This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.....Two in Nolita, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

On The Street.....Two in Nolita, New York

I'm noticing a lot of tall grey boots. The colors look even better when you click to enlarge.

Comments on "On The Street.....Two in Nolita, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 AM) : 

is this jenny lewis?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Hi Sart,
happy new year to you and keep on blogging, I love it!
What do you think about a sunglasses series in spring, that would be fun!

Lots of love from germany
best regards
Michael

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Gray color palette great, but not in favor of his scarf-under-the sweater with its loincloth-like trailing tail.

In fact, this may be the pic that makes me worry about runaway scarf hegemony; I now have the feeling that, while I sleep, they're busy reproducing...and...well, I gotta go now and lock my door!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Is it Mel Griffith?

I've come to dislike the grey boots. Her look, while it appears thrown on, is a comfy Sunday morning jaunt outfit.

His outfit looks like he needs fewer layers. He's a bulky man (footballer?) and I would love to see him try to look a touch sleeker. Just a touch. But then again, if they're just jaunting about then...

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

Love the guys sweater.

About Sweden, february might be REALLY cold and won't reveal that much fashion at all. We're all covered up in dark, heavy outerwear..
If possible I would go during may or mid sept.

(See you at Pitti Uomo, don't forget to check out GANT, hehe)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

The boots are lovely, yes, but I'm not too impressed with the scarfage on either. Her scarf looks silly (and like it's choking her) over her hair, and his scarf looks silly (and quite, well, lewd) under his sweater.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

looks like her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

She looks really good (like the pink scarf/grey boots), but I confess,I'm sick of the look. Maybe if she were smiling instead of gaping like a fish.

 

Blogger ponys are people too said ... (10:15 AM) : 

that totally looks like jenny lewis! the guy's a little skeezy though, right?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Am I the only one who thinks people look silly with their scarf tails hanging out of a sweater like that?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 AM) : 

Hey Sart!
Happy New Year!
I love the boots, I don't like the fact that her scarf is soo light pink...and also why don't she put her hair out of the scarf...and the guy I like the sweater, but not the scarf under....Nolita can do better than that!

Love you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 AM) : 

Fashionfanatic60 said...

I think this actually one of the publishing assistants at Vogue.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

She looks like any other girl in manhattan - don't see anything special ... as for the guy, it's an outfit - nothing rlly positive to say about it unfortunately ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

that guy seems quite happy but the lady looks fed up, here is a question: do you have any negative echo in the streets?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

I think her colour palette - the warm grey with the chocolate brown, the deep navy, and the pale pink - is lovely enough to transcend the styling and trendiness issues, at least when it comes to inspiration. Colour can do so much to lift the spirits on a winter's day that I'm grateful wherever I find it....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

I love the guy's sweater but it's not very slimming on him...

 

Blogger Nia said ... (1:35 PM) : 

Where are all the boys getting that sweater? I want one of my own.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Yeah, the scarf under his sweater is a no-no!
But I do like his sweater...and...the girl...ohh...sexy.

 

Blogger www.jennyhyun.tv said ... (1:55 PM) : 

I love the woman's whole look, all the way down to the way her hair was left loosely tucked under the scarf, fabulous!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (2:06 PM) : 

I love the stacked heel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

Oh man, I almost spilled my tea looking at that guy's scarf. My suggestion is for guys to not replicate the scarf hanging underneath the sweater hem ... Hmm.

I do love her boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

i think its jenny lewis too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

I like the bloke's pullover but I'm not sure about the scarf hanging down there underneath, it looks a bit 'sumo' if you know what I mean :-O

Incidentally, it's great that Jean Touitou enjoys your site: He has a very enjoyable blog on a Japanese magazine, essential reading if you are an APC fan or even if you just enjoy M Touitou's fine taste in music...

http://blog.honeyee.com/jean/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

jenny lewis would never wear an outfit like that—or, at least, not those sunglasses...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Happy New Year! i love the boots but i like the scarf and the bag better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:38 PM) : 

i think thats her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 PM) : 

I think they look amazing

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 PM) : 

Oh, I love that bag! Gucci?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 PM) : 

Loin cloth. That's it! Or maybe it is the deconstructionist on Soho's pants --- neatly trimmed. :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:58 PM) : 

She does look a lot like Jenny Lewis, doesn't she?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

She looks like every other girl in Nolita and he like every other guy. I usually love the looks on this site but this one is not so good, for me.

 

Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said ... (5:46 PM) : 

Nope...the scarf peek under the sweater and the skater basket shoes...ugh! Sorry this, plus the extra long face behind droopy glasses...doesn't spell any sort of style to me...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 PM) : 

They look so good, they really match. But what is up with that scarf business? The pink scarf look way to cheap for her outfit, and the guy is wrapping him selves all wrong...

If you are thinking of going to Stockholm for fashion-week there, I totally think you should go. People there are great and daring dressers, great street fashion. I think you will find great inspiration. As well as the designers are really good.

Happy newyear to you all!

 

Blogger Max said ... (6:44 PM) : 

He needs to undo the top button on the sweater and do a very loose "parisian" loop with that scarf. The idea is to direct the eye up away from the belly and toward the face. The pants could also be a touch shorter.

That said, the garments are well-chosen and the fold-under sweater is working.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 PM) : 

I love her boots!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:01 PM) : 

Oh, I love that bag! Gucci?

Yep. I've never been a big Gucci fan but I would wear that bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

I like the scarf over the hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 PM) : 

Wish I looked like her-very "come hither" I think.

Not impressed by her companion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 PM) : 

Gorgeous, indeed. But its her hair what I liked more.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:31 PM) : 

Great looking white couple!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 PM) : 

I feel like jenny lewis would not wear such an obvious gucci bag...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 PM) : 

it feels like they might be trying too hard. but the elements of her bag and boots are gorgeous though.

 

Blogger DK said ... (12:10 AM) : 

There's a lot of dislike toward the scarf under the sweater that my man has going on here. I know that a Parisian loop or a slipknot may be a bit sleeker, but I seem to like it a bit. I think the problem is that we are looking at the overall slouchiness of his ensemble from the waist down. If his trousers didn't have such a huge break and his shoes were a bit crisper, we may have adorned this guy a contributor to modern fashion.

Maybe?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:39 AM) : 

I agree with you! Jenny Lewis would not carry a bag like that but she sure would wear those lovely boots. Sart, tell us if it is her!
The guy should take fashion cues from you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 AM) : 

definitely resembles jenny lewis. i hate the bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 AM) : 

She looks like a young Jane Birkin.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

if that isn't jenny lewis it's her doppelganger. it would have been nice to see the top of her coat.

i agree that her companion is not impressive. next!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

Her look is just okay...though a little too blase for me. He, on the other hand, just doesn't work in that outfit.

He looks like a stockbroker trying to go undercover with the hipsters in Nolita.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:21 PM) : 

I can shed some light on this mystery...the gent's name is Jay Bones. Not a 'footballer' per say but all around an excellent athlete which explains his firm and somewhat meaty build. [Note: he did, however, lose his starting spot on the McBurney JV Basketball team to Noel Ashman].

One well-known trait of Mr. Bones is his elephantine testes, and the scarf, while fashionably long (almost revolutionarily so), is probably more a nod to his subconscous need to protect the 'nadsters.

The pants are a bit long, but then JB has always considered himself to be 6'2'' instead of his true 5'11'', and he may be guilty of wishful shopping. IT should also be noted that I am taller than him.

I do not know the ladyfriend, but it could be said with confidence that she's fortunate to have so much sexy standing next to her.

Lastly, I think he speaks French.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 PM) : 

That guy is trying WAY too hard. He doesn't look comfortable. She looks great though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 PM) : 

I'm so grossed out that Noel Ashman's NAME even was on the sartorialist!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

a great outfit with just one wrong element. the scarf!!!! ladies wear the scarf, do not let the scarf wear you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:11 PM) : 

She's got some great hair
and I love his sweater, casual but chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 PM) : 

i'm pretty sure that's jenny lewis...love her...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 PM) : 

I think his sweater are from the autumn collection by Luca e Alessandro. At least they got something quite like it.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting