This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Fonts & Graphics of Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Fonts & Graphics of Milan




When I walk around Milan I keep seeing all these beautiful fonts on store fronts and on the packaging.
I am not a graphics guy but it seems like all their most beautiful packaging and signage fit into a few ,very specific, periods like Belle Époque or Old English or genres like a very fluid script.
It is one of the areas I look forward to learning more about over my future visits Milan. I also want to create a small photo library of these splendid works, I think they fit in on this blog ok, right?

Comments on "Fonts & Graphics of Milan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 AM) : 

Lovely. So elegant and timeless, like Milano. You really captured it. Also it was great to meet you in Milano. I am the Afro'd design student from Pittsburgh you met!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 AM) : 

Yes! But I would say that even if they didn't fit in the style of the blog, me being a graphic designer and a type junkie. Oh, how beautiful! I can't wait until I get to Venice this fall...

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (7:05 AM) : 

They fit on this blog all right, greart pictures of interesting fonts!

 

Blogger elle et lui said ... (7:22 AM) : 

I think they fit completly...one more pleasure for us...

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (8:01 AM) : 

I think it is great how you capture the flair of Milan! For us who have not been there and wish we were (!) it is very nice. Thank you!

 

Blogger Luciana Malta said ... (8:34 AM) : 

yeah!!!

i am architect and i work with graphics and design, too, and i agree with you!!!

more great informations to get here.

just perfect.

tudo a ver!!!

 

Blogger Vicki said ... (8:45 AM) : 

they are beautiful. more typography please!

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (8:53 AM) : 

Are you kidding me? Graphic packaging, second only to street fashion!! It's gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

You got a great eye

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Yes--style is everywhere. The more you show of it, the happier for all...

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (9:46 AM) : 

I love them, too (maybe because I did graphic design for 16 years). Please keep them coming.

 

Blogger Angus said ... (10:32 AM) : 

Yes, the font theme works great for Sartoialist, imho, or even the broader theme of lovely signage. Words that have really had a great look put together for them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Hey, I am a graphics guy I'm a graphic designer here in New York and I come to this site a lot for inspiration. Sometimes an attitude or a scarf or a bicycle inspires me in a way a design annual or a beautiful poster never could. So I think it's a two-way street: the (s)Art of seeing, n'est-ce pas?

 

Blogger Dulwich_News said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Hi

You should consider exhibiting at a gallery.

I did not see Saks which I assume was a great night; and great for them, by making them look good to your readers.

But at a gallery you can focus on the artistry of your work presenting a showcase of your favorite images combined with a video presentation of your best clips...We are discussing doing one in Berlin in April and it is great printing all the work in tabloid size and looking into the soul of your subjects...Viewed from London...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

great idea, sart!
it speaks to us graphic-designer-by-day-fashionista-by-night types marvelously!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

Ah bellisimo! Hehe... These are just gorgeous. I'm a total sucker for typography and packaging, and these just make me long for Europe. They're just so other worldly. Thank you for posting this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 PM) : 

If you want to put fonts on your blog you will make me very happy indeed! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

sure they fit here! ;) Nice addition to your blog imo.

I also like taking series of photographes in my trips, like "door handles" or "policemen" :)

 

Blogger alosha said ... (2:02 PM) : 

nothing matches your taste and sensibility more than good design- in my opinion. graphics and fashion go hand in hand when considering sophistication. keep up the good work!

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (2:19 PM) : 

Very beautiful fonts indeed. In NYC, you can see such fonts at the Santa Maria Novella store and places like Balthazar and Pastis.

 

Blogger Pamphilia said ... (5:46 PM) : 

They *are* beautiful, aren't they? And one of the things that makes them so beautiful is that they are typefaces, not fonts. An antique concept indeed!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (6:28 PM) : 

the first picture is definitely of your best.
it's...got that 'something'.

 

Blogger Marcellus said ... (2:52 AM) : 

LOVE IT! Love your detail shots--reminds me of the first posts you ever had.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Find the old "baci" (the chocolate confection by Perugina) typefaces/fonts -- you'll love them! (Tasty treat, too.)
I adore your work and, because of it, don't feel like I have to return to l'Italia or Europe -- you inevitably photograph the details and the light that enchant me!

 

Blogger jane maynard said ... (5:07 PM) : 

if a sign was a stylish person, these fonts would be the cool red socks or the great belt. :) so glad you shared these... they're stylish, and when do most of us get to see fonts in milan? this graphic designer says thank you for posting!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

Funny how details I saw a thousand times before seem completely different shot from a different view!
Thanks, the next time I'm on a city walk I'll pay more attention!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

Sublime.
Napoli too, if you get the opportunity.

 

Blogger Sara said ... (3:22 PM) : 

Simply love it.
Fits perfectly with the gentlemen in your blog.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (11:22 PM) : 

Heritage and legacy are the main values on the Italian aesthetic. The type is pretty because appeals to a sense of familiar security...
Nice tangent!

 

Anonymous Web Design Quote said ... (2:14 AM) : 

Recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting