This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....At The Farmers Market, Manhattan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, April 02, 2007

On the Street.....At The Farmers Market, Manhattan

Comments on "On the Street.....At The Farmers Market, Manhattan"

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (6:42 PM) : 

I like the black tights with metallic sandals. It's a good transition look with a T shirt and coat. Not sure about that bit of skin peeking through. I'm sure that wasn't intentional because that is just SO OVER!

 

Blogger pas de nom said ... (6:52 PM) : 

I love that adult and child in the background. Cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:00 PM) : 

I think I like the little girl crossing the street in the background best.

On the lady in the foreground love the shoes, with the pants/tights not so much. I think the flat silver mary jane is fantastic. Perfect with the proper proportion of stovepipe pant, not a capri but showing a little bit of ankle would be nice.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (7:09 PM) : 

Lovely hair, nice coat, great legs. Not a fan of the shoes though.

This is a great post-yoga look.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (8:08 PM) : 

She looks great, love that coat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:06 PM) : 

Great hair, great shoes, good coat, good t shirt. But somehow the sum is less than the parts. The coat/skirt length with flats - meh. And the (I'm sure inadvertent) tummy strip - no!

I know not all of your pics are about the whole shebang, just an interesting bit. think this one is a very good example - cause the whole shebang is just kinda off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 PM) : 

i like i like i like. the overall aesthetic strikes me as very organic- like she just rolled out of bed and went "oh time to go out and have fun and be me" (or not even?) and she just put this on and left. For her- it works and that's what's so great. She looks perfectly at ease.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:36 PM) : 

oh my lordie...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 PM) : 

I love this shot. The Childe Hassam flag. The Rockwell dress on the little girl. And most definitely the chick posing: I like her smile, hair, jacket, legs, tummy, stockings, face, and shoes. But since we're talking about things that are so last year -- iPods are so June 2004! Though I hope her bag is filled with farmer's market goodies. I'd like to have a picnic with her. Thanks for the good art, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 AM) : 

i don't get it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 AM) : 

I'm not digging the flats with such a heavy tight. Gotta agree with Jessica on the whole proportion thing; I thought that when i saw the picture. The flats would be great with bare legs of course. But with this, maybe some black flats, but not those kinds.
~AliciaInAlaska

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 AM) : 

I still believe that coats+tights combo requires substantial shoes. Tiny flats mess up the proportions; tiny sandal flats are even worse. People always look barefoot when they try this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:55 AM) : 

How funny, this totally looks like Me! She has a bit skinnyer legs thou, and I wouldn't show the tummy ..but, deffinetly me on a lazy day strolling the city.

And again, I always love the shoes, anyone knows what they are?

 

Blogger Daria said ... (6:58 AM) : 

i'm sort of digging the strip of tummy.. why? because its SO over, so terribly outdated that it looks fresh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

The whole photo: the bit of red, a little more yellow: the child and adult crossing, the no color building in the background its many straight lines setting off the organics in front. Just great photography.

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (3:19 PM) : 

I think the black stockings are too heavy for that sunshine, but I like the length of the skirt and the coat together

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 PM) : 

does anyone know where her bag is from? what material is it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 AM) : 

After reading the comments I also realized that the girl in the background look so adorable...like a little doll!
Seems a little bit of consensus about the tights with those flats. Maybe she was just trying something for the day.
~AliciaInAlaska

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

I agree with the comment about the whole being less than the sum of its parts. This could have been a great look, but the exposed tummy just ruins everything and makes it all look accidental, rather than effortless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 AM) : 

I think that she is just tall.
Maybe that is the reason why she looks nice.
It is just good to be tall and have a model body.
The fashion sense? well....I am sorry I can not see anything of it.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting