This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

A. Boon, Antwerp

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Saturday, April 28, 2007

A. Boon, Antwerp

This is the coolest old school glove store in Antwerp - maybe anywhere.
The gloves are still hand-made and are available in six sizes.

Comments on "A. Boon, Antwerp"

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (8:02 AM) : 

That does look like a cool store!
Can you bring back a pair for each of your loyal readers ? ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 AM) : 

There is also a very cool, very tiny custom glove store in Lisbon that has been there for ages. Can't remember the name off hand but check it out if you're ever there.

 

Blogger Miss Shades said ... (5:15 PM) : 

oh, such a lovely store. it's so classic. i love it. i wish i could go!

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (8:23 PM) : 

this totally looks like the wand store (Ollivander's Wand Shop) in the Harry Potter movies.

What a magical glove store!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 PM) : 

Beautiful shop! I love the simple yet so elegant look.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:37 AM) : 

I love these kinds of specialty stores. May they live on forever.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 PM) : 

Oh my, how beautiful and had no idea such stores were still around! Thank you, Scott!

Brings back happy memories of my lovely Mother telling me about when she and my Aunt would walk from Cambridge over the Longfellow Bridge to the West End of Boston where there were "glove" shops (1930's). I often think about this...wow, stores devoted to gloves...how cool and of course, I just love gloves!

Best wishes,
Kelly

 

Blogger JO said ... (12:30 PM) : 

LOL! jennifer at 8:23pm - I was thinking the EXACT same thing! Just like Ollivander's Wand Shop!

I would love to see that magical glove store in person!

~GREEEAT POST~

 

Blogger Eric Hancock said ... (10:12 PM) : 

Wonderful.

 

Blogger Sophie said ... (5:23 AM) : 

totally feeding my drawer/box/bookcase fetish..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:23 PM) : 

I just found your post when doing a search for this store. I went here in 2005 and bought 5 pairs of beautiful gloves. Going to this store was my most memorable shopping esperience - watching the owner gently "puff" out each finger with her wooden dowl, and then the way she had me place my elbow on the counter so she could slide one gove on my hand and then place the other just perfectly in that gloved hand. It was a real treat. I can't wait for the day that I can return.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:50 PM) : 

I completely agree Sophie, I have a huge drawer/box/bookcase fetish. This looks like a wonderful store, like a place that embodies a true sartorialist. I hope they continue to stay in business.

And please keep posts like this coming, i especially like the one about the custom cobbler in, was it, Milan?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting