This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Giovanna in Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, February 05, 2007

Giovanna in Paris

Comments on "Giovanna in Paris"

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (9:28 AM) : 

Jacket: fantabulous.

Very cool proportions to this outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

I'm perplexed as to why the skirt looks navy from the back, Sart. A lighting thing?

Anyway, the look is much more appealing from the front. The hind view makes me want to pull her skirt down to properly cover her business.

As for the boots, they are a lovely design. However, something about the heel makes me think their construction is poorly done. No, I'm not a shoemaker. It just looks...off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Love it all!! Heels, skirt, cool jacket-it's all good. Oh, and the hair--fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

I agree - and she must have the longest legs ever!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I love how she put this outfit together. So simple, but amazing. Love the shape of the skirt/dress. And her jacket (its coolest from the back I must say). Does anyone know where dress and jacket is from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Love the jacket with the bubble skirt!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

Love her boots...where can I find those?

 

Blogger Rob Moore said ... (12:02 PM) : 

My god what a FOX!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Wow. Perfection at every angle.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

I loved this jacket in the first photo and then scrolled down to the second one and the detail in the back makes the jacket BRILLIANT. Love the whole look but the jacket I CRAVE.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (1:41 PM) : 

Best outfit of the year 2007. Hands down.
Period.

 

Blogger Ming the Merciless said ... (3:23 PM) : 

I love the jacket but I think the skirt is a little too short and worn too high up. I would have loved to see the jacket paired with a tighter waist and the same tulip skirt sitting at the hip.

 

Blogger Miriam Parkman said ... (4:24 PM) : 

Lovely silhouette! The straight hair is perfect to the volyminous skirt and jacket.

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (5:44 PM) : 

I have to go out on a limb here. I know everyone else loves this look, but I think the proportions are actually unflattering for someone with such long, lean legs. It almost gives her the skewed proportions of Barbie.

I confess I'd love to see her in a pant. (And this is not jealousy speaking, promise!)

 

Blogger Greentea said ... (6:12 PM) : 

fabulous
she looks so chic and I just love the arrangement of buttons on the coat.

 

Blogger missx said ... (6:22 PM) : 

This may be one of my favorite outfits ever. I prefer the details on the back, because I love it when you see a wonderfully put together woman from the front, and you walk past, smiling, and on a whim, you turn around to take a last look- and the backside may be even more wonderful.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:40 PM) : 

I love the jacket from the back, but I hate it from the front. I don't have an analytical, well thought out reason- it's just an opinion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:43 PM) : 

I also think the proportions look off in the first shot. The boots and long leg work with the skirt, but then the jacket is too cropped and detailed. Or else keep the jacket and have a smooth, narrow skirt or shorts. I've never understood the appeal of this haircut either - it's almost like the person is trying to hide most of their face.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 PM) : 

I love all of these pieces separatenly, especially the buttons in the back of the jacket. But I do agree that it seems a bit off all together. I think it makes her chest look huuuuge for her skinny legs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:35 PM) : 

What an awesome jacket? The front totally different from the back!
Where do they 'sell' long legs?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 AM) : 

I love the jacket. Who is it from? I really like the belt tab detail.

 

Blogger Sara Katt said ... (12:15 PM) : 

I love it all!

 

Blogger Allison said ... (4:32 PM) : 

Buttons on the back are always fantastic to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 PM) : 

I think this looks amazing...from the front and the back. And I completely understand and LOVE the hair...bangs are the best (from a life-long bangs wearing gal!).

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting