This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Armani

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

At Armani

She reminds me of a modern Billie Holiday

Comments on "At Armani"

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:09 AM) : 

The hat! The...everything!

 

Blogger Tord said ... (9:10 AM) : 

She reminds me of Little Edie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Does this lady have on a wig?

Her look is a bit over the top, but still very intriguing. It actually comes together quite nicely.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:18 AM) : 

I can't get into this busy kind of style. But, if she loves it and has deliberately crafted it, then go for it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 AM) : 

I prefer seeing women like this on your website instead of the peacocks who work at Vogue.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 AM) : 

What an eclectic taste!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 AM) : 

I always wonder how long it takes for people who dress like this to get ready everyday.

If I had any nerve, and more time in the morning, I'd totally dress like this. It always perks up my day when I see an outrageous dresser.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

I love her shoes with the tights, but my favorite part is the barely visible yellow beads.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

Billie Holiday? She looks like a bag lady not a jazz singer.

 

Blogger Cut of cloth said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Love the Look
She has pazzazz!

 

Blogger Kiki said ... (12:11 PM) : 

Oh, I would if I could!

This woman is my inner-style inspiration.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 PM) : 

WAY too much going on here for my taste.

 

Blogger Dianne said ... (12:51 PM) : 

A vision to be sure-but exactly what is that on her head?

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (1:44 PM) : 

The feather hat, the fur coat and leopard print leggings....

Wear one of the three items: Perfect

Wear two of the three items: Eccentric

Wear all three together: Priceless

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

I agree about the Vogue--and other magazine--ladies. Ho hum in their emaciated designer wear. This is STYLE!!!

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Oh jeh oh jeh!!

 

Blogger andrea said ... (2:23 PM) : 

How totally un-Armaniesque!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

That shot of cerulean blue in the form of her handbag is the exclamation mark that completes this fashion statement perfectly.

 

Blogger talitha cumi said ... (3:19 PM) : 

A bit crazy on the whole, but I LOVE the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 PM) : 

I love her. I love everything about her..

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (5:05 PM) : 

if only she were my mother,,,

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

you let me down on this one :(
absolutely horrible.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

She reminds me of Cruella de Ville. I love it!

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (7:07 PM) : 

It's interesting, but a little too over the top for me. What is she wearing on her head?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 PM) : 

on someone else this would be a disaster, but on her, it really works. love the colors in the hat as a counterpoint to the red/yellow. fun. - minette

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (9:12 PM) : 

She's actually quite beautiful under there. Don't you wonder about the thought process that produces an outfit like this? Hmmm, let's see, yellow checked suit, red blouse, fur coat, blue bag, yellow beads and feather hat...needs something...yes, leopard print tights and spectator pumps! Finito!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:28 PM) : 

i am so glad one other person was finally reminded of cruella deville!
- my first thoughts this morning when i saw this!

i absolutely love her! lol.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 AM) : 

I love the way she's holding her head...up high. And I think I'm going to spend the afternoon making up a story of how Veronica Santorini lived in the past glory of her theatre days...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 AM) : 

It would have flown to great heights without the fur coat. Not that I don't like the coat, but the great shoes, tights and lovely blue of the bag have to fight too hard to cohere with all the amazing stuff going on at the top - that hat and her beautiful hair deserve a bit of space to breath.

Still, she looks exceptional and it's definitely AN OUTFIT

I think if I had that hat I would wear it naked.

 

Blogger Galufante said ... (6:29 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Yes her face looks like Billie's but the clothes-no way. Billie wore classic evening gowns or she wore frumpy looking house dresses and elaborate hats. But never leopard stockings and all that cluttered accessorizing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

Over-the-top and completely working for her, which in the end is all that matters.

When I am old, I am going to channel this and the leopard- print lady and scandalize my grandkids!

Which leads me to wonder what the leopard-print lady would think of this? I bet she would abhore it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

To anon 6.22 and josh, it was that same thing that crossed my mind yesterday when I saw this. Now I don't feel so bad.

That being said, those shoes are fabulous. Yes, FABULOUS.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Definetly from the "more is more" school of fashion. Still it is her vision, and she is going for it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 PM) : 

um, a little over the top... too many things going on at one go. it's definitely a no go for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 AM) : 

You know that quote attributed to Chanel about looking in the mirror before you go out and taking one thing off....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:58 PM) : 

First of all, I love when you capture individuals with so much personal style like this one, Sart.

Also, I can't imagine what a compilation of her outfits for each day of the week looks like. I think it would be similar to those Japanese "Fruits" books.

-Jenna

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 AM) : 

wow!! she brings "too much" to a higher level! gotta love her attitude!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:06 AM) : 

or of a fabulously multi-colored cruella deville. the lines on that fur coat...

oh ok two other people thought the same thing. :-)

 

Blogger david bram said ... (4:01 AM) : 

Reminds me of the Amy Arbus photo of Madonna, but in color of course.

http://www.artknowledgenews.com/Amy_Arbus-Photo-exhibit.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Amazing!
You wouldn't want to get in a bitch fight with her..!
I'm not a fan of any of the individual pieces, but all together, she somehow, with her enourmous presence pulls it off!

 

Blogger designerman said ... (6:50 AM) : 

I need to adjust my eye from all the military/minimalism/bubble tops/black tights to really take this in.

Once I do, I appreciate it. It's brave (especially going to an Armani show - Mr. Tasteful), and part of the range of what personal style is all about. More women used to look like versions of this in the early 70's when it was easy to find vintage 40's stuff.

I say 'hats off' to her (literally - it's the one thing I don't like) for not giving a damn and expressing herself the way she pleases.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 PM) : 

WOW. this is about 1000 times more interesting than the boring black "Style not fashion" crowd you normally photograph.

Though, i do agree it's a little OTT -- i'd have lost the beads. Everything else can stay. Hooray for adventurous dressers. What a boring world we'd live in otherwise!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 PM) : 

Love the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 AM) : 

oh my!!!!! where's ur mr fox!!! from paris? u look fantastic havnet changed!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 PM) : 

There is no intention to offend anyone, but I don't know why she reminded me of Cruella de Vil. I suposse because of the leather coat and the hat.

 

Anonymous Ljerka-Susanna-Lukic said ... (7:29 PM) : 

INTERESTING!!!
Susan,Designer&Writer
Toronto

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting