s and cut it in half and switched their legs & heads and made an outfit. He's also got a little scruffy facial hair contrasting with the clean & innocent cap. Still, I have to love it. I want those shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

Love to hear all the positive comments... kinda strange for New Yorkers to be all complimentary....
I got linked here because the photo is Mark McNairy,
the Design Director for the revamp of the J. Press line and a business associate of mine. He always looks great... EXXXCELLENT style Mr. McNairy...keep it up.

and to the 'NYC MODELISTA' (ridiculous title)... Mr McNairy has extra tall hair...he's not hiding baldness the cap is cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

That man reminds me of the 1989 movie "The Dream Team" starring Michael Keaton. Which is about a group of mental patients who go on a field trip to New York.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:33 PM) : 

Why can't I stop singing:
Don't be so quick to walk away (Dance with me)
I wanna rock your body, please stay (Dance with me)
You don't have to admit you wanna play (Dance with me)
Just let me rock you till the break of day (Dance with
me)

 

Blogger Daniel said ... (3:59 AM) : 

Please leave the hat behind. But the shoes are wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:00 PM) : 

What I love is the location, almost directly in front of my barber shop and in my hood. All about location, location, location.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

I wonder what's in the bag?

From this angle it looks like a LP...

-- desertwind

 

Blogger ad said ... (12:50 PM) : 

very very nice! he seems like a good editor of his own style !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:06 PM) : 

wow this picture is like totally amazing i really think this is a look for you. you can so pull it off ah im going crazy just looking at you rocking those red shoes SO FREAKIN HOT ahhh if my boyfriend could pull off that outfit i would be SO HAPPY <3 ps
youre my idol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:46 PM) : 

I saw this pic. and thought "hmmm... this guy looks familiar..." I racked my brain and realized that about 15 years ago, he and his wife Antoinette designed a women's clothing line called "finis" and I used to go to their apartment (which was also their showroom) to view their new collections each season (I was a fashion market editor at the time)
Then i saw the comment from the person who id'd him as a colleague at J. Press and realized I was correct. I'm happy to hear he's still working in fashion. I remember him as a very creative, cool but scruffy-looking guy. Looks like he's exactly the same (though way more spiffy!)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting