This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Munich, Germany

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, April 26, 2007

On the Street.....Munich, Germany

I love how this woman (who is not a teenager) can wear a young-ish look and not make it seem like she is trying to look too young.

Comments on "On the Street.....Munich, Germany"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 AM) : 

oh I am all xcited! u are in Munich!!! Maybe I see you while u r here ♥
Just yesterday I saw a girl's back and thought her outfit was very fresh and cool. as i was walking past, I saw she must have been a 40-sth. woman but it nevertheless looked so good and she also did not look like she was trying to look young but she did! it was stunning!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 AM) : 

i love her hair

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 AM) : 

that's what german ppl do! u will see many of them in berlin sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 AM) : 

I love the sailor button detail on her skinny jeans. I want a pair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 AM) : 

The jeans are amnazing; her hair is incredible; she's very sexy.

But her atitude also wins me. Ilike her, er' stand-out physical beauty too.

Her great figure helps the whole 'look'.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:21 AM) : 

Your first picture from Germany -- it makes me smile, it's so nice to have you around!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 AM) : 

...she's fresh and perfect...

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (6:29 AM) : 

Great haircut and love the sailor-style skinnies.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 AM) : 

Why don't more women dress like this? Especially as it's so simple!

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (8:06 AM) : 

great pic! great style. love her comfort (in her clothes and with her body).
wonderful hair!
i love pics that make me sort of look forward to reaching "that age".
thanks.

 

Blogger John and Beatrice said ... (8:39 AM) : 

What a terrific fresh look for a young lady in her 40s! A true celebration that the term "youth" has little to do with the number of candles on one's birthday cake. And nice choice on footwear. It's nice to see that the epidemic of flip-flops that has struck New York may not have fully reached Germany.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (9:22 AM) : 

Well it helps if you look too young for your age!

 

Blogger will anderson said ... (9:24 AM) : 

that's a really good call on her pushing the age appropriate look. she does it with ease. a graphic tee and some chuck taylors...and i would have been rolling my eyes. but she is quite nice.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (9:30 AM) : 

She has a great atitude, she looks so good with what she is wearing. Love the pants!

 

Blogger Iwantajobinfashion said ... (9:41 AM) : 

Willkommen to germany, Sart! I will watch out for you! CAn't wait to hear what you think of Berlin's style.
XOXO

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:52 AM) : 

She does look great. I like the three button detail on the trousers too - draws your attention to her shape. More often than not, I prefer a simple, clean look. She's got it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

She looks totally comfortable in her own skin, which is always beautiful (not to mention sexy).

www.thefashioninformer.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Love the casual style. She seems comfortable yet a total hipster.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Yay, since reading girl spy's comments Re: 'Sartorialiste of the year' about women dressing too young, I've been in a quandary. I totally agreed with her and yet I don't live a lifestyle where fishnets and heels are really appropriate, fabulous though they may be. Also, I like to be comfortable.

Many thanks for showing us this fine looking lady!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

I love how your Milan subjects were all dressed up for their daytime outings--reminds me of my mother-in-law who would never answer the door in less than stockings, heels, a Davidow suit--but I don't want to do it! Thanks for showing us a great casual look as well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

She's so sexy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Yay! I've got the same build (and almost the same haircut) and that's how I dress---even down to the wrinkled t-shirt. I must be doing something right. *whew*

older babe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 PM) : 

It's the haircut.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:27 PM) : 

so simple, so clean, so right.
cool blog, thanks for all these great pics! ;)

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (9:52 PM) : 

She looks like Ali McGraw in LOVE STORY. And she looks fabulous!

Casual chic at its best.

 

Blogger elizabeth said ... (10:05 PM) : 

Its great to see a woman in comfortable shoes and not in 6 inch platforms! The jeans fit her figure beautifully, she looks so at ease. Her smooth, shiny refined haircut looks great paired with a casual yet perfectly stylish outfit!

 

Blogger THE BLUE-HYMN NOTEBOOKS said ... (3:41 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Anna said ... (5:21 AM) : 

She is absolutely perfect, the hair, the attitude, the style. You have to admit though that her body shape helps her in order to support this style. Not many women have such great bodies after a certain age and that is why they choose to dress more conservative.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 AM) : 

I don't see it...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 AM) : 

Love the jeans! I happen to know that they are by swedish brand Filippa K. You'll have to have a visit when you get to Stockholm Sart! You would like it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Very sexy! This is why I LOVE 'older' women. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

I want you to know, sart, that when I dressed today, I dressed with this photo in mind. As a sexy, confident middle-aged broad, it can be so hard to find anyone else who gets what dressing in this manner really means. In the US, women are "Deperate Housewives" "Soccer Moms" "Divorced Single Moms" "terrified of aging mom" or, as an icon of style the last century said: "mutton dressed as lamb". Women seem to dress to stereotype, as though it is a badge of honor. I find this woman refreshing and fearless, and non-stereotypical. What a relief! Middle-aged women are the sexiest! Love you, sart! xoxoxoxo, "Lady is a Tramp" PS: Of course, when I step out of the house looking great like this woman, nobody will get it, sart, but I will know and so will you. PPS: Do you know what style is where I live:

Dressed= Tee shirt, shorts and flip flops.
Well dressed= the tee shirt is CLEAN.

 

Blogger Just an Observation said ... (12:02 PM) : 

She certainly has a timeless youthful quality about her ...which I agree is very appealing and enables her to carry of this teenager look....would otherwise be a challenge for most others.

thx sar

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

she looks fabulous! and she has the body to wear those jeans.

 

Blogger groovergreen said ... (9:46 PM) : 

Most of the above comments make me quite wild. What the hell is "age appropriate"? How is a non-teenage woman supposed to dress at the weekend --- in a navy blue suit and sheer tights, for god's sake? There is nothing "too young" about what this woman is wearing; she looks casual and comfortable and has the right sort of figure for the jeans. I know heaps of women over "a certain age" --- my fit and fabulous 70-something mother included --- who scoot around happily in t-tops, casual pants and runners. Perhaps we're not so uptight about such things in Australia. Perhaps the stiff-necked rest of the Western world should follow our excellent example, and loosen up.

 

Blogger qi said ... (9:33 AM) : 

I agree with you, she is really beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 PM) : 

Yeah! Go grovergreen! This woman looks great and entirely appropriate for just about anything.I'm also of a "certain age" and I'm wearing jeans, "flip flops" (we call them thongs, if any one wants a cheap laugh)a graphic tee and a new jacket which until I read this I thought might be too "mad cat lady". I think I look quite nice, but then I'm Australian.

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (4:18 PM) : 

gosh how pretty, i love it
she is really photogenic!(sp)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 AM) : 

loving her style!

 

Blogger Hanna said ... (2:19 PM) : 

This pants or jeans, my gosh! I really would like to have a pair myself...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:47 PM) : 

How can such a casual look yet be so elegant and classy? Love the sneakers; I agree with the othe poster who feels flip-flops are so overdone. For that matter, so are chunky crosstrainers. Here in Seattle, the uniform seems to be black yoga pants and crosstrainers. It looked good the first 10,000 or so times, but enough already!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting