This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

UPDATE My Favorite Shot From Pitti Uomo

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

UPDATE My Favorite Shot From Pitti Uomo

I have a lot of scarves, but most of them are a solid color in wool or cashmere. I saw this gentleman and immediately realized that I need to add a few print silk scarves to my wardrobe.

I like what the color and pattern can bring to a look, but I also like that they’re not too bulky around the face.

UPDATE
Yesterday I received an email from the gentleman pictured above

"Yes, it is beautiful scarf. It’s double face in fact, plain cashmere and print silk. We sell them very well, they are from Nick Bronson"

His name is Vicente Torres, he owns a store in Valencia, Spain
Here is the store website link Torres Gaston

Comments on "UPDATE My Favorite Shot From Pitti Uomo"

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (9:31 AM) : 

That settles it. I must start shopping for scarves in the mens' department.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

.... and remember - a smile is yr best fashion accessory ....

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Lovely. But shouldn't he cut the little white tag off the scarf?

More men should wear these; there's something very "I'll be in my study" about them...in a good way. Also, you can get nice ones for not alot of dough.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:39 AM) : 

The resurrected brand Tootal has great scarves similar to this one. I am loving the paisely print.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM) : 

The scarf....you couldn't avoid the scarf =)

I like his overall look, works very well on him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM) : 

I love the combination of beige and
brown and navy! The scarf looks luxuriously smooth and light and being of silk, still warm. His glasses fit nicely in the colour scheme.

 

Blogger Just an Observation said ... (11:01 AM) : 

I strongly agree with scarves and have found myslef purchasing just one or two small lightweigt ones to wear with a sports coat or even a suit.
Etro has those small lightweight scarves and I think they do a wonderful job with paisleys and if you can look for the short ones(about 3 feet long and 3/4 ft wide) ...they are so great to wear when it's not even that cold....sorry to go on ansd on but I have thing for scarves ....I strongly feel that it helps with that element of "self style and effortless"
Thx as always SAR!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

This looks like Gerhard Richter!

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (11:04 AM) : 

I have my father's vintage 60's silk scarf in grey/silver tones with a cobination dot pattern with paisley-like leaves framing it...I love wearing it in the night but for day I prefer the shorter style favored by the gentleman a few posts below, unless it's cold. Then I wear my woolen ones, knit or fabric, solid colors. Or my favorite, a black crushed velvet one. Silk is a bit cold for freezing winter walks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Scarf's good with the glasses.

 

Blogger Resplendato said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Hear hear...I'm blown away by these elder statesmen teaching us whipper snappers a thing or two about style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

LOL! It's true, every job has its occupational hazards...

XXXOOO

 

Blogger flic said ... (1:38 PM) : 

I just hope he's wearing patterned socks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 PM) : 

I had a boyfriend (who was quite stylish) who had a similar scarf, and I think you can tell that on one side, it is a silky print, and on the other, it is a solid wool.

I love your blog and the pics you take!

 

Blogger Bobcat said ... (1:52 PM) : 

I have two of these damn things, and when I wore one to an improv class, all the people there made fun of me and asked whether I'd officially "come out". I guess I should know better than to get fashion tips from improvisational comedians.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 PM) : 

I love brown as the main accent colour.

Yes, many men here in MTL know the allure of dapper print scarves. Makes us gals take notice!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

Notice that this is a cashmere (or wool) scarf lined in the silk print--really warm too. But the manufacturers insist on sewing the glaring white labels into the seam--on unlined scarves into the hem--so that you can't get rid of them without opening and resewing a seam. Also a problem with sheer clothing--I once didn't buy a beautiful Dolce & Gabana sheer cardigan because the big white label would have been such a production to remove from the back of the neck. Am I the only one disturbed by this?

 

Blogger Butch said ... (3:16 PM) : 

Indeed! As with Mr. Flusser, several posts back, the scarf here heightens the look with great panache.

Men have so few opportunities, especially in more formal dress, to explore color, that the patterned scarf, which helps us to do that, is welcome indeed. One of the few things I like about winter.

Scratch that--the ONLY thing. Really!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:25 PM) : 

I like the silk scarve, but i also noticed the frame of his glasses. It seems to be the same colour.

 

Blogger Timothy Tzeng said ... (3:25 PM) : 

Very old-school cool: lapel pin; tortoise-shell glasses; pleats; but what exactly is that silver object hanging out his right pocket?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:44 PM) : 

bitter sweet...great fashion look..yet such a worried worried expression...what's on his mind?

given that...the scarf is scrumptious!

 

Blogger Q said ... (5:32 PM) : 

It seems that there are more older men that take the time to find quality and elegant clothes, such as this man and Alan Flusser a few posts down. I wish men my age would care more sartorially, it would make my days more interesting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 PM) : 

He looks great and the scarf works well. As your last reader mentioned, I also will be shopping in the scarf department. Not so much for scarves but to meet guys who look like this!

 

Blogger Begoña Clérigues said ... (7:59 AM) : 

He's spanish, from Valencia. He has a men's shop (Torres Gaston) and he always looks great, like a classic gentleman: Church's shoes, nice scarves or scarfs...
Scott, as far as i can remember, It's the second time you shoot spanish man, the first was the Duke of Lugo, Jaime de Marichalar.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 AM) : 

He's sexy...even while wincing in "portrait pain" :-)

The specs. The scarf. The thingie on his overcoat collar. And what IS that silver ball thing in his right pocket? What ever it is, I like it.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 AM) : 

You can never have too much paisley neckwear, be it a tie, scarf or cravat. This example really raises the tone of the entire outfit, which is beautifully understated in its own way. I prefer trousers with a reverse pleat, but that’s just nit-picking. The whole outfit is an inspiration, especially to those of us of a more mature persuasion – how to look stylish and casual (far better than attempting to look fashionable and “cool”, which we’ll leave to the teenagers).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

I love the fierce look in his face and the contrast it makeswith the elegant attire. Great pic!

 

Blogger Viveka Lindht-Strassberg said ... (4:45 PM) : 

Oh my! looks exactly like my second husband! (he died some years ago) of course, I had to fashion him up quite a lot to get him to look like this.
This gentleman seems to have pulled it of just by himself. delightful!!
love you blog dearest scott,
ta-ta

 

Blogger SuMisura said ... (6:56 PM) : 

Again, effortless... No costumey exaggerated pant lengths or cartoonish prints here.

The gentlemen of Milan are giving us pearls of sartorial wisdom here as this man plays with the color palate on everything from his classic tortoise sunglasses, right down to his single pleat trousers.

Who said pleats were dead?

 

Blogger moosj said ... (8:46 AM) : 

That is the most gorgeous scarf I have ever seen on man or woman.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 PM) : 

I actually raided my father's closet, and found the best vintage doublesided scarves, with classic silk prints on one side, cashmere on the other. They are so much fun and appropriate for more formal events draped over a tux jacket.

 

Anonymous marie claire said ... (7:18 AM) : 

this gentleman looks really sexy. great style!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting