This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Before Yohji but After Chess King

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Before Yohji but After Chess King


I love this look...actually, I don't know if I love it or if it just really reminds me of my days as I high school kid working at Chess King.

Comments on "Before Yohji but After Chess King"

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Not sure if I'm totally into the entire outfit especially because I'm not a big fan of baseball caps but I'm loving the proportions of the trousers. I just bought a full leg grey flannel pant last time I was in Tokyo from United Arrows and it looks fresh and totally updates everything I own. I should've bought the same in other colors.

 

Blogger Cut of cloth said ... (10:28 AM) : 

Bless!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

I love the proportions of his look!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 AM) : 

I love his proportions! Schoolboy Realness in full effect!

 

Blogger Janets Planet said ... (11:17 AM) : 

LOL! I think it is the memories thing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

I would have loved this without the casquette. Now I just like it.

mltt

 

Blogger www.jennyhyun.tv said ... (12:25 PM) : 

Haha, interesting outfit, it looks like me made it himself.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (1:37 PM) : 

I like the all-of-a-piece-ness of this without actually liking it in total. The shoes--or what we can see of them--are, however, choice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

excellent!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 PM) : 

I like the pants this guy is wearing. They look sicko with his shoes. Unfortunately, I don't think this guy can really pull off the whole baggy pants look. He needs to get a different hat and wear it backwords or with the bill flat. Another thing that would look good would be a different sweatshirt, like a hoody.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 PM) : 

i like it and he's totally cute

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 PM) : 

uh....no. The best word for this outfit might be "unfortunate". I abhor baseball caps unless you are actually a baseball player on the field.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 PM) : 

I actually think this outfit would look fabulous on a girl.

 

Blogger j3black said ... (9:57 PM) : 

OMG, Sart, I worked at Chess King when I was 15! I didn't know anybody else remembered that place!! Yes, the top looks quite CK (not the usual referent for those initials). If only there were a little mesh. And a completely unnecessary zipper.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 PM) : 

the outfit breaks the lines of the body completely. it has the feel of decals and body modifications put on new vehicals so car manufactures can test drive them without having spy photos fully reveal the new model.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoID/6060918.002/pageview/photo/photo/Mini2/page/1/country/gcf/opel/spy-photos-three-new-opel-models

 

Blogger Three Repute said ... (10:57 PM) : 

i used to have a chess king shirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 AM) : 

Lawdy gracious, you crack me up Sartorialist...framing that kid's look as something between Yohji and Chess King is perfect! Chess King!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:21 PM) : 

Uh, can no one say the emperor has no clothes? This look is sloppy and awful like Danny Bonaduce raided his grandmother's closet.

 

Blogger Mark said ... (8:05 PM) : 

More Arena! They're everywhere.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:47 AM) : 

Andrew NEVER goes out without a hat, that's part of his unlimited cuteness

 

Blogger Neil MacLean said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Chess King!! Hilarious, I forgot about that place.. I may have bought a Z Cavaricchi or two in my day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM) : 

Andrew Bleedin Davis. But Monochrome? I remember the days he was the King of Colour round Exmouth Market..

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting