This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....NYU Students, East Village

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, March 23, 2007

On the Street....NYU Students, East Village




Comments on "On the Street....NYU Students, East Village"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

NYU students have to be some of the best dressed ever.
I love the pop of color in the first girl, the fit of the jacket in the second, and the thin belt in the last.
Thanks, Scott, for a consistently excellent blog.

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (9:20 AM) : 

All three are cuter than cute, and have great, cheeky style and attitude, but (and this is only my opinion, remember) no. one. looks good in a tube top.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

They don't seem well put together at all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Wow. Great looks.

 

Blogger G said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Hmmh. To me the only thing that is really interesting about them is that they all have so much hair! Beautiful, abundant hair.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:54 AM) : 

Really like the style of these shots. I'm not noticing their style, too busy admiring their beauty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

I am so glad to see these photographs. I work on a big univ. campus and often play a game with myself, by watching students come and go to class to see if I can pick out the most stylish outfit of the day.

Fashion, in my view, starts from the bottom up -- from the streets, from the individuals and artists who are daring and who, often, lacking resources for high-priced designer labels, find a way to create inspiration in the clothes they wear in spite of minimal resources. Anyone can look good and be stylish given enough resources. I find that a lack of resources inspires more creativity than wealth.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (9:59 AM) : 

I love braids! Also like the braided woman's belted sweater.

Confused by the bikini, though...But otherwise, she looks great too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 AM) : 

i was just talking to my friend about how little fashion you see on my campus... NYU has one-upped us once again... well done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Nice girls all three of them. The human mind is funny though, I found my self comparing the three against each other, immediately, as I saw them in the same picture. It is so obvious that only one of them can be number one. And my eyes are drawn to that one person only. And yet I would never compare your fotographs that picture one person each, to each other.

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Nice girls!
Oh to be young again and beautiful.... lol
I also thought that I like their hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

Fashion yes; style no.

 

Blogger J said ... (11:44 AM) : 

Love the third woman. Great sweater, wonderful use of dark and light tones, soft hair. Beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 AM) : 

Can young women ever look bad? I, too, loved the 'pop' in the first, but that look works only on the young and beautiful. The belted sweater, however, is good and classic for anyone [without a bit gut!]

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

qSuper great and cool looks!!!! and I TOTALLY agree with anonymous 9:56AM, totally right and totally true. you can see their personalities in each one I love that!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (12:21 PM) : 

Girls with style, specialy the last girl!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

i'm loving the new messy hair... only because it's the natural state of my own hair.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:43 PM) : 

why do we need designers with these gals walking around in all of their beauty!!!?

scott, just photograph these gals and produce the outfits overseas... you can call the line "great scott!"

of course, i want a cut.

 

Blogger senegal dandy said ... (12:54 PM) : 

THE FIRST GIRL SHOULD BE THE NEW MARC JACOBS' AD
SHE IS GORGEOUS!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:56 PM) : 

Ha. I see all of them have been studying Teen Vogue very closely: parkas, day-glo yellow, belted sweaters. The one in neon tube tops gets an A, the one in parka an A+ !!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

I'm very jealous of their hair. All three of them have fabulous hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 PM) : 

wayyy to much going on in the first and last looks. it looks like they just piled on verything they could find.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 PM) : 

I want to marry all of them.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

Nicely tailored stuff. I love the sweater. Wow, I wish I could affors those kind of clothes when I put myself through NYU! Times sure have changed in this city.

 

Blogger Elijah James said ... (2:16 PM) : 

That navy jacket is righteous, plus with the classic bikini not at the beach thing. Devil may care. This is why I love going to uni.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

Are those two girls twins?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:27 PM) : 

I like how they look.Simple and messy look but it works for them.

 

Blogger SartoriallyAddicted said ... (3:44 PM) : 

Funky. Personalized. I don't relate, but appreciate their style. Even if it is experimental it will help them build confidence as they hit their sartorial stride in later years.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 PM) : 

How exactly does one approach random attractive NYU girls and ask to take their pictures? Just curious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 PM) : 

what is up with the girl wearing that yellow bandeau thingy O_o

 

Blogger My sea of dreams said ... (5:52 PM) : 

I just love their hair It's messy but also put together and the three of them have wonderful style

 

Blogger warrior of tenderness said ... (6:43 PM) : 

Wow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 PM) : 

Love it. Screw put together, and screw tailored. This is daily, going to class, treading around the city, way cooler than uptown and 5th avenue style. I repeat: way cooler. And they look hot in a way that doesn't compromies their cred.

Here's to the street! Take your 4 inch platforms and shove 'em. This is realistic beauty and urban style at its best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:13 PM) : 

unimpressed. especially compared with previous posts, don't think these girls quite cut it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:05 PM) : 

hell yeah spring time! they are babes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 PM) : 

Not into this at all.

 

Blogger benson said ... (12:40 AM) : 

those lips...those eyes...the simple power of youth. Inspirational for all ages.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

very american apparel, with the limegreen tube braish thing, i like

 

Blogger Christi M. said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Yay for college fashion! Who says you have to spend bundles to look good. So long as it's your's and you're comfy in it, I call it style. Thank you Sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:24 PM) : 

sart you should head up to 116th and broadway sometime to check out the columbia/barnard kids. i've often marveled at how well put together they are, though it's different from the downtown chic of these nyu girls.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 PM) : 

Although their outfits all could be slightly better with small changes... I think everyone needs to keep in mind that they look pretty damn good for 20 year olds!! I sure didn't look that stylish when I was in college. Of course I didn't live in such an inspirational city either... love it!

 

Blogger Nia said ... (5:11 PM) : 

Love the girls on either end. (Are they related?) The first is what I wear in my dreams, the last is what I wear in real life (messy hair included).

 

Blogger Doktor Svårmod said ... (5:29 PM) : 

That first girl made my week, maybe month.. Fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

That first girl is drop-dead gorgeous.

 

Blogger in defense of retail therapy said ... (8:36 AM) : 

hints at the 70's without overdoing it. nicely done.

 

Blogger gatodecallejuela said ... (7:35 PM) : 

I am a student at UNC and I am so jealous of the NYC style. I know North Carolina isn't exactly fashion capitol USA but there is not even a remnant of this marc-jacobs-ish style. Only PoloRL and Vineyard Vines here. This campus needs a style intervention. Perhaps this is my native New Yorker coming out...

 

Blogger Miss Zoe said ... (3:16 AM) : 

Great student style- I especially love the long messy plaits!

 

Blogger Nigerian Woman in Norway said ... (6:38 PM) : 

fabulous! young ladies well put together, with a touch of edge and class and covered up too.

at least they've thought beyond denim minis and leggings.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 AM) : 

of course i love their look!! i watched those twins grow up!! soo cute!! terrific shots both of you-- why hasnt anyone picked u guys up for modeling in vogue yet?!!!? someone get on that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

Can anyone tell me what brand the 3rd girl's bag is?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 PM) : 

Lovely! especially the last girl with the pigtails

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

two of the girls are twins and models, they appear in the new urban outfitters catalogue

 

Anonymous M W said ... (8:29 PM) : 

i know those girls!! lexie smith, smiley stevens, rachel smith!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting