This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Marni Coat, Manhattan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, March 26, 2007

On the Street....Marni Coat, Manhattan


How often do we see a great piece in a store and think "I could never wear that, it is too obvious"
I love a coat (or any piece) that has really dramatic design details , like the sleeve seaming here, that is actually is very subtle when you are wearing it.

Comments on "On the Street....Marni Coat, Manhattan"

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:40 AM) : 

She looks so cute! The whole ensemble is great. The coat is beautiful, I especially love the overall sleeve design, the 'pouf', very pretty. I finally wore a shirt with a similar design detail the other day and was amazed at how many people noticed.

 

Blogger Joy Katz said ... (9:48 AM) : 

This is my favorite kind of piece: the kind that could almost be unremarkable from a distance, or even across the subway car, but that utterly captures your attention — and then you notice the gaspingly lovely details. They almost wound you.

You've also nailed the feeling of walking into a shop and seeing something that's just too item-y. This is the opposite of that piece.

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (9:54 AM) : 

It works because she keeps everything else so simple. Very nice! Love her Balenciaga Geant too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Gorgeous coat . . . love love the sleeve details. Agree with "Sleeper" . . . this is my fave kind of piece as well for exactly the same reasons.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (11:07 AM) : 

That is a fantastic coat! She looks really nice with it!

 

Blogger Big Eyes Strange Names said ... (11:41 AM) : 

What a beautiful coat. The key is in the simplicity of everything else, even the color, it's all about the sleeve. She wears it well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:50 AM) : 

i love the sleeves!

 

Blogger Cut of cloth said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Beautiful cut
Simply clever

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

It's very beautiful, but how does it close? I can't see buttons or other closures in the enlarged photograph.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

the coat looks like Marni.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (2:57 PM) : 

Brilliant bell sleeves!! I wonder if the coat would look better or more severe if it had a tighter fit in the body.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

gorgeous! I want that coat! its very artistic!

 

Blogger Yugen said ... (4:13 PM) : 

I like sleeper´s sentence: They [the lovely details] almost wound you.
I find this remark very precise. dicovering such details takes your breath away for a moment. it always comes so unexpectedly!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 PM) : 

fancy

well done!! =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 PM) : 

i really love this

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 PM) : 

Oh, I love those sleeves. After you posted that pic of the woman in the grey blouse at the CK show in the Fall I went a-huntin' and bought several tops with that sleeve. It looks just gorgeous and sublime on this coat - love the seaming. >sigh<

 

Blogger NEEDY BOY said ... (5:39 PM) : 

great coat. great bag, louboutins

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

Very pretty but I see it being impractical (i.e. when getting your chai latte from the barrista)

mltt

 

Blogger Dova & Ko said ... (8:29 PM) : 

I think finding the perfect coat that is warm and beautiful is very hard to come by. It is a bit like finding a good hairdresser.

I know a good aigle goose down coat will keep me warm, but I don't look so great in it. Maybe I am from Sydney (which is never cold), so I am not as lucky as new yorkers and europeans, they have a great deal to choose from.

 

Blogger Mandy said ... (6:51 AM) : 

Oh man, this is amazing. How brilliant... I am very inspired. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Beautiful. I want it...

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (1:34 PM) : 

The tailoring on that sleeve is epic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Details like this are what fashion is all about, plain and simple.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 PM) : 

I like it - it's a little AsFour-tastic, but I like it.

 

Blogger Mira Siregar said ... (7:56 PM) : 

Great detail!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 AM) : 

Are you sure that is Marni? It looks like a Markus Huemer: Unit Coat. I remember this sleeve that he actually draped and pattern made himself years ago.

 

Blogger THE DIVINITUS said ... (12:09 PM) : 

I would say its Marni b/c I have it in unlined version (from Marni Fall / Winter 2006-07 collection).

But you made me interested in Markus Huemer...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 AM) : 

I love dramatic sleeves!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting