This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.......Lost on the Streets of Antwerp

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

On the Street.......Lost on the Streets of Antwerp

Comments on "On the Street.......Lost on the Streets of Antwerp"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Cute!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Sart, I think maybe I missed it... did you explain exactly WHY you went to Antwerp? Is it a major fashion destination that I am ignorant of?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

My mother told me never to wear heavy black tights with my white pleated skirt. I think she was right.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

My mum has a skirt very like this one in her 'vintage trunk' except is a little sheerer. she also has a neon pink one which im dying to experiment with!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

oh, your recent post answered my question about Antwerp. your blog is a bit of an education for me. thank you!

I visited Antwerp once and had no idea there was so much to it. All I can recall is a guy I travelled with calling it Ant Wurp. I'm sure they love that there, as much as they do jaywalkers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 PM) : 

yes, Antwerp is really worth visiting, especially if you like fasion! Most of the belgian designers have their own store, mostly at or around 'de Nationalestraat' (that's the street where the fashion academy is located and where the Goth-girl had her picture taken).

If you're still in Belgium, try to visit the Walter-store (by Walter Van Beirendonck) in Antwerp and 'Le Shop' (by milliner Christophe Coppens) in Brussels! They're one of a kind!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

Love her shoes, and the simplicity of all. This is a very refined and control sense of style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:19 PM) : 

I've been tempted to try this look with a similar skirt I already own (mine is a little more sheer), but I worried I was crazy for trying a summer skirt in January. Seeing this pic, I might just be tempted to try it - the color contrast is quite dramatic and unexpected.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

Antwerp is great! I love to go there in the weekends, I live in Amsterdam so it's very close-by.
(Amsterdam is by the way also worth a visit)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

Love the boots; amazing look--like Maria Schneider in "The Passenger."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:23 PM) : 

I might have liked her look a little better with sexier shoes, but I think she looks great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 PM) : 

interesting play on the black/white look...i like how she's pushing the envelope with what looks to be a summery skirt worn in the middle of winter...hmmmm....

:) D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:09 PM) : 

I love her true white in the dead of winter. She's like take this fashion rules! I look good and you look boring!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM) : 

I love her true white in the dead of winter. She's like, take this fashion rules! I look good and you look boring!

I would never have thought of this pairing and if I had it wouldn't have looked good on me, but she looks chic and bold.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 PM) : 

beautiful, i love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 AM) : 

She looks just like Paz Vega from "Spanglish" and "Sex and Lucia!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 AM) : 

this cutie really knows how to wear black.it accents the natural beauty of her face and the lovely crispness of the dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 AM) : 

I like the stockings with the shoes/boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 AM) : 

I love the contrast! This is the way I like pleats...a bit edgier vs. preppy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 AM) : 

I come in Antwerp a lot, seeing that I live in Amsterdam which is quite close.
I like this outfit, just don't like it when you can see a skirt come out under the coat.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:00 AM) : 

Um, those shoes are extremely cute!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

She looks amazing! Am I to expect this kind of look a lot in Brussels? Or is Antwerp the stylish city and Brussels is the boring capital?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 PM) : 

those boots!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Not at all! Brussels has it's own fashion school ('la Cambre') wich had students like Xavier Delcour and Olivier Theyskens... If you want to see "young and trendy Brussels", make sure you look for the area around the 'rue Dansaert'. If you're more into Chanel, Delvaux or Natan, then 'avenue de Waterloo' is the place to be.
And if you're in Brussels anyway, make sure to vist patisier 'Wittamer' and chocolatier 'Pierre Marcolini' at 'le Sablon'.... I've read that Marcolini chocolates are about 5 times less expensive in Belgium than they are in America!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

I LOVE this outfit! It looks like something I would wear in the fall.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

when were you in Antwerp. You just missed me there :). I don't know if you're into red coats, but if you are, you're probably sorry you missed me :).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 PM) : 

boooring i've seen this look about a million times this winter in berlin and i'll probably see it another million considering that cold weather has just begun (at least in Germany)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:36 AM) : 

Hmm...not sure this young lady's look was worth almost getting arrest for, Sart. ;

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 AM) : 

Hey Scott-when+where can we find your other Antwerp pics?
Love you blog!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

Love this. I've always thought a white dress with opaque black stockings and black shoes is a gorgeous, unexpected, and artful combo (contrary to what everyone's mom told them) and now this woman is proving you can even pull it off in winter. Fantastic.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting