This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Palais-Royal, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, April 02, 2007

At Palais-Royal, Paris

Comments on "At Palais-Royal, Paris"

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:03 AM) : 

Love the short hair on the blonde!

The second shot is great. I love the textures of that wrap and the coat.

The third shot - something about gloves and then open-toed shoes looks 'not right'. However I really like the trench, the paler-blue jeans which I normally don't like and then the pop of the red with the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

This last women sort off puzzels me, and people dressing in this mixed tempereture way always does, I mean - are her hands Very cold and her feet really hot?

The people who totaly amazes me in this dressing sense are the hip-hopers - wearing huge Moncler jackets in hot nightclubs and Not breaking a sweat!
Can someone tell me how they do that?

I really like her shooes though!

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (10:08 AM) : 

They're all great, but I can't resist the last photo: it's really bordering on silly in a way, the quirk-factor of her appearance, but the shoes and jeans are so great with the gloves and trench that she deserves credit for being so original.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

The third look is so simple and so comfortable. It has so much style.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Great looks, my favourite is the 2nd one!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

The glove is too much on the 3rd one. It looks like she's about to give a suppository to a cow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 PM) : 

I love the navy poncho/coat the woman in the 2nd photo is wearing, and the contrasting forearms in the cozy beige sweater underneath, with button detail on the cuffs. The knit of that poncho is so non-bulky and elegant; I want one of those!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Oh, I covet the navy shawl/sweater on the second woman! Does anyone recognize where is might be from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 PM) : 

Not a fan of the third one - the gloves are too long to go with the trench and don't think the severity of black leather gloves compliments the light coloured trench and jeans. Like the shoes, just wish they were completely red instead of half red half tan.

 

Blogger j3ss3 said ... (2:17 PM) : 

i bought my girlfriend long gloves like that. so classy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM) : 

Third girl: needs a belt to break-up the wide expanse of her trench. The gloves are so wrong they're er - still wrong. So off, and not in a kooky way. I love pale(r) denim but these jeans look like they're a very middling wash - and a bit 'mum' with everything else. Although, yeah, she's wearing cute shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

I love the third look -- great way to work a trench! The first one needs a scarf to complete the look. The second is the least original.

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (8:24 PM) : 

Agree with the first few comments on the last look. If I look from the waist up, I love it - love the trench, love those long of-the-moment gloves.

But I don't understand the open-toed shoes. And I don't think the colour of the shoes quite works with the rest.

Love the top half, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 PM) : 

I love them all, but especially the third photo because she looks so natural, so natural. And, her look to me is flea market vintage, but she is obviously from a good background...reminds me of Cole Porter's Lady is a Tramp:

"She gets too hungry for dinner at eight
She loves the theater, but never comes late
She never bothers with people she hates
That's why the Lady is a Tramp

She likes the clean fresh breeze in her hair
Life without care
She's broke
That's OK

You know...joie de vivre, elan. You really did yourself proud with this shot, Scott. I feel that the more you rely on your intuition, the more you pick out the pure-breds. Of course, we love seeing the hard-core fashionistas, also, but it takes a pro to spot the subtle originals.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 AM) : 

I love the woman in the second photo. Very pretty look. Is that navy paired with black? I always worry about putting those 2 together. Any suggestions?
The 3rd look is a little too hodge-podge. But, the cuffs on the jeans are outstanding; maybe would go more with a plain shirt so the cuffs can stand out a little more, rather than be lost in the frumple of other clothing.
Great looks tho. Parisian women are the most beautiful I've ever seen in my life!
~AliciaInAlaska

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 AM) : 

The first look is awesome in a kind of early-80s London, New Romantics way. That look is so totally ripe for a comeback.

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (3:22 PM) : 

There's a lot of nostalgia in that first look for me. [Wipes away a tear]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:49 AM) : 

What is the purse the second one is wearing?

 

Blogger Bel said ... (12:53 AM) : 

I love the second woman's cape, as well as the buttons on the sleeve of her knit. Actually, I love the length of the sleeves too. She looks fantastic.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting