This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Gilles Bensimon at the Tents

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, February 05, 2007

Gilles Bensimon at the Tents


I don't know why but i kinda like the idea of him in those Ugg boots.

Comments on "Gilles Bensimon at the Tents"

 

Blogger Henriette said ... (8:53 AM) : 

I'm not loving the boots....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

I kind of like the idea of never seeing an Ugg boot again. Ever. On anybody.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:47 AM) : 

Love the coat, its length, even the winter-white pants...but must say that the boots leave me cold (well, colder, given the temp here).

Something rather bizarre about them, especially when crisply new, as here, worn "with" city sidewalks, as opposed to Arctic tundra, for which they'd more logically-esthetically be appropriate...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

I'm loving summery pants in wintery boots. I'm also loving everyone's face in this photo.

The blonde madame to the right with the ultra curly hair would have made for a lovely shot.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Sart,

Do you love the 'idea' of him in those boots or do you actually love him in those boots?

I know...you'll never say. ;-)

It reminds me of the summer when I was working as a musician at the Steamboat Springs Yacht Club. (There are no yachts in Steamboat Springs, but the place was on the stream that ran through town.) A local congiscente at one of the clothing stores informed that, in the winter, everyone wears Sorrels everywhere - those rubber and leather boots with felt linings and faux-fur trip at the top, speed lacing.

For my winter season return, I invested in a pair of Sorrels, just as she recommended. 20 years later and they're still great here in the snow. Warm too!

Have Uggs made their way to NYC via Aspen and Vail? Gilles looks like he just flew in from the slopes...or he's ready to fly back out!

- JCH

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

One has to try on a pair of Uggs to understand what they're all about. They are about sensation, not looks, although I agree with Sart, they can look quite fine, as here.
And I like Bensimon -- even the Monoprix line. Why don't they come to the U.S.?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

the uggs makes him look like an old, cute pixie.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 AM) : 

That's a very sweet picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

I like them on him too! Usually a younger person ironically or in homage takes from an other era but he is working a younger trend (maybe with irony maybe not). Granted many are over uggs but it works.

 

Blogger LERIELUVLIE said ... (11:29 AM) : 

gosh, as soon as i opened ur page, i said, oh hes wearing uggs. gosh,i cant wait for spring to fully kick in, am depressed with all the blacks and greys. Sartorialist, so u never made it down to london, so sad.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 AM) : 

ooo i adore gilles! he looks cute in uggs

 

Blogger Resplendato said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Love Gilles...He and Regis transformed the way color is printed in fashion magazines.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (11:48 AM) : 

He is still one attractive man, but sorry, can't endorse the Uggs.

 

Blogger Carissa Duhamel said ... (11:57 AM) : 

I've seen men in Uggs a LOT lately.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:00 PM) : 

I think he's just the cutest :D

 

Blogger Translation Whitelist said ... (12:07 PM) : 

very 'look at my design

also cool

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Is that Ralph Lauren representing Uggs?

 

Blogger Martina said ... (12:17 PM) : 

I wonder how I would look like, seen through your eyes and camera...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

I have to say that despite what many think, Uggs can be chic. They are simple, good texture, and can be elegant if worn with the right things (I prefer them sans miniskirt, for example). I think he looks great in them, and I love the style of the woman next to him.

 

Blogger Erikeaglebird said ... (12:44 PM) : 

No to the boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Usually I think those boots are really silly, but not here!! For some reason they seem right. I know the 'volume' of the rest of his outfit realy helps (imagine them on Giovanna in the picture right below -- horrid they would be on such a slender outline!!) and I think the white pants and heavy overcoat lend a sort of 'arctic' feel to it that makes them more appropriate. Cool shot.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (1:40 PM) : 

because he is The Gilles Bensimon...he can.

 

Blogger Cristina Redondo said ... (2:37 PM) : 

it's no the boots, it's the personality of dress what you really want...that kind of things that only the character gives to you!
kisses to everybody!

 

Blogger Ming the Merciless said ... (3:20 PM) : 

HAHAHA!! I was just wondering why more guys aren't wearing Uggs this weekend when the temperature in NYC dipped below freezing point. Now I know why!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

Great Fashion photographer... I like to be in his boots LOL!

 

Blogger Luciana Malta said ... (3:28 PM) : 

strange.
although he does have his own style, it does not mean it's fine or amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 PM) : 

I just love it!!!His image with the Uggs, the white jeans and the blue coat, great!!!
Great job, a picture of one of the best...PHOTOGRAPHERS... SART!!!
The Spanish Girl.

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (4:48 PM) : 

No....Ugg boots should stay indoors!!! always indoors....

 

Blogger The Prophet said ... (5:32 PM) : 

ugg-ly.

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (5:42 PM) : 

I grew up in Australia with my father and brothers slopping around the house in their uggs. I note that a) we lived on top of a mountain and b) the uggs were never worn out of the house.

Given that these uggs used to be bought either from a place called Skinny's Hideout (which sold trailer trash-type biker gear) or, more locally, from a truck stop (that sold farm-fresh honey and sheepskin rugs), I find it extremely difficult to endorse uggs as a fashion statement. Ever.

I admit others may not share these terrifying associations.

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (5:52 PM) : 

i love the boots that girls wearing! =) gilles in uggs,, how sweet! i love it..

 

Blogger Greentea said ... (6:14 PM) : 

never will i like the ugg boots
but i love that girl's outfit, especially the skirt peeking out, the blue and the red shapes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 PM) : 

i don't like them in general , but like them on Gilles also

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 PM) : 

gilles looks so cute! i am loving the white hair/white pants/perfect-length-coat combo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 PM) : 

Ohhh,Gilles Bensimon, photographer, not the imagined head of Bensimon, French design company -- duh -- maybe I should use Google more often so I can stop flaunting my ignorance.
The Sartorialist is nothing if not educational!

 

Blogger la femme said ... (7:14 PM) : 

I really love the femme's boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:27 PM) : 

He was at the Jovovich Hawk show today, sporting the Uggs again! This time in doors and with a sense of command. I think as long as he feels comfortable, rock on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 AM) : 

He has such presence! Many good photographers do, with their power of the observer. Sweet picture.

 

Blogger Ming the Merciless said ... (10:47 AM) : 

Questions for you fashionista? Did Uggs inspire the Chanel yeti-boots or did the Chanel yeti-boots put Uggs on the international map?

Just curious!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Where can I find HER black boots? I'm desperate for the perfect pair....

Ps my male professor wears uggs to class and it's adorable!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 PM) : 

The girl he's with looks fantastic (damn,I love that boot and hoodie thing!).

As for the Uggs, they would look better if his coat had some fur, was brown, etc. or if he was wearing a puffer vest (you have to give him credit for having the good sense to wear white pants though).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

I love HER boots, not his. No to Uggs- ever!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 PM) : 

He is maybe the only person in the world that I can see in them without me cringing! That's saying a lot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:25 PM) : 

I love it when i see hot young women with old men. mainly because i'm starting to look like an old man, and it gives me hope. lol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 AM) : 

I simply ADORE UGGs!! lovely picture! i'm gonna wear my UGG collection till 4ever!!

 

Blogger nathalie said ... (5:11 PM) : 

gilles bensimon hello from nathalie bensimon

 

Anonymous Angus said ... (3:16 PM) : 

Great look! www.angus.com

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting