This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Shoes in Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, February 02, 2007

The Shoes in Paris


Comments on "The Shoes in Paris"

 

Blogger www.jennyhyun.tv said ... (7:42 AM) : 

I like how you don't mention if they're for males or females. ;o) Can't say they're my style, but the top looks interesting.

 

Blogger afonso4council said ... (7:43 AM) : 

Have been wanting some of those in a very long time...
Where can I buy some?

 

Blogger www.jennyhyun.tv said ... (7:52 AM) : 

I forgot to mention the boots, from first glance you think the patterns were part of the pants, but they're part of the boots and I just noticed that when looking at it closer. It's a nice seamless blend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 AM) : 

Hey, Europe pics are great, but I´m missing NY!!!

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (8:49 AM) : 

Oh, that first pair...magnifique!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 AM) : 

I love these pictures! Great composition,and interesting subjects here. Just one part of an outfit, but so revealing. Makes me wonder about the person wearing these shoes...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

the top pic...a hip Prince Charles perhaps :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 AM) : 

Any chance you know who makes these?

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:24 AM) : 

I love the palate of those boots!!

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Let's compare and contrast...each pair is great in its own way; particularly favor the boots, which probably take a functional item--they have a definite hook-and-ladder quality--as far as it can go decoratively.

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Love it! That's the first pair of tuxedo slippers (I think that's what they're called?) I've ever seen that I thought looked cool and appropriate for outdoor wear...The boots are very pecheur/marin . I think Coco Chanel would have liked that you've included them here...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Sart! this is so great! you should do a shoes series that would be cool!!! very nice boots it seems like they are part of the pants. I hope you come to New York soon!!!!

Love ya!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:44 AM) : 

I really like the slippers. On a woman they are one of those nice touches of a woman looking good and doing something different in men's clothing.

On a man, they are definitely a nice dandy look.

 

Blogger we could grow up 2gether said ... (11:13 AM) : 

those velvety slipper shoes are so poetic, saw them at Jeffreys before, always wonder about their durability though.

 

Blogger Resplendato said ... (11:21 AM) : 

I love those slipper shoes..they keep recycling them..this time it looks like an Ermin pattern..along with the crest...they are timeless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 AM) : 

i kinda love the slippers with those slim pants. it's so whimsical. and yes, i miss the ny pictures too.

 

Blogger me said ... (12:16 PM) : 

hot!

the boots for some reason remind me of fausto santini's stuff.

i love what you are doing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 PM) : 

They are RL if I'm not mistaken. I'm wearing a plain black pair as I type. Trad English slippers by Peale & Co. Made slippers for Winston!

 

Blogger Bobby D. said ... (1:42 PM) : 

the slippers are must haves!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:33 PM) : 

Sart, if you came out with a book I would buy it.
kbd

 

Blogger Ming the Merciless said ... (3:43 PM) : 

He's back in NYC. Saw him at New York Fashion Week today. He even let me take a couple photos of him, although they didn't come out nicely. :-(

He's a very handsome and polite fella.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Robert Clegerie

 

Blogger mareGa said ... (5:58 PM) : 

Not a fan of the slippers-like shoes.
Those boots, at first glance, made me start humming 'Y-M-C-A'...

I wonder why.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 AM) : 

i'm french
and I love shoes!!
shoes is my life!!!
awsome blog!!!!

http://one-wayy.skyblog.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

The boots look suspiciously like Valenki, which are Russian wool felt boots sometimes paired with galosh-like bottoms. They remind me of serfs and all things peasant-like, so it will be interesting to see if they take off, fashion-wise.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

How great. A day or two before you posted these shoe pictures I turned a corner on upper Lexington Avenue and spotted a window full of these whimsical Beligian slippers. Wanted a pair then and there and made a note to return during business hours.
Love love love your blog.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (5:55 PM) : 

The boots with patterns were a big statement in one of the Paris men fashion shows...interesting to see a toned down version of them

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

The boots look like WWII German felt boots.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Omi-san/br0wuvaa.jpg

 

Blogger in defense of retail therapy said ... (5:49 AM) : 

these look like fireman boots. love it.

 

Blogger sam drade said ... (10:25 PM) : 

superboots!.D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 AM) : 

love those shoes he is wearing! Where can I get them?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting