This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....How To Dress A Corporate Raider, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

On the Street.....How To Dress A Corporate Raider, Milan

Love the vest - so cool and fitted
I also love how slim the sleeves of his jacket are cut and the extreme cuff he is showing - it is almost aggressive.

If you are in London today check The Daily Telegraph because I think Jefferson Hack is using this photo and writing a small amount about The Sartorialist in his new menswear column " Delusions of Grandeur"

Comments on "On the Street.....How To Dress A Corporate Raider, Milan"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:53 AM) : 

I am really loving the vest!

 

Blogger DeepBlueSea said ... (3:18 AM) : 

He looks like he could take a guy down with a single manoeuvre - but he'd do it with that charming, amiable smile he's wearing in the pic.

Seriously, how cool is this man?

Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:20 AM) : 

18th century militia-ish was my initial impression when I saw this look.

 

Blogger Cut of cloth said ... (3:21 AM) : 

Wow
Uber cool
RennaissanceRetro

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 AM) : 

sim gosto do look. mas principalmente do sorriso

 

Blogger dedalo said ... (5:10 AM) : 

I frankly can't stand the totalitarian trend of wearing sporty vests over jackets, a trend born among real estate agents (you know, always going here and there to show people houses... too much of an effort to wear a coat) and now spread to every single tie-wearing-not-yet-over-45 "white collar" I see.
Please stop. if you want to wear casual just do that. Please stop it's just plainly ugly.

d

(and by the way, I only comment to criticize, but most of the time I appreciate your work, sart!)

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (5:45 AM) : 

To Splunge
the guy just got off a motorbike - it is very common for the Milanese to wear a vest or coat while riding their scooters/motorcycle. notice the helmet

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 AM) : 

I really like this look, although I'm not keen on the pocket chain (And he should be wearing lace ups!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:13 AM) : 

Somehow I find it hard to imagine that Milanese men are influenced by American realtors! I don't think so!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 AM) : 

This guy is the epitome of unstudied cool. Love the jacket, love the slightly pegged pants, and really love the long watch fob/keychain.

www.thefashioninformer.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 AM) : 

I tink he wears the vest to protect his suit-jacket from getting damaged by the belt of is bag (I recognize the problem...)during riding his motorcycle... Very cool look!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:41 AM) : 

Yes, he is almost aggressive, but in a very attractive "I'm going to rip those shoes off your feet with my bare teeth" way....! I like the jacket/vest mix, beautiful fit and a military feel.

 

Blogger Torben Scharling said ... (8:45 AM) : 

I like his extreeme wallet chain

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

I love your blog and I love the picture. They are fantastic and inspiring. But I am irked by this: "If you are in London today check The Daily Telegraph" - I know you know London is a city not a country. The Daily Telegraph is available everywhere. The Sartorialist could go to Glasgow (Scotland) and find the Telegraph, or Cardiff (Wales) and find the paper. It's even in tiny little villages all over the country. It's everywhere in the UK, not just London. Just noting!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

It's not just the fact that he's wearing a vest - it's how he wears it. He turns two pieces (the helmet and vest) that may seem "necessary" for a motorbiker into ones that serve (and I think he, in part, intends them to) as a contrast to his refined suit and hairstyle and deliciously sweet smirk. He has made fashionable what may not have been before.

-A

 

Blogger Joy Katz said ... (9:26 AM) : 

If you squint at this, it's a sort of collarless dress jacket with high pockets, partly quilted. Fantastic. Someone please make it immediately.

http://thesleeper.typepad.com/

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (10:16 AM) : 

I can't wait for this Italian style to trickle down everywhere. I know it'll come late to other places, but that just means that the style will last longer. Hooray!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 AM) : 

This is by faaaar the best pic you have ever posted. Though I'm afraid that how enourmously cool this guy is - is beyond many of us!
Cheers to people like this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

this look is awesome!!! i love everything about it, but especially that detail of the chain (or whatever it is) hanging from his pants......

and the puffy vest is so good because it's not, well, puffy...

 

Blogger Blue Floppy Hat said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Jefferson Hack is one sharply dressed man and, even though you don't turn the camera on yourself often enough, I'm fairly sure you are too :)
That man in the picture looks (there is no other word for it) cool. In a way that goes beyond hipster-ness.

 

Blogger Jingoist said ... (12:06 PM) : 

I like the extra cuff. I have my jackets tailored similarly because I like my sleeves slightly higher, which reveals more cuff. Not as extreme as this, but definitely allowing me room at the wrist.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

I could take a leaf out of this guy's book. What confidence!

Bravo!

 

Blogger Dave said ... (3:03 PM) : 

I'm with splunge. I can take it or leave it. Yawn.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 PM) : 

Many vests like that actually come as a removable lining/layer within many fashionable coats. I bought a great jacket/coat that came with a liner vest that I can often wear on its own over dress shirts. I put on a scarf and tuck it in for added appeal.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (5:06 PM) : 

Too hip to be cool for me. But he sure looks good in them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:19 PM) : 

Wow... Really great cuff... Congrats on your blog mention!! Just wanted to say how much I love your blog although I don't always have the time to comment all the time.. =)


[vogue] from vogue.wordpress.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:05 PM) : 

If the vest were a bit longer, I would say perfection. That white center of vulnerability is just ruining this look, imo.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (6:24 PM) : 

He's definitely pulling it all off, but what I have trouble with is the vest's cut; that is, with the flare/lack of closure from mid-chest down.

Why reveal this part of one's shirt? Why have so much body "unprotected" when the vest itself bespeaks rugged covering? There's a kind of conceptual-functional dissonance here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 PM) : 

I agree with those saying the jacket it too short. The white shirt showing makes me think of a belly shirt or a bra, which is not such a great thing to think of...

I am not totally impressed with this look. The vest seems to be purely functional to keep his suit jacket from flapping around on the bike and as I said, I think the vest should be at least a few inches longer-- as is looks silly like he is wearing his ski vest from when he was 12.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 AM) : 

I think if the vest had been longer his look wouldn´t be cool anymore...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 AM) : 

I am from Canada and while we may have the occassional stylish moment on the whole it is probably not something we're known for. There are lots of guys tearing around on motorbikes wearing a helmet and a vest and believe me they do not look like this fellow. Natural style and demeanor here and the skinny pants just work perfectly.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Love the vest but the rest, I΄d have to see without it to judge. Cool look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:40 AM) : 

LOVIN' IT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

he is so yummy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

What a stylish helmet! Where can I get one (besides Italy)???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 PM) : 

Hate to say it but the dude looks cool.

 

Anonymous Eli Ankutse said ... (7:30 AM) : 

The subject of our admiration himself probably put the outfit together that morning with much less consideration than those of us that analyse his creation. Such is the essence of true style.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting