This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Foul Weather Wear, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, March 19, 2007

Foul Weather Wear, New York

It was almost 70 degrees last Wednesday and then snowed on Thursday and Friday! Saturday and Sunday New York was like a giant 7-11 Slushy.

The one thing I kept seeing over and over this weekend were these colorful rubber boots.

I'm guessing they are Marc by Marc Jacobs because he was selling them for $35 and this photo was taken just down the street from his Bleecker Street store.

Comments on "Foul Weather Wear, New York"

 

Blogger Regina said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Do they have yellow ones?

;)

 

Blogger Andrea said ... (11:13 AM) : 

What a steal! The Wellies, I mean.

 

Blogger Max said ... (11:20 AM) : 

They are! I borrowed my boyfriend's pair, they're great. Marc jacobs has the best eye for color.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (12:22 PM) : 

I like that gray one!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (12:43 PM) : 

A giant slushie is well put and also extremely visual. Gross. What I hate is all the salt which then transfers onto you and leaves oh so unattractive stains on your trousers/jeans/shoes.

 

Blogger Claris said ... (1:27 PM) : 

Well, this is a relief to see that even NY women (they of short coats, black tights and teering heels) wear sensible (albeit stylish) footwear on slushy city streets...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 PM) : 

Are guys allowed to wear boots like that?

 

Blogger meadow said ... (4:17 PM) : 

I have some wellies and thats what I wear when it snows and rain...but I havent seen marc jacobs one yet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:34 PM) : 

being from california, i don't understand how these work (although i wish i had a reason to use them.) Do you just bring an extra pair of shoes to wear once you're indoors? this seems obvious... but it doesn't look like any of those women are carrying an extra pair of shoes.

sorry, pardon my californian ignorance. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 PM) : 

whoa i just noticed the boot went up to the knees! at first i thought the colored part was just cute crocs!

love 'em anyways

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:40 PM) : 

where am I when marc jacobs has wellies for $35???
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 PM) : 

A few responses. Crocs are never cute--they're gimmicks. On wearing Wellies...people just wear them around in my office.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:15 PM) : 

Oh my goodness. Now I want wellies...hehe

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:16 PM) : 

Second post. I'd buy a pair of wellies. But, I'm looking for the perfect pair with a print on them. Sofar, J.Crew has won my heart over.. Although, Marc for that price??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 AM) : 

I wear mine to work, and I keep a pair of flats at the office so I can change into them. My wellies are great at keeping out snow but they are rather heavy to spend a day walking in them.

 

Blogger Barron said ... (2:32 AM) : 

can dudes wear these?

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (6:52 AM) : 

Wow! Iwish i had a pair of these-although in Greece, it is a rare occasion one has to wear wellies.

 

Blogger Kristen said ... (10:51 AM) : 

I got a pair of these on vacation in January and brought them home to Seattle. They are perfect for the rainy winter (and spring, and fall...), plus at $35 how can you resist?!?

 

Blogger missx said ... (7:06 PM) : 

What a deal! I am stopping by there tomorrow to see if I can catch a pair. Nice.

I love the color matchs. Personally, I don't like pattered rainboots, so solid colors are great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 PM) : 

I love this picture, Sart! I love wearing my Wellingtons too but as a Brit maybe it's unavoidable. I've had a pair on hand ever since I can remember.

They may not be Marc but has anyone else seen the $20 wellies online at Target? They seem to have a slew of fun colors and prints (seriously, like 60 different ones) that are tempting me to get a new pair. All this color suddenly makes my traditional green wellies seem so somber.

 

Blogger Emilieee said ... (9:55 PM) : 

The gray one is awesome! I wished I had one of those nice looking wellies cos back in Malaysia, there're rainy season and thunderstorm, which will wet my shoes and I HATE it! Btw I thk we couldn't get $35 for a pair Marc here. Sounds.. ridiculous :p

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting