This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Pitti Uomo......About Color

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, February 15, 2007

At Pitti Uomo......About Color

I'm not crazy about the fit of the jacket but I love the color combo.

Comments on "At Pitti Uomo......About Color"

 

Blogger Janets Planet said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Wow! Orange pants! But not just any orange. The yellow orange from the box of crayons that nobody wanted, but it is a wonderful color!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

I can't imagine walking out of my house wearing a jacket that fit like that. The ill fitting jacket betrays this man as someone who never wears a jacket. No color combination can save him.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Aaron
this is what I'm talking about
Stop obsessing on the negative - the color is great and if you can't get past the jacket fit then you are missing out on the best that this blog has to offer.

 

Blogger RoseAG said ... (10:44 AM) : 

I think Italy and that sunny orange/yellow color are one in the same. It's behind the fellow with the patterned suit down below.

The jacket isn't perfect, but it looks like it would actually be warm buttoned up with that great scarf at the neck.

I really like "real" people with expressions. It brings it all to life.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I dig this look

 

Blogger S. said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Sunny pants, fresh grassy scarf, LOVE it! I want to hug him as I would spring if I spotted it today.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:12 AM) : 

It’s an interesting look, pairing a neutral jacket with an eye-catching colour. The shade of tan/orange is beautiful; this look would work well with a navy blazer in place of the grey jacket.
If anyone feels the need to take the person to task over the fit of the jacket, there is far worse out there…

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (11:55 AM) : 

That's a great combination of colors! And the jacket looks great on him!

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (12:15 PM) : 

I love these colors together! Nicely done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Fantastic. I love that he looks ever-so-slightly deranged! (My apologies to him if he's reading this; believe it or not it's a compliment.)

 

Blogger ajane said ... (12:56 PM) : 

This really is a great colour combo -the subdued shades of green and blue (he has a blue sweater under that controversial jacket) paired with the single shot from the opposite side of the colour wheel is a very painterly strategy - you'll see it in any Italian museum - not to mention a very natural one, as s. alluded to. I think of pumpkins in a Tuscan field on an overcast winter day... I'm sure I'm reading into this outfit references the gentleman didn't consciously put in but isn't that the gift we're giving others when we dress well? (and yes, I'd say he's dressed well - I'll forgive fit for colour)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

What color are his shoes?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 PM) : 

There is a difference between not knowing the rules and being too cool to be restricted by them. My guess is that this guy is the latter. His clothing says that he is not dependent upon the favor of anyone and is free to dress himself as he pleases.

 

Blogger Jacques-Louis said ... (1:56 PM) : 

Bravo Sarto!!!
Since a long time ago I just wanted to say almost the same: "Stop obsessing on the negative....then you are missing out on the best that this blog has to offer"

I like your artistic aproach very much, but what really moves me about your work, is how kind you are with your subjects, and over that is how kind the subjects are with YOU!!!

I don´t think this is a contest, I don´t believe this is a sort of Fashion Police Blog, and I pray it would not become that... So please support the Sart.

I figure out that almost everyone portrayed here did not dress in the morning thinking: I´ll be in The Sart tonight, They just politely let Mr. Shuman (In a lot of cases he is just a nice stranger with a cam asking questions...) takes pics. Sure they are not asking for help with their sartorial issues, and I guess they don´t want to find out in the night they are listed as the worst fashion criminals on earth... I would not be happy being treated that way!!!

It´s so easy to find faults everywhere, but not so easy to find beauty beyond the obvious.

The integrity of SCOTT makes this blog work, please support his vision, express yourself, but please be kind, remember we are chez Lui, just follow his rules... In his very polite way he started this post "I'm not crazy about the fit..."

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:01 PM) : 

What color shoes his he wearing?

 

Blogger Just an Observation said ... (5:23 PM) : 

LOVE THE COLOR COMBO

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

Wow! It's like he's heralding Spring all on his own.

Man, I've got to get an understanding for tailoring because all this talk about jackets over the past few days has gone over my head.

I think this gentleman looks fine in his.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 PM) : 

This is brilliant. So fresh. I love this man, and the fact that its a man working these colors makes me love it even more.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 PM) : 

oh i love this look. i don't think men should be so fearful of color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 PM) : 

I wanted that color crayon! What was it, macaroni and cheese?

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (7:08 AM) : 

Nice and refreshing!

 

Blogger pumpkin said ... (11:00 AM) : 

I have to say...if the jacket were tailored and perfectly fit, this quirky gentleman would look more like a "fashionista" and less like a cool dude having some fun with his clothes. Nothing wrong with fashionistas per se, of course, but sometimes it's liberating to stop "calculating" and just roll with it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 PM) : 

Yes...this color combo is great - very bold but not ridiculous. As for the jacket - sure, it's not the best fitted, but it's not like he's drowning in it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

Adorable. If the jacket was nicely fitted this guy would be geeky hot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:06 PM) : 

This guy looks great, I am all for it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 AM) : 

diggin' the orange and green combo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

great look! It has a Michael Stipe vibe...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 AM) : 

I know this gentleman personally and I can say that his outfit perfectly represents his mood and behaviour. He's 100 km ahead than the others.

 

Anonymous james arthur tancred said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Love the yellow cords, teamed up with blue tweed and a avocado green scarf, quite brave, but it works.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting