This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Emmanuelle Alt

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Emmanuelle Alt

Comments on "Emmanuelle Alt"

 

Blogger Last Day Emails said ... (9:31 AM) : 

Perfect! Going back to that age-appropriate-style question someone raised in the Karl post, if you look at the individual pieces here, especially the boots, you might think that they're too young for her, as if she can't let go of her younger self. But once you see everything together, especially with her poise and confidence and the slightest hint of moxie, it is so RIGHT!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Wow. She is seriously stylish. Seriously, don't mess with me, stylish! I respect that composure too. The cargo-esque trousers are fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

i love her, but i have to admit, i'm not a fan of the boots. A little to nine inch nails for me. I'm not ready for the 90's to come back yet.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (11:32 AM) : 

Love the hair and the boots.

 

Blogger Ms. Laaw-yuhr said ... (11:49 AM) : 

I really like how casual and confident she is. So many of the women have body language that seems shy - feet turned inward, not really looking directly at the camera, etc. It's nice to see a woman so comfortable in her own skin.

 

Blogger Ben B said ... (12:09 PM) : 

The proportions in this outfit are great...very well done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 PM) : 

Where have I seen these boots before?

 

Blogger Butch said ... (1:29 PM) : 

My Fall, I would suggest that it's ALMOST all right.

For me, in any case, it all works till you pan down to the cropped pants and boots...and then I'm taken a bit aback. That part of the look is so very much associated with the young (at least in my mind) that it's hard for me not to feel a discordant tug...

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (1:45 PM) : 

Ms. Alt always looks effortlessly chic. The women of French Vogue are unparalleled. Makes me want a pair of those Balenciaga school-boy cargo pants!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 PM) : 

Her boots look heavy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 PM) : 

I love her boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:19 PM) : 

wow, she looks incredible. her jacket is stunning. i love the fit of the pants, and the modern boots are a beautiful touch. she is amazing.

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (4:52 PM) : 

Yup. I saw this one over at the Fashion Spot Paris streetstyle. Its very cool. Anyone know who made those boots?

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (4:53 PM) : 

Love those sphinxes behind her too :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

always so beautiful..

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (6:53 PM) : 

where was this taken, because I really like the fountain in the background.

 

Blogger Last Day Emails said ... (9:01 PM) : 

Butch, I felt a "discordant tug" too! But... I like those. In the realm of art, anyway.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 PM) : 

She can be absolutely breathtaking. And her work is amazing. A very talented lady.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:21 PM) : 

Every single piece, individually, represents some trend that really irks me. However, until I began dissecting the outfit piece by piece I didn't catch it.... the overall look is cool enough that I was too distracted to notice the cargo pants, clunky grunge boots, jacket that (to me) looks cheap. I'm impressed by her abilities!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:29 PM) : 

she pulls this off - when others would look age-inappropriate. it's in her face, her gaze. cool personified. - minette

 

Blogger ajane said ... (11:40 PM) : 

Love the attitude and the mix and especially the cropped cargos. I'm not picking up the age-inappropriate discordance, but then I think the equation of particular styles with particular ages is a particularly American thing, and I'm not American. It seems to me that in Paris or Copenhagen or Montreal (to mention cities I've been to lately), if a woman likes a particular look, she'll wear it whether she's 30 or 50.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 AM) : 

Jack Daniel, This photo, with the Fontaine du Palmier in the background, is taken on Place du Châtelet (yes, I am a Parisian!).

 

Blogger la femme said ... (1:07 AM) : 

God, this woman has the best footwear collection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 AM) : 

wow... look the whole look. the air of confidence that will only come in age. what a bang.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:01 AM) : 

i hate those louis vuitton boots, but somehow, she made it work.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:36 AM) : 

Such confidence! Without it, she might look forced. I absolutely love the trousers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:35 PM) : 

didn't you post this just a few weeks/months ago, or am I totally wrong?

Have to admit that I do love her hair and her attitude. her outfit totally works for her!

Keep up the good work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 PM) : 

Who's her? She looks somewhat Italian.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 PM) : 

She's Carine Roitfeld's second-in-command at French Vogue.

 

Blogger forget me knots said ... (3:29 PM) : 

totally cool+

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (4:43 PM) : 

She has style! Fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 AM) : 

This is one of my favourite shots of yours up at style.com. And my favourite you've taken of her. Fantastic look, lots of confidence and disarming nonchalance - teamed with a calm, calm face.

 

Blogger Eastern Aisle Credit Solutions, Inc. said ... (5:50 AM) : 

It's all about personal style.. I mean it's nice to follow trends, but a lot of people do it and it ends there.. there's no personal style involved.. this woman clearly has her own style and she is very confident with it, that it doesn't matter what age she is, it just looks great on her..

 

Blogger donik said ... (5:46 PM) : 

I think she looks fantastic in every way! I am at least her age and I would absolutely dress like that.

In my opinion, the only no-no's that come with age are 1) showing too much skin, because let's face it, no matter how hard you work, it just ain't as tight as it used to be, and 2) too much girly ruffles.

Then again, i'm not a fan of too much skin and too much girly ruffles on anyone.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 PM) : 

absolutely fabulous!

 

Blogger groovergreen said ... (9:41 AM) : 

I'm surprised by all the discussion of "age-appropriate". How is a woman of this age (I'm guessing 40ish) supposed to dress? Every generation defines 30 or 40 or 50 for itself and its members generally dress according to what they feel comfortable in --- hence baby boomers in Levis and Generation X in our trainers and cargoes and funky shoes and vintage bargains. I agree that we need to adjust our wardrobes as our bodies change, but try telling that to all the fast-food-fed teenage girls I see with belly blubber hanging over their hipster jeans. It's not a matter of age. If you're fit and slim and have good posture, you can wear just about anything at any age.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting