This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.......Florence, Italy 2007

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

On the Street.......Florence, Italy 2007

Comments on "On the Street.......Florence, Italy 2007"

 

Blogger Regina said ... (9:48 AM) : 

There's something natural in ellegance and also something ellegant in naturality.
Maybe it has something to do with the inner peace built as the years gone by and the capacity of wearing comfortable clothes not minding about whatever people would or should or could say.
Don't you think?

 

Blogger G said ... (10:36 AM) : 

He looks like he escaped into the future from a Renaissance painting. What a beautiful face.

 

Blogger Resplendato said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Nice Job capturing the dark of his clothes with the very light wall and the character of his face.

You are turning into a good photographer Sart.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (10:59 AM) : 

This is the best portrait I've ever seen from you. The expression on the man's face is extraordinary. And the negative space of his jacket opening, which shows the white sweater underneath, I love that.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Timeless

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (11:54 AM) : 

What a beautiful picture!

 

Blogger Cut of cloth said ... (12:09 PM) : 

Another fine painting...

 

Blogger Valery said ... (12:46 PM) : 

Painterly!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

So beautiful...like the Mona Lisa it makes me wonder...

 

Blogger straightstyle126 said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Every face can tell a story... especially the mouth part of the face...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Simply wonderful!

 

Blogger odilean said ... (1:32 PM) : 

i would like to give this man a hug.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Brilliant photo, not for the fashion aspect but for the portraiture and study of human face.

You are getting too artsy fartsy, dude!! :-))

 

Blogger Bobby D. said ... (1:57 PM) : 

He is beautiful, so beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 PM) : 

i agree with resplendato - you are turning into a good photographer. you captured an essence there.

 

Blogger MACRÀN said ... (3:26 PM) : 

I LOVE THIS BLOG!!!!!! and, of course, I love YOU!!!!! You are GREAT!!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:03 PM) : 

A fantastic picture.Nobody knows where is the style...

 

Blogger Cook said ... (4:42 PM) : 

wow. now THIS is art. i love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 PM) : 

By far favorite picture I have seen!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 PM) : 

Wow, you took up painting, Sart.

Honestly, you should expand outside of just fashion photos and create an 'interesting look' site.

And I should register so I am no longer anonymous!

 

Blogger marguerita.com@gmail.com said ... (12:49 AM) : 

Great image.
Love it

I listed you as a Destination on my blog
http://atireugram.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Staffan said ... (5:41 AM) : 

In my humble opinion, what gives this lovely man his fabulous look is the De Niro-type frown on his face. How he wears his mouth.
Love this blog.

Best regards, Staffan

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:16 AM) : 

Hi,

I really like your blog in general.(imho, it really stands out). The photographs are good, the people captured display great taste, and they are depicted in a sympathetic way. (Btw, I found you blog via the blog of Thomas Mahon, Savile Row.)

Greetings,

Claus

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (7:58 AM) : 

Very nice shot! Very nice man. He looks "Florence" , authentic I mean.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

He is Lorenzo De Medici!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:59 PM) : 

I totally agree with Regina's blog.It is that truism that "trying to hard", just doesn't work. This guy just looks great and I am quite sure he doesn't give it much thought. Regina you're right - there is something "elegant in naturality". I like that comment!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 PM) : 

This is gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:37 AM) : 

Inimitable.

I'm reflecting on how you might have approached him and the conversation that ensued...

 

Blogger Gloria said ... (10:15 AM) : 

His face breaks my heart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 PM) : 

Such an extraordinary portrait! Thank you for this timeless photograph that captures a wealth of emotion from within the framework of this face. Simply exquisite.

 

Blogger The Great Canadian Beavers said ... (2:05 PM) : 

I can comment on the light, the beauty of the colours, the wonderful contours. I completely understand the feeling of this somehow being transposed Medici portrait. I can't ever touch upon that face, and I think that's even saying too much.

Which I guess is what makes you a wonderful photographer. It's so gratifying to know that there is someone out there who recognizes, connects, gets "it". You can't be praised enough.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 PM) : 

What a face. And what a beautiful portrait. Bravo.


raucousraven

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 AM) : 

Great photo, really seems to capture the mood.
Well done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 PM) : 

I love this photo, Sart. The feelings within me are ambivalent. The photo saddens me but I find it so beautiful! Beautiful face, and i love his color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 AM) : 

this man's face is mesmerizing. look at all the life etched in those lines.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 AM) : 

For a moment I thought this photo was taken in Breton. What a striking and timeles image. One to be studied at length.

Baden

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 PM) : 

i wish i knew him.

i'm glad you didn't post any words with his portait. his face is all that's necessary.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 AM) : 

He has many stories under his hat and under his jacket,this is why this is a great picture and why his clothing...fits.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 AM) : 

Simply ..WOW.. I swear i can almost feel the weather, the smell and feel the rhythm of the places being reported here ..that's what a sincere photograph do ..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 PM) : 

He is beautiful; time and character have molded him. The coat defines him in the present. I love it!

 

Blogger Pickering said ... (9:08 PM) : 

Amazing picture.
this is beautiful.

 

Blogger Orkun said ... (4:32 AM) : 

Is he about to smile or cry? I guess time molds emotions together..

 

Anonymous Dreamer in Canada said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Oh I love this! There is something so poignant in the images of older people. Something in their faces, that makes you wonder what they have been through and what they know. I love his hat and his coat. But mostly I am drawn to this image because of the way his face has been captured! This is lovely!

 

Blogger Terryl said ... (12:25 PM) : 

This photograph makes my heart explode.

 

Blogger yankeegrl506 said ... (4:52 PM) : 

My God, I just wanna hug him.

 

Blogger Most Adoringly said ... (12:03 PM) : 

so much character in this man. beautiful picture

 

Blogger Nati Alabel said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Oh, looks just like my granpa :)

 

Anonymous Victor said ... (6:07 PM) : 

You love him?

Well, go to any little village in France, Italy, Spain or Portugal and you will get thousands like this one.

 

Blogger Reen said ... (5:08 PM) : 

i was looking through the "favorites" section and found this. such a quintessentially beautiful face.reminds me of all the relatives i've never met.

 

Anonymous redwood said ... (4:32 PM) : 

i took a photo of a man in london who looks quite similar....

 

Anonymous Me said ... (7:45 AM) : 

bellissimo

 

Blogger nina said ... (9:01 AM) : 

I agree with victor..:)I am from croatia and you can find thousands grandpas like him here :)
...but i must say, this is realy good photograph :)

 

Blogger Tamara said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Great portrait. I'm obviously late to comment, but it truly is.

I hope I age with this photogenic of a face. Timeless.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting