This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Great Coats, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

On the Street......Great Coats, Milan

Comments on "On the Street......Great Coats, Milan"

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (6:36 PM) : 

I can't get into these. We had to wear a duffle coat to school, so that scratches the guy on the left.

...And the parka/windbreaker on the left - I know it's very of-the-moment, but it just makes me think of middle-aged tourists. Sorry.

Both, however, look eminently practical.

 

Blogger me said ... (6:46 PM) : 

the coat on the left is fascinating. i can t make any sense of it and it likely would look horrible on most people. i like it on her. is it a men's coat?

who are these kids? what do they and what are they wearing underneath the coats?

in my dream they are the heads of some sort of new, avant-gardish literary movement.

keep up with the unusual looks--much better than the fashion insider ones.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

A great look -- modern, clean-cut, sporty, hip and self-assured.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

they truly are raf-elites(raf simons) hehe....you're probably tired of hearing this but GREAT SHOT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:06 PM) : 

baby's a total HOTTIE!

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (7:28 PM) : 

You could have said, Meat Packing District, NYC and I would have believed you. The silhouette, colors, fit, and attitude are so New York City-ish.

Are you sure they are not New Yorkers visiting Milan??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:46 PM) : 

hmmmm...i'm not too sure about the jean jacket...

 

Blogger ilovesecondhandsmoke said ... (9:13 PM) : 

I looove wearing roomy, baggy, or boxy coats with stovepipes.

Love both of their looks!

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (9:18 PM) : 

yes, their boldness, their committment to their look is admirable, and they are creating a silhouette, which i respect. but really i don't like their coats at all. hers reminds me of ton sur ton circa 1980anything. his is classic, so it's unexceptional, though he is wearing it with a rebellious spirit, so that's something. a nice contradiction. i really don't like hers though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 PM) : 

While I do enjoy oversized, I do believe that one can go too far, and I think the girl most definitely has (I'm also not a fan of the denim). I do, however, admire the silhouette of the outfit. His is classic, you can't really go wrong with a navy toggle coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 PM) : 

wonder what sort of books they're carrying? are they off to school??

el presidente - wondering if your comment on seeing them as heads of avant gardish lit movement as anything to do with the books they're carrying?

the coat on the left IS facinating. the collar is great. though i might like it more if it weren't made of a denim material. but she pulls it off well. matches her haircut.

 

Blogger Decorno said ... (11:55 PM) : 

The blue coat is the kind you are supposed to love, but you're heart isn't in it. Too gimmcky. The volume trend isn't wearable or flattering. I like her boldness and respect the choice, but it's not really chic in my eye.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 AM) : 

The blue coat looks like an 80's thrift store find worn ironically (not to mention the hair and shoes). I'm struggling with it...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 AM) : 

Jean!? I had to look closely to make sure. I imagine you walking down the street and seeing these two... and thinking they really stand out. And although they are certainly individuals (esp. the jean coat), I just can't get excited about them. I am not even being sarcastic when I say I would have been more excited if her coat had been a burlap sack instead of a jean sack.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 AM) : 

is that via ventura? I used to work there...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 AM) : 

"You could have said, Meat Packing District, NYC and I would have believed you. The silhouette, colors, fit, and attitude are so New York City-ish.

Are you sure they are not New Yorkers visiting Milan??"

That is so ridiculous! So somone in Milan can't be Italian b/c they are dressed like this? Most of the well dressed people in Manhattan are Europeans for crying out loud!

 

Blogger Mario Mateo said ... (8:14 AM) : 

i'd say, "great coat. singular."

The girl in the blue tarp looks like she's taking shelter in the thing.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (9:56 AM) : 

The denim coat looks so much 80s Japanese stuff. I would love it in another fabric, maybe something shiny.
The duffle is always a classic staple. I like the fact that he owns it, it does not overpower him, which many duffle coats do to their wearers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 AM) : 

that guy has a grim reaper thing going!

 

Blogger Miriam Parkman said ... (12:46 PM) : 

Yeah! Over-sized parkas and duffles are my new obsession!

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (5:41 PM) : 

The coat on the left takes me back to the playground circa 1989

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

Believe it or not, the coat on our right is from Zara. I have the exact same model. I love it, and for the price, it can't be beat!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting