This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At the Tents.......Derek Lam jacket

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

At the Tents.......Derek Lam jacket

I'm pretty sure she said her jacket was Derek Lam for Tod's.
If this is what the new Tod's is going to look like then we have an even better reason to spend more time (and money) there.

Comments on "At the Tents.......Derek Lam jacket"

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (9:01 AM) : 

She looks fantastic! There is something slightly unexpected about an open-toe shoe with a warm jacket, and I love it.

This is a qualm I used to face in NY when I was going out at night to meet friends in the colder months. I was brainwashed by my midwest mom that I could never wear an open-toe in cold weather, but secretly I knew that it must be possible! It's great to see it during the day in this case!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 AM) : 

Appropriate footwear would make the look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

This outfit is attainable rather than aspirational (that said, I have no idea how much this particular coat costs). The general gist of it, however, is casual style and it's very nice...even with "skinny jeans."

mltt

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Is that Amanda Brooks? Her eyes are piercing. Meanwhile I like the jacket but then immediately saw the open-toed shoes. They're chunky enough for the jacket but not the right season.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM) : 

The YSL Muse in Ostrich...that looks really expensive.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 AM) : 

She looks cute for September, but last week it was 7 degrees some mornings in New York and therefore looks ridiculous. Bare Hands? Bare Toes? Ugh.

 

Blogger S. said ... (9:43 AM) : 

It always annoys me when someone dresses for winter up top and sports bare feet as if it's mild weather below.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

I luv Amanda's outfit. Very Chic!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 AM) : 

I find her outfit a bit too mix-and-matchy, and considering how cold it was during Fashion Week, I wonder if that coat alone kept her warm? Liked the jacket though- it looks very plush and well made.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Ok- reality check....this was from last week...with freezing temps and she has sandals and bare toes. Didn't Michael Kors say once that he loved the look of sandals in winter cause it means she has a car waiting...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Perhaps Tods could throw in some stockings for this miss? Great look but those toes have got to be froze!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (11:13 AM) : 

I love the jacket! And the shoes, but not for that kind of weather.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

Amanda Cutter Brooks looks fabulous as usual! And as for the open toe shoes: fashion SHOULDN'T be practical. So what if she's freezing? She looks great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Open toes is winter is just stupid. Just like wearing a Parka in July. Your midwestern mom had the right idea.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Loving the outfit, but the open toed shoes make it look a little off.

 

Blogger Claudio Moro said ... (12:38 PM) : 

Great style. She looks absolutely gorgeous.

 

Blogger Admin said ... (1:30 PM) : 

this girl must have been freezing with those open toed shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:06 PM) : 

I have that bag!!

I agree that the shoes are not for NY weather right now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:13 PM) : 

I just wanted to say Happy Snowy Valentine's Day Sart! from NY! lots of kisses!

shes looks great and I love the jacket so gorgeous!!!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (4:19 PM) : 

As I said before, she looks great, but she could still look great with the right shoe for that kind of weather! If she had the shoe for winter she would be looking fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

I gather from the comments that this person is a fashion personality? Those shoes really anchor her in fashion victim territory. Good fashion often reflects the capacity to think out-of-the-box. But this looks more like a feeble attempt to say "look at me." Pity, because as lovely as she is, she doesn't need such gimmicks.
haapi

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (5:20 PM) : 

Wow, love that jacket.

Tend to agree with the shoe comments - have heard that the past few days have been less cold (but was this an older pic?), but even so, I struggle with season-inappropriate clothing.

You feel like saying, "Yes, you look fabulous, we're all looking at you...but now put some woolen socks and gloves on! Please!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 PM) : 

The coat and the sweater look great. All she needs is a nice pair of boots.

 

Blogger Hebden said ... (9:45 PM) : 

She looks wonderful but...golly...that's an expensive outfit.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (10:23 PM) : 

I loose interest fast!

 

Blogger alison said ... (10:08 AM) : 

La veste doublée avec des escarpins ouverts.. Il faut avoir beaucoup de classe pour l'assumer... Le jean est superbe, l'allure folle...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

The shoes makes it.

 

Blogger Elle said ... (2:20 PM) : 

I would love this if I didn't know that it was freezing when she wore those shoes! I hope she only had to hop into a nearby car.

 

Blogger Claudia_SB said ... (3:38 PM) : 

Fabulous handbag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 PM) : 

everything's too matchy, like her shoes, purse, and the jacket are all brown. not too crazy about this look, although her white top is simply fabulous.

 

Blogger Kelly said ... (5:58 PM) : 

My midwestern mom also believes in wearing holiday-inspired sweaters with "seasonally appropriate" embroidery. God love her. ;)

Some people don't mind cold extremities. For instance, I often don't wear gloves in the winter, leaving my fingers exposed. I really don't see the difference. And before anyone says it, my coat doesn't have pockets, so I don't shove my exposed fingers into them to get warm.

If we're going to give props to 20 year-olds who dress like grannys and 75 year-olds who dress like kids or like leopards, then can't we give her a break on the shoe choice? ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 PM) : 

I think she looks really good. Put together and matching in a cooler way than we are use to saying, it isn't matchy it just matches. Which is actually a little refreshing considering how unpopular matching has become (I don't personally like matching, for the record, but it works on her). About the shoe choice, I think its moot. While she must have been cold when outside, she obvioulsy wasn't trekking far from her chauffered escalade into the tents. AND my theroy has always been that I never feel particularly warm despite bundling up, so if I feel better in something that isn't *completely* seasonally appropriate, why not?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

love this pic

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:50 PM) : 

Can anyone tell me who makes that bag she's carrying?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

kristy, it's YSL.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting