This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.....Off Madison Ave , New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, March 16, 2007

On The Street.....Off Madison Ave , New York


Interesting jacket

Comments on "On The Street.....Off Madison Ave , New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

Dr. Salee? He looks like my Int'l Public Affairs professor from university.

Not a fanatic, but it does look sorta cute.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 AM) : 

I think the match of his jacket(it is a jacket, right?) and pants is so adorable

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

me gusta!
The colors and the forms, the suit isn't the answer to all men.
great;)
ndq

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:02 AM) : 

I really like his colour mix.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

I think this is a Bavarian or Austrian jacket. Linen.

 

Blogger CG said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I love his jacket ... very Austrian classical outfit. In fact I've one similar for woman!!! I love it!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

A few wrinkles shows you're above prissy concerns. But this many... it looks like he stores his clothes by tying them up into wadded balls and kicking them into the closet like a soccer goal. ;-)

Even I, a guy who totally hates ironing, must admit... this could really use ironing.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (11:04 AM) : 

I love the four colors together in the pic but not the jacket... bit frumpy.

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (11:18 AM) : 

This looks like a stylized Mao jacket in from Shanghai Tang or a French farmers jacket. Interesting blend of East Meets West aesthetic.

 

Blogger Janets Planet said ... (1:29 PM) : 

I like his rumpled style. My first thought was "What was the Sartorialist doing in Green Bay?"

 

Blogger Janets Planet said ... (1:31 PM) : 

PS. I am slowly weaning off my association of green and gold with the Packers. It still happens when I am caught by surprise. :-)

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Despite the nice fit and gorgeous colors, the wrinkles on the suit ruin it for me.

 

Blogger SuMisura said ... (1:58 PM) : 

It's quirky. He plays with the colors and textures very well... jacket reminds me of a barber's jacket for some reason.

Shave and haircut, 10cents!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 PM) : 

i love the colors!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

He should probably pull his shoes up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 PM) : 

cool pic....but how come we can't zoom in like we used to? it redirects us to a private Flikr page......please don't get exclusive----the democracy of your blog was what made it so cool

 

Blogger janlorraine said ... (4:57 PM) : 

This jacket reminds me of Paul Poiret's jacket in the book, _Poiret_, by Yvonne Deslandres; sort of unstructured without alot of padding. I think it must be very comfortable and I am glad to see it since I despise shoulderpads and those canvas things they put in men's suiting.

 

Blogger Yugen said ... (5:12 PM) : 

I doubt that this is a german or austrian jacket but being german, I think the fabric would be called "loden".

Dear Sartorialist, great pictures and some that seem surprisingly unspectacular to me. wundervoll, though! ;D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 PM) : 

I like the bags!

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (5:41 PM) : 

It's a ...cardiket?...a jackigan?...

...I love the colour combo and unique fit of all the pieces. It shouldn't work, but somehow it does.

 

Blogger Miriam Parkman said ... (6:07 PM) : 

a bit hobbit-like. cute with a bit too short trousers and the bright color on his shoes.

 

Blogger Alison Santighian said ... (6:29 PM) : 

If indeed this is a "Germanic-style" (so as not to offend either Bavarians or Austrians, both of whom would probably claim the style as their own), I love to see it. My husband, a thoroughly Latin and middle-eastern mix, has a loden jacket from his time in Germany, and it just says something special about the wearer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 PM) : 

Nice color mix but the trousers are short for my taste...
Dear Sartorialist,
I love your pictures, so I visit your blog every day!

 

Blogger Jeanette said ... (9:13 PM) : 

how cute, i love the green sweater and the shoes, they are really shiney. This guy takes pride in his appearance

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:26 PM) : 

Hey, Scott. Can you switch back to hosting the larger-sized photos? The Flickr photos are smaller.

 

Blogger RKFHJ RJjjjk said ... (1:46 AM) : 

I recently found an old jacket that looks almost exactly like the one in this photo, except it is made of thick wool.

The tag says it was made in Austria.

This is the only other time I have seen something like it. I'd love if someone could post some information on this style of jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 AM) : 

I've realized there are two types of comments on this blog. Those who takeaway something positive. And those who nitpick on negatives.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

oh the sweetness of it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Quote: 'I've realized there are two types of comments on this blog. Those who takeaway something positive. And those who nitpick on negatives.'

If we ALL agreed one way or another what a boring world this would be.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 PM) : 

the overall look is lovely, absent-minded professor/euro nobility...but the pants are just too short for me. sweet smile
-mimi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:21 PM) : 

pants too short
jacket too wrinkled
shoes just beautiful
man of my dreams

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Really enjoy the blog. Usually love your photos. This one does not appeal to me. The colors are good but pants do not fit and jacket is odd.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:45 PM) : 

Dear Sir in photo, Please ignore the comments about the wrinkles--the folds and creases in your gorgeous loden-green jacket are what makes it zing, and is an earthy-sophisticated contrast to your impecable shirt and tie. Your chinos are perfect as they are, including their shorter length, which is a flattering 60s era look that needs to be seen more often.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 PM) : 

fritz karch without beard?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

great, great color, and very surprising. I like the cut/long placket, but the material (linen?) and the lack of a strong lining/structure are giving this guy the dreaded man-boobs, at least in this picture. I don't think ironing would help that problem -- this jacket needs interlining or to be cut in a different fabric, like wool, that won't grab the body's contours so tightly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

the jacket is called a "janker"
= Wies`n(Oktoberfest)-uniform

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

put lederhosen on him for a perfect munich hearty gentleman

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:15 AM) : 

Im from Austria
In our Country its called Jägerleinen
(Hunters Linnen)but as far as i can see it is not a original one cause the cut is a little bit different here.If you like to see the original
mail me at martin_kaiser1[at]gmx[dot]net

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting