This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Classic & Cool, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

On the Street.....Classic & Cool, Milan

I love seeing a guy that can do classics but still look cool and young doing it.

I think the key with this guys look is that the khakis are not cut so big in the legs - his pants were actually more jean cut. Notice also his pants are sitting higher on his waist which is often a much more flattering way to wear pants.

So many American were their jeans really low and it just accentuates a belly.


So, I am finally catching up with my shooting here in Milan. For the rest of the trip I should be posting on a pretty regular schedule.

Comments on "On the Street.....Classic & Cool, Milan"

 

Blogger Gabrielle said ... (2:24 PM) : 

Classic Italian style... neutrals and clean lines, with a beautiful shirt... niiiiiiiice...

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (2:55 PM) : 

I love man that can do that, be cool wearing a classic look! Great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

Indeeed, he does look very casual-cool, he looks very comfortable which is also attractive. I love the stitching on the inner thigh/crotch of his pants, and also the slim(er than most)fit of his khakis.

 

Blogger High Rhapsody said ... (3:26 PM) : 

smart and chic..it looks as though he walked off the runway.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

love the outfit!
enjoy your Milan trip.
eagerly awaiting the premiere of SartoriaList Woman's section.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (4:14 PM) : 

I totally agree with you. That is a perfect example of cool & classic men's wear. Totally casual yet chic. Cute guy too. That helps!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 PM) : 

But, but...he's "of a certain age" and not young.

Not that there's anything wrong with that :-)

That being said, the outfit flatters his age - whatever it may be - likely because of the pants.

Nice shot, Sart. Have fun in Milan, darhlink!

mltt

 

Blogger Butch said ... (4:56 PM) : 

I see the point; but, really, isn't this ultimately...boring? Sweaters are such a problem for men, I find. Most are made with too generous length, so one ends up with a mini-bolster around one's middle--exactly where it's not wanted.

In a better world, all men's' sweaters would hug one at the top of the hips without extra material. The solution: learn to knit or befriend someone who does...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 PM) : 

This look is very crisp and clean. Nice find!

 

Blogger Elle said ... (6:04 PM) : 

I was looking at the pictures on the site thinking they were from style.com (street style) but i'm kind of omg do u take these? and if so you are bold and brilllliaant

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 PM) : 

nice guy
Ilove the style, very casual and very classic too.

 

Blogger DeepBlueSea said ... (8:18 PM) : 

Great look! Perfect pants.
And I think the colours suit him, with his fairish complexion.
Like the hair too.

Classic but not boring! He makes it look so easy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 PM) : 

this is the best outfit i've ever seen on your site, and that's saying something. Excellent work, sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 PM) : 

BELLO!

 

Blogger that girl said ... (9:50 PM) : 

He is adorable. And the look is totally fresh and approachable , while at the sametime chic and pulled together! I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 PM) : 

I suggested my boyfriend look at this particular post for some education. He was looking for some ordinary khaki pants to wear to work. I was absolutely horrified at what was being offered at some I-love-khaki-pants outposts such as Hilfiger and RL...This pair looks great! American pants seem to be cut too wide for men.

By the way, have you considered including tags on your posts, or some other form of catalog? I like referencing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 PM) : 

I kind of agree with butch. I've spent a lot of time in Italy and, generally speaking, while people on the street there are well dressed, their style is very conservative. It isn't often I see someone who looks all that interesting. Give me London.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 PM) : 

i like these clothes... rarely (or never) does a pair of khakis stand out but i really liked these even before i read what was written below the picture... he looks good

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 AM) : 

Nice subtle look and the trousers are well cut too. Beige, blue and beige is boring when done badly but like this it is great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:47 AM) : 

May I say that all of these Italian men are absolutely gorgeous and certainly can dress-- how refreshing!

Yearning for a vacation in Italy... have had enough of this New York rain as well!

 

Blogger Tord said ... (8:51 AM) : 

In response to Butch: I agree! I dampen all of my sweaters and throw them in the dryer for a few minutes before the first wear. They shorten perfectly (although I had to learn from my mistakes how long to keep them in the dryer!)

 

Blogger alex db said ... (9:55 AM) : 

"So many American wear their jeans really low and it just accentuates a belly."


as an american college student, THANK YOU, sart. I'm going to quote you to every one of my peers who insists on wearing low rise jeans. to me, they're not only déclassé, but they're just plain unflattering!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Oh he looks just wonderful! This is my 23 year old brother's everyday style. Why can't other young American men adapt this?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

I want him! ! !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Omg marry me! So gorgeous...mmm!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 PM) : 

I think(some) American men wear their jeans and pants low because of no choice , there bellies overflow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:06 PM) : 

I need to find those pants... they're definitely classy, and I'm wondering about the fabric: it looks to be some kind of light denim blend (I think I had a similar pair years ago!). The jean-cut with forward-facing, thigh (as opposed to hip) pockets is the way to go.

 

Blogger Bel said ... (4:17 AM) : 

He looks simply delicious!

A natural!

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (10:51 AM) : 

There's something attractive about that guy :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 AM) : 

He is soooo Italy! I can't wait to go to Italy someday myself... cute guys and classic cloths...

 

Blogger Flaneur said ... (12:13 PM) : 

Italian ease. Love it! Especially the slim pants.

 

Blogger Brett Svatek said ... (2:24 PM) : 

Well put together...

 

Blogger Brett Svatek said ... (2:26 PM) : 

Sporting!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:05 PM) : 

GAP, Jcrew pay attention to these!
Man, I have been looking for some updating khakis that will give me a classic yet modern look. These are fantastic. They cut is just perfect, with a slim fitting leg that allows the shoe to stand out.Seems like in America all I find are baggy or boot cut khakis that look boring unflattering.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

GAP/JCREW pay attention!
These are fantastic.. I have been looking for some classic yet modern pants like these....
In America all I find are baggy or boot cut fit that look old and boring..

These are cut to perfection and look classic yet modern..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:10 PM) : 

Chaps & Chapesses... looking for trousers like these...

I just bought some from GANT - now a rebooted brand but with an amazing mix of US classic feel but with a European edge. I'd been looking for them for ages and hey presto I found them at GANT. Not cheap though - but amazingly well made.

To person who said men shouldn't cut their hair too short - I agree. except I am also bald(ing) too... and going grey. I htink it says to the world, 'Hey, I'm me... and happy - even at this age...'

Great post Scott. Excellent. Clean, crisp and easy... And I'm a guy of a certain age.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

Scott, do you think that the waist height observation is true for women's trousers as well? Maybe I'm just now so used to seeing low-waist trousers on women that high-waisted trousers look odd to me.

 

Blogger Sufi Zikr said ... (8:19 AM) : 

This guy looks just wonderful...I am surprising myself as normally this would be tooo classic for me..but hey would love to sit in a sun filled sreet cafe and share a latte and some fun.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

that is what i want my husband one day to dress like

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

HE IS OUR COUSIN!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting